IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

20 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

If I ever meet Mr Duckworth and Lewis I'm going to kick them in the privates.

Bloody ridiculous isn`t it. We scored three more runs and lost one fewer wicket FFS so how is that a tie? We almost got shafted v Surrey by it as well but got out of it.

Still, should finish top 4 now with three of our second half games at home - I`d rather be in our position than Gloucester`s!

Regardless of the 'strange' D/L calculation - how can Essex be set a target 2 runs less than our score when they know from the outset they only need to bat 29 overs - we only scored 22 runs for 6 wickets in the last 5ish overs, let Essex, with 1 wicket left, score 33 from their last 3 overs and 15 from the last.

Astonishing.

• Admin
49 minutes ago, Super said:

Is it just me that thinks the scheduling is all over the place? 50 over one day 20 over the next?

add to that the 50 over stuff ends today until the end of July

Kent 100% the best limited overs team - that's twice they've spanked us now this season

Oh well on to Glammy in the T20 tonight - shame the forecast is not great - oh well an evening the Ale House it is then. Just hope the coach load of coked up morons from the valleys don't turn up again this season

5 hours ago, phantom said:

Kent 100% the best limited overs team - that's twice they've spanked us now this season

Oh well on to Glammy in the T20 tonight - shame the forecast is not great - oh well an evening the Ale House it is then. Just hope the coach load of coked up morons from the valleys don't turn up again this season

They`ll all be in Lens and Lille taking on the roided up Russians.

• Admin
7 hours ago, phantom said:

We are far too inconsistent to be the best. We aren't even qualifying for the next stage of either limited overs competition last time I looked.

2 hours ago, Ian M said:

We are far too inconsistent to be the best. We aren't even qualifying for the next stage of either limited overs competition last time I looked.

I think we will get through in the RLC. 5 points already and last season 9 got you in. Three of our last four are at home too and the away one is Hampshire.

Any of you see Glos absolutely destroy Essex on the tele last night??

We have definitely picked up a head of steam this week after a solid win against Hampshire in the Royal London.

Looking forward to seeing a packed crowd. I'm optimistic we'll get a game in. Rain forecast says 50/50 chance of rain, and umpires are more lenient to let a T20 game continue if it drizzly stuff. Only a full on deluge will stop the game, and those tend to pass quite quickly.

Duckworth Lewis could be in play, so deffo think its win the toss and bowl first tonight. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Cricket version of City v Rovers.

Doesn't quite work like that though, the dividing line isn't quite as clear as it used to be. I and few of my City supporting mates are Glos fans, I think it goes back to when Somerset stopped playing in the City.