IGNORED

Squad For Next Season?

otib118

Fielding (dont understand why we need another GK Fielding played every min last season and we can get a emergency GK loan any time so dont see the point).

I'm not sure that an emergency loan will help us 10 minutes into a game if Fielding goes off injured. Of course we been a reserve keeper on the bench. 

I hate the ( Club ) quiet , and mass speculation. We were spoiled last year , good signings and done early, it seems there is more consideration and dealing to do at the higher level. 

I'll try and and stay clear of this thread unless something solid, and confirmed pops up.    :fear:

I hate the ( Club ) quiet , and mass speculation. We were spoiled last year , good signings and done early, it seems there is more consideration and dealing to do at the higher level.

I'll try and and stay clear of this thread unless something solid, and confirmed pops up. :fear:

Freeman, Smith, Ayling, Wilbraham, Little were all signed near end of June or start of July, which is early for most clubs. Why are people expecting news or deals in early June? Go on holiday and check back in a months time.

Freeman, Smith, Ayling, Wilbraham, Little were all signed near end of June or start of July, which is early for most clubs. Why are people expecting news or deals in early June? Go on holiday and check back in a months time.

Exactly, deals for our 6 summer signings were announced between 25/6 - 8/7.

No cause for alarm yet, and one of the reasons I suspect we are being drip fed news of extended contracts. Keeps a certain level of interest amongst the fans, and keeps City on the back pages and in the news.

Williams was instrumental in us winning the title, the partnership the defence showed gave confidence and assurity to go forests and express themselves. A lot of JB success is down to the hard work and cover put in by Williams.

If we are to strengthen this season, and God hope we will do, the big money needs to go on a championship quality striker and maybe an experienced, slightly older head in the dorm or a replacement for Alby. We have decent enough back up in Agard and an improving Burns, the latter maybe dislodging the former would be a nice investment for the club.

BristolCity!!!, on 09 Jun 2015 - 3:35 PM, said:

Fielding (dont understand why we need another GK Fielding played every min last season and we can get a emergency GK loan any time so dont see the point).

I'm not sure that an emergency loan will help us 10 minutes into a game if Fielding goes off injured. Of course we been a reserve keeper on the bench.

1 game wont hurt if we have youngster on bench not end of the world not long ago Warnock never had a GK sub at all let alone a youth one.

BristolCity!!!, on 09 Jun 2015 - 3:35 PM, said:

1 game wont hurt if we have youngster on bench not end of the world not long ago Warnock never had a GK sub at all let alone a youth one.

I disagree, an inexperienced teenager for a game (or part of one) can cost points. A large part of part of our successful season was down to every player knowing what the other was doing.. having an emergency loan keeper coming in he would not have this team knowledge.

I definitely think another keeper is needed - even if it is just to push Frankie and keep him motivated to stay in the team.

First 11:

Ayling, Flint, Williams--Young/Hungry/Decent

Little, Smith, Darren Ambrose(Elliot's Replacement),Bryan

Freeman--Except Ambrose all as above Ambrose adds that bit of class and been there done it.

Smith(our big signing), Agard(hope not nice to see us sign a new Maynard from somewhere)

Where will we finish? 10th-14th. Would be a good first season back.

who are young/Hungary/decent

Never heard of them??

Archived