IGNORED

Liverpool?

• Admin

Bit harsh on Milner, he's won the Premier League more times than Eden Hazard....

Hardly "won" the PL for City though did he. 17 League starts in their first title winning season, 12 in the second.

Played a part on occasion but I hardly see the title contenders quaking in their boots at the thought of Liverpool signing him.

Who would want him. He was beyond useless this season.

Chelsea and if he goes he will be a success, he is totally suited to their style, a typical Mourinho signing, that will pay off.

He was a Manure panic signing, never a LVG type of player.

of course IMO.

PS:- goes to show you don't really need an in form striker to finish above Liverpool.

Not sure why he is being rubbished. Had a decent season same as austin in poor teams. Rather them give a young english talent a chance rather than a waster like ballotelli.

Not being rubbished that I can see.

But again hardly a stellar signing, mind you if it comes off then fair play.

Lot of liverpool fans are. They prob did the same when rush signed and aldridge from smaller clubs.

Lot of liverpool fans are. They prob did the same when rush signed and aldridge from smaller clubs.

Jesus talk about straw clutching, different world, different game.

I hope it comes off because it'll be good for England, but he ain't no Harry Kane that's for sure, as long as he stays fit and hits double figures, he'll be a hit at Liverpool.

I think Milner will be an astute signing. Rodgers spanked loads on foreigners last time round and is probably on the verge of the sack, so a proven top half player like JM is what he needs. Ings is free in essence (for free read about 6m) and is no risk.

Has Falcao gone back to whence he came?

I agree with the general consensus; Milner and Ings, while undoubtedly good players, are not going to be adding greatly to Pool's chances of improvement next season; in fact probably they will just help hold the status quo. I trust for their sake they will be signing some game changer players.

I'm not sure that the Liverpool supporters will be too excited by these signings.

They're the sort of signings teams like Stoke or WBA would make, not a team which aspires to be at the top.

From Suarez to Ings, Gerrard to Milner.....

Ings scored more than Balotelli and Lambert this season = upgrade

Milner played more games than Gerrard this season, it a team than finished higher = upgrade

Not many players could replace Suarez and Gerrard (in his prime), but these two signings are definitely better than what they currently have.

Jesus talk about straw clutching, different world, different game.

I hope it comes off because it'll be good for England, but he ain't no Harry Kane that's for sure, as long as he stays fit and hits double figures, he'll be a hit at Liverpool.

Bet you the price of a lindleys pie that Ings gets more goals for England than Kane. Before this season Kane hadn't really done it anywhere. Ings is class and in a better side will flourish much like Kane did this season.

His apprenticeship was scoring 25 goals in the Championship (no mean feat) followed by playing for a struggling side in the premiership.

That's a really good grounding.

Milner played more games than Gerrard this season, it a team than finished higher = upgrade

Not many players could replace Suarez and Gerrard (in his prime), but these two signings are definitely better than what they currently have.

Upgrades? You make it sound like significant improvements. You can still upgrade from meh to a little less meh.

I hold back on Milner because I do think that's a very good signing, but Ings puzzles me. I agree with Cynic in that Ings should be a target for an aspirational top 10/Europa League club, not a club that would consider anything less than Champions League a failure.

You miss the point methinks, after a season of over achieving Liverpool/Rogers had the chance to bring in some stellar signings because they had qualified for the champions league and they/he spunked most of 100 + mil on dross like Balotelli and because of that, now they have to rely on the 2nd 'draft' non stellar signings in an attempt to play catch up once more, if Ings and Milner were stellar signings, they would have been picked up by a team in the champions league.

You miss the point methinks, after a season of over achieving Liverpool/Rogers had the chance to bring in some stellar signings because they had qualified for the champions league and they/he spunked most of 100 + mil on dross like Balotelli and because of that, now they have to rely on the 2nd 'draft' non stellar signings in an attempt to play catch up once more, if Ings and Milner were stellar signings, they would have been picked up by a team in the champions league.

Sure they won't be the only signings.

Archived