IGNORED

Jamie Murphy

havanatopia

9 in 39 last season

WDP suggesting he is a possible target. Where do these rumours come from? Lot of hot hair ballony or are there leaks?

Not sure he brings anything better than we already have quite frankly.

He's quality and this would be a pretty big signing.... both in player and in fee. If the price is right Cotts, get him in!

Have to say, if the rumours are correct I'm pretty impressed with who we're looking at so far.

I don't understand the hype about this one, he's a fairly decent league one player, but weak, quick enough but not blistering pace, a fairly decent footballing brain but I think he's more of a winger than a striker and we play wing backs, also don't think he'd be strong enough for or good enough as a striker for the Championship.

From the little I know I would share more what you say Puckle than Brett. But who knows.. perhaps Cotts and Burt feel in our team he can score and assist more; after all, its not all about historical its about potential as well.. that is what our team seems to be built around and last season those players who came in certainly more than fulfilled theirs.

JET's replacement perhaps ?

Possibly, but JET was more often than not played as an out-and-out striker. He could be cover for Freeman, or maybe we're looking to have the option of 2 AttMid behind a target man? I think he's a decent player actually, just not sure where he fits in

Possibly, but JET was more often than not played as an out-and-out striker. He could be cover for Freeman, or maybe we're looking to have the option of 2 AttMid behind a target man? I think he's a decent player actually, just not sure where he fits in

I'm no expert but going into a higher level we can't just keep playing the same system. I'm sure the 3-5-2 will be plan A.

I'd like us to have versatile players so we have plan B and C.

Aren't Brighton meant to be looking at him? I n which case he clearly has the chance to play at a higher level and is unlikely to want to join us as a backup. As previously said if this rumour is true then I would suggest Cotts is working on a different formation but the local papers tend to pick up anyone who is linked to the championship atm and suggest we are interested..

Aren't Brighton meant to be looking at him? I n which case he clearly has the chance to play at a higher level and is unlikely to want to join us as a backup. As previously said if this rumour is true then I would suggest Cotts is working on a different formation but the local papers tend to pick up anyone who is linked to the championship atm and suggest we are interested..

Seems like quite expensive back up. You may be right on formations though; against better teams, Cotts may want the option of playing 3-4-3, with a front three of (for example) Murphy-Wilbs-Freeman

Erm, higher level??

The same Brighton who just avoided relegation from the same league we are now in?!

Is it just me, or does that not make sense??

You think he has a chance to play for a team performing at a higher level to us, but would only be a back up here??

Maybe just the way I'm reading it.

Anyway, isn't he Scottish........... :whistle2:

Sheffield United fans are some of the most deluded in football and think that big gates automatically intitle you to be in the Premier League. They do not realise that it is league position that counts and nothing else.

Edited by BS3_RED

Sheffield United fans are some of the most deluded in football and think that big gates automatically intitle you to be in the Premier League. They do not realise that it is league position that counts and nothing else.

I thought the guys arguments were quite well reasoned and would be perhaps similar to the ones we would give to people sniffing around our players. I would argue that it is easier to fly to Scotland from BRS than drive from Sheffield other than that I think he has some valid points.

I think he'd be a decent edition.he played wide every time I saw him on the box last season. Not that Im convinced the Post have any inside information. I saw Murphy linked with Brighton so maybe it's an agent trying to up the fee or just Stockhousen filling pages.

I think people underestimate the pull of Brighton ( or overestimate our pull). They are an established championship club who had a bad season due to a poor managerial appointment. They are well ahead of us in stadia, set up & finance. Who knows why Ayling turned them down but most players from outside of Bristol would see them as a bigger club (currently)

TheRazor is a Gashead, awful attempt at pretending to me anything other than!

There's legs in this rumour, maybe part of the deal will be a player exchange, who knows but there's definitely legs to the rumour.

Murphy isn't a striker - he's played on the left or behind the Striker.

Also - take Brighton's bid with a pinch of salt. Brighton are well aware that Sheffield United are interested in O'Grady, so it's most likely a clever bid to get Murphy at a reasonable price, to help smooth over the O'Grady dealing.

Although - if what's being quoted is correct, Brighton have bid 1m for him. Personally, I wouldn't pay this sort of money for him - and if he does sign, it's another massive gamble for Brighton, much like Baldock was - and look how that one turned out.