IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

4 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I'm fast running out of patience with Maynard. I see no improvements. One day wise were going backwards 

I know, it`s driving me nuts. The only reason we mullered Hampshire is because they`re so awful. it`s beginning to remind me of Pulis for us, every time Somerset scrape a result somewhere it keeps him a job for a bit longer.:grr:

• Admin
58 minutes ago, Super said:

I don't think it was down to the bowlers, reducing them to 92 off 9 was a good effort.

Yeah - as usual inept middle order batting 

Not too bothered about the T20, as finals days City are home to Newcastle - that would have been a tough decision !

All I've deceided now is not to go to Glamorgan on Friday 22nd July - just stick to the paid home matches in the T20 now

Oh well, 50 over cricket is a better final

28 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Very frustrating as I think a win would have put them top or certianly second.  That's four games that weather has cost them.. I know there were 2 they saved from defeat but its clear god isn't a Somerset fan.

I do agree declaring at 400 might have been an idea.

Although, I suspect the delayed declaration may well have been to provide a confidence booster to Ryan Davies, allowing him to get his 50. 

Essex supposedly wanting to talk to Alex Hales and Varun Chopra whose contracts both expire this season, Somerset could do worse than looking to bring Chopra in for next season, first class average of around 37, list a average of 42, how much longer will Tres be playing 4 day cricket for? Would enquiring about Hales also be worth it for the occasions he'd be available? Surely England would rather he went to a Div 1 side ( :fear: ) and where better than the batting paradise.