IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

38 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Commentators still going on about the pitch and Middlesex slow over rate points deduction...

I'm pretty fed up of the whole slow over rate thing. Middlesex can hardly complain when it took the best part of 7 hours to bowl 88 overs in the Surrey innings, it could easily have rained in the final day and they'd have still got the points deduction.

Also I'm not convinced they had time to make it all up even if they wanted to in that game. I think they'd have still been one over down on the rate.

4 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

They also weren’t bowling at the time 

Yeah I know, even if they'd declared at the exact time the game ended there would've been 1 hour 15 minutes to get in something like 30 overs (according to my quick back of an envelope calculations).

I've no sympathy at all if they go down and start complaining again about that particular deduction.

• Admin
21 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

We’ve not had a previous warning for 12 months. That’s only was we could lose points. 

16 minutes ago, Super said:

Apparently if it was classed as poor we would have lost points below average is acceptable?!

Yup, if it had been rated as "poor" we would have had a points deduction

17 minutes ago, hodge said:

So people's opinions, keep Abell as captain for next season? I think he deserves another shot, after a poor start to the season he came back strongly when moving down the order and deserved his place in the side and captaincy he's made some decent calls this year. 

I would keep him on, shame really he has been so poor with the bat this season a decent season and he would probably have been going on the ashes tour. Still only 23 though plenty of time ahead of him.

Edited by Super

So marked below average due to the fact it spun on day 1? That's the ECB's official criteria, if a pitch gets decent turn on days 1 or 2 you get a below average rating... wow. No wonder 90% of English players can't play spin if teams aren't allowed to prepare spinning wickets. When we go abroad to subcontinent etc you'll get spin straight away. From what I watched on the live stream the pitch didn't really get worse, it seemed to spin as much on day 1 as it did on day 3.