IGNORED

England Vs France - World Cup For The Ladies

Sir Colby-Tit

• Admin

To be fair, should we compare it to the men's game anyway. It's accepted in other sports where women's participation is already established that they cannot compete with men physically.

A comparison earlier was made with a school game, would we criticise them for not doing what professional men can do, guys incidentally who have been involved in a professional format for decades. The women's game at the top level in this country still isn't fully Full-time yet.

View it as a different sport and its actually enjoyable and I surprised myself with how much the opening goal meant to me when we scored it.

Again though, I keep stressing it, work on the goalkeeping! Different sport or not, if you are intending to parry a shot, parry it sideways not straight back out!

To be fair, should we compare it to the men's game anyway. It's accepted in other sports where women's participation is already established that they cannot compete with men physically.

A comparison earlier was made with a school game, would we criticise them for not doing what professional men can do, guys incidentally who have been involved in a professional format for decades. The women's game at the top level in this country still isn't fully Full-time yet.

View it as a different sport and its actually enjoyable and I surprised myself with how much the opening goal meant to me when we scored it.

Again though, I keep stressing it, work on the goalkeeping! Different sport or not, if you are intending to parry a shot, parry it sideways not straight back out!

No keeper should be parrying that though. It was a piece of p1$$ to hold.

I have no issue with criticising the quality, it's a sport with an easy comparison to make. I just got annoyed with the 70's kitchen sink jokes!

The women's game is obviously a long way behind the men's for a lot reasons. I've enjoyed the matches probably more than the England men's. Hopefully with more exposure the level will move up.

• Admin

Really refreshing interview with Fran Kirby who looked like scoring that goal tonight was genuinely the best moment of her life. Sometimes the men come across too businesslike in their interviews as if it meant nothing to them.

It was crap goalkeeping - end of.

That said I've seen plenty of professional male goalkeepers make similar howlers.

Goalkeeping is the single biggest area that will hold the Women's game back if it is not addressed. The standard of Goalkeeping, bar one or two keepers, is dire. It's not about individual mistakes which, as you say, happen in all football. The keepers are just way behind the standard of the outfield players unfortunately.

Really refreshing interview with Fran Kirby who looked like scoring that goal tonight was genuinely the best moment of her life. Sometimes the men come across too businesslike in their interviews as if it meant nothing to them.

Because of the exposure and popularity of the mens game you have a gutter press and idiots on forums like these who hang on every word, twisting it to suit their agenda - such as when Cotterill said "I am a winner" after we got tonked at Sheffield United. So fans get the "business like", non commital interviews they deserve.

What I will say in defence of the Lady Keepers is that the multi-billion pound mens game in this country doesn't take Goalkeeping seriously - just look at what we are producing in this country now compared to years gone by. How many English keepers in the Premier League regularly getting a game? And at a lower level what have Bristol City's Academy ever produced goalkeeper wise? So what chance has the Women's game got?

What I will say in defence of the Lady Keepers is that the multi-billion pound mens game in this country doesn't take Goalkeeping seriously - just look at what we are producing in this country now compared to years gone by. How many English keepers in the Premier League regularly getting a game? And at a lower level what have Bristol City's Academy ever produced goalkeeper wise? So what chance has the Women's game got?

I agree, top class goalkeeper coaching is overlooked a youth levels. England will soon have no good keepers left, unless but land is actually given a chance(which is looking likely if begovic leaves them) to prove himself. But this is understandable as not many younger people want to be goalkeepers

Tuned into the latest feball offering, and the efforts of the commentators in putting a spin on the dross on the pitch was great entertainment. However I got more into it as the match wore on and when we scored the girly toe poke and the offside header I was warming to it, the late Mex goal even added extra drama at the end.

However our coach needs to look a lot less boyish, we won't win anything with kids.

I'm with you Ian. It's much more entertaining if you view it as a different game in many ways. But that said I can recall City players who couldn't pass the ball very well and struggled to retain possession! And was last night's performance any less frustrating than that Gas play-off match in which the majority of players huffed and puffed and created almost nothing?

Regardless of what she looks like Alex Greenwood has got a very good left foot, the two goals were well worked, and Bronze, Carney and Williams all had the battling qualities we'd appreciate at any level of the game. The delight on their faces when the ball finally went in was a joy to behold. Looking forward to the next match where hopefully they will have a bit more confidence.

Well done to the lionesses for coming from behind to beat Norway last night and reach the quarter finals. Remember that Norwegian TV commentator a few years ago "Maggie Thatcher; your boys took one hell of a beating here tonight"?

How about;

England have beaten Norway, the Norway of Roland Amundsun, Vidkun Quisling and Anni-Frid Lyngstad. Oh Anni are you watching? Your girls took one hell of a beating here tonight.

Well done to the lionesses for coming from behind to beat Norway last night and reach the quarter finals. Remember that Norwegian TV commentator a few years ago "Maggie Thatcher; your boys took one hell of a beating here tonight"?How about;England have beaten Norway, the Norway of Roland Amundsun, Vidkun Quisling and Anni-Frid Lyngstad. Oh Anni are you watching? Your girls took one hell of a beating here tonight.

G'wan the wimin!

I drove with a friend the 330 miles from Hamilton to Ottawa to be at the game. A scorcher of a day and loads of ex pats out to support the girls. I will still be in canada for the semi but I won't be making the 2660 mile trip for that!

I thought that counted as a local derby in Canadal?

Archived