IGNORED

Squad For Next Season?

otib118

Distribution I could kind of agree sometimes he has poor games with his passing but they are very few and far between.

Positioning I don't think he gets caught out of position at all I think that is one of his strong points.

I would expect city to bring in a centre half who can play left sided yes, but he's only 21/22. Going to struggle to get someone that young to compete for his place IMO.

Well, we seem to agree his is a position City are likely to strengthen.

I don't expect Cotts. to sign players to sit on the bench, they'll need to be of the standard to actively challenge what we've already got.

It's then up to Williams - like every other player - to prove he's got what it takes to deserve to remain the first choice, and, who knows, he may well do just that.

But I do expect the competition brought in for his position to be very strong.

I only say we will bring someone in as the only other cover we have is Cunningham who wouldn't be trusted there if Williams was injured for a long period of time.

I do disagree and I would probably go out on a limb and say that i'm the most confident in Williams out of our back 3 to be able to handle championship football.

Well, we seem to agree his is a position City are likely to strengthen.

I don't expect Cotts. to sign players to sit on the bench, they'll need to be of the standard to actively challenge what we've already got.

It's then up to Williams - like every other player - to prove he's got what it takes to deserve to remain the first choice, and, who knows, he may well do just that.

But I do expect the competition brought in for his position to be very strong.

Nether has flint

No, but we're discussing Williams and I was particularly responding to devoncider's assertion that he 'is a very solid Championship player.'

The difference with Flint is he was outstanding in just about every game last season, so we can have a reasonable confidence he will at least comfortably hold his own one division up.

I do disagree and I would probably go out on a limb and say that i'm the most confident in Williams out of our back 3 to be able to handle championship football.

Fair enough BS30, it's all about opinions and it'll be interesting to see how Williams responds to increased competition next season.

No, but we're discussing Williams and I was particularly responding to devoncider's assertion that he 'is a very solid Championship player.'

The difference with Flint is he was outstanding in just about every game last season, so we can have a reasonable confidence he will at least comfortably hold his own one division up.

But so was Williams he never had a poor game Last season ether

For me Williams is a classy CB, does everything right and often without due credit, a no frills kinda player.

He's still learning and I really think if not the sky, certainly high clouds are the limit for this guy - we haven't seen the best of him yet. Top end Championship player/lower end Prem player as and when he peaks IMHO. Only Caulker sticks out in my mind as a better defender in my time at the gate (2001 onwards)

We're going to need more than 4 Centre Halfs is we're playing 3 at the back, allowing for injuries and such (admittedly we were quite lucky last season.)

And not sure Osborne is Championship quality, and I'd arguably sign a new left sided Centre Half.

I don't see why people are writing Williams off he's only 22 and featured in the most successful defence last season. He brings us very good balance with him and Ayling both ball playing defenders either side of Flint who is more of our no nonsense get it away or give it to one of our better ball players. Osbourne is decent with the ball at his feet aswell, we need another young guy in the same mould as Flint I feel, a no nonsense defender, who can step into that position if Flint gets injured or ( unthinkably) loses form. 5 centre backs should be enough as Ayling and Williams injury records have been very good for us and as said before Cunningham can play that left sided ball playing centre back if needed!

It's no secret we are after a goalkeeper someone with competition to Fielding so we should expect to see that improved.

Joe Bryan is key to this clubs future, if we want to to his continuous improvement he will stay as left wing back starter with Cunningham backup.

Right wing back is tricky, Mark Little I feel as good as he was in League one, may not be quite the rounded player for the championship, I would like to see us try to get Tavernier, or Kane as someone mentioned before, to compete for that starting berth.

Central midfield is difficult, Smith for me is seen as a key part of the future of this team and will continue from where he left off last season but who he plays with is difficult. Pack has never played before in the championship, and it remains to be seen if he is of the quality of it, but is clearly in the managers future plans after his contract extension. I would hope to see us sign another player to give Pack good competition, as well as a solid defensive midfielder for more tricky opposition this season.

In the hole seems simple Freeman should continue where he left off, it is hard to see anyone wanting to come to us and just sit behind him all season.

Up front is tricky, Agard has never featured in the championship but will be there to compete with whatever other striker we sign in the goal scorer mould, and I would expect to see another target man brought in to provide competition for Wilbraham. (Gallagher/Smith?)

I feel that Bryan, Smith and Freeman, are KEY parts of our future, and will even be parts of our team if we managed to reach the prem

In the next few years.

Williams, Ayling, Flint, Pack also have very important futures with us I feel and seem to be enjoying life here and working hard.

I would also like to see us continue in a similar transfer strategy of the last few summers, mainly players under 24 that we can develop.

So for me my shopping list would be:

1XGoalkeeper

1xYoung no nonsense Centre Back

1xRight Wing Back

1x Defensive Midfielder

1x Centre Midfielder

1xStriker (Goalscorer mould)

1xYoung Target Man

Talking of players that seem to have been written off, it seems strange that someone who could potentially be sharing the field with Gareth Bale, Aaron Ramsey etc, is being dismissed as not good enough for our squad.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/burns-trains-with-wales-senior-squad-2481478.aspx

Talking of players that seem to have been written off, it seems strange that someone who could potentially be sharing the field with Gareth Bale, Aaron Ramsey etc, is being dismissed as not good enough for our squad.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/burns-trains-with-wales-senior-squad-2481478.aspx

On the other hand Wales have a very poor pool of strikers to choose from!

First 11:

Fielding (dont understand why we need another GK Fielding played every min last season and we can get a emergency GK loan any time so dont see the point).

Ayling, Flint, Williams--Young/Hungry/Decent

Little, Smith, Darren Ambrose(Elliot's Replacement),Bryan

Freeman--Except Ambrose all as above Ambrose adds that bit of class and been there done it.

Smith(our big signing), Agard(hope not nice to see us sign a new Maynard from somewhere)

Where will we finish? 10th-14th. Would be a good first season back.

Think our signings will be carefully thought out, balance of old pros, and younger promising players, and all with a definite plan, not just clubs in bag. Stick with what worked, and look longer term too. One name I have heard is Lee Camp from Bournemouth.

Difference is Williams can definitely become a good premiership quality cb. We have a real gem in him and took advantage of a rare case of a very good youngster at a premier club wanting game time to progress their career but couldn't see it where he was.

It is a must to hang on to him of which I think we will have no problem as I think he loves playing for us. I hope we tie him up until 2019 too.

I genuinely believe Flint, ayling and Williams could hold their own up until the premiership as they all have the potential to get better and grow as a unit.

Archived