IGNORED

Liverpool?

You miss the point methinks, after a season of over achieving Liverpool/Rogers had the chance to bring in some stellar signings because they had qualified for the champions league and they/he spunked most of 100 + mil on dross like Balotelli and because of that, now they have to rely on the 2nd 'draft' non stellar signings in an attempt to play catch up once more, if Ings and Milner were stellar signings, they would have been picked up by a team in the champions league.

Rogers needs to hope and pray that the likes of Lallana, Loveren, Markovic, Moreno etc.. all do what Couthino did and step up to the plate in their second season.

I think Danny Ings is a decent signing but will be interesting to see what he does with another of last summers signings, Origi, coming back from his loan.

His record on signings at Liverpool is appalling IMO, and if that group from last summer don't come good, he'll be up the road by Christmas.

Sure they won't be the only signings.

i'm sure they won't, but will they be world class signings, which is what they need or more Rogers ego signings?.

Rogers needs to hope and pray that the likes of Lallana, Loveren, Markovic, Moreno etc.. all do what Couthino did and step up to the plate in their second season.

I think Danny Ings is a decent signing but will be interesting to see what he does with another of last summers signings, Origi, coming back from his loan.

His record on signings at Liverpool is appalling IMO, and if that group from last summer don't come good, he'll be up the road by Christmas.

Origi was named in l'equipe newspaper in 2015's worst 11 players for 2015, doesn't look to good.

That's probably what concerns liverpool fans the most!  What else is this guy going to spend on?!

Correct.

How about Ruprecht, Balotelli's brother locked in a Milan castle basement?.

i'm sure they won't, but will they be world class signings, which is what they need or more Rogers ego signings?.

Origi was named in l'equipe newspaper in 2015's worst 11 players for 2015, doesn't look to good.

Correct.

How about Ruprecht, Balotelli's brother locked in a Milan castle basement?.

Origi is still young so wouldn't read too much into that.

Upgrades? You make it sound like significant improvements. You can still upgrade from meh to a little less meh.

I hold back on Milner because I do think that's a very good signing, but Ings puzzles me. I agree with Cynic in that Ings should be a target for an aspirational top 10/Europa League club, not a club that would consider anything less than Champions League a failure.

You miss the point methinks, after a season of over achieving Liverpool/Rogers had the chance to bring in some stellar signings because they had qualified for the champions league and they/he spunked most of 100 + mil on dross like Balotelli and because of that, now they have to rely on the 2nd 'draft' non stellar signings in an attempt to play catch up once more, if Ings and Milner were stellar signings, they would have been picked up by a team in the champions league.

Last season they should of replaced Suarez and Gerrard with top players and then kicked on but they didn't.

This season Ings and Milner are decent signings, I'm not saying they are great, but they are decent squad players. Look at Chelsea, their back up strikers were Drogba and Remy, I believe Ings is better/has more potential than them. 

I still believe Liverpool will sign 2 pretty good players, like Pjanic and Benteke , but as a club they should be happy for top 6 at the moment. Far too much deadwood that needs replacing in my opinion.

Last season they should of replaced Suarez and Gerrard with top players and then kicked on but they didn't.

This season Ings and Milner are decent signings, I'm not saying they are great, but they are decent squad players. Look at Chelsea, their back up strikers were Drogba and Remy, I believe Ings is better/has more potential than them. 

I still believe Liverpool will sign 2 pretty good players, like Pjanic and Benteke , but as a club they should be happy for top 6 at the moment. Far too much deadwood that needs replacing in my opinion.

That's true. The trouble is, Rogers brought most of it in.

I agree with everything you've written but just depart on the Ings assessment. 11 last season sounds impressive for a first prem season, but when he gets half of those during 6 weeks of a season it does raise my suspicion as to whether he hit form or whether it's sustainable. I fear the latter.  

I think he's got a few more dues to pay yet until he gets a move like this.

I agree with everything you've written but just depart on the Ings assessment. 11 last season sounds impressive for a first prem season, but when he gets half of those during 6 weeks of a season it does raise my suspicion as to whether he hit form or whether it's sustainable. I fear the latter.  

I think he's got a few more dues to pay yet until he gets a move like this.

he wouldn't of got many chances per game with burnley, he'll get alot more with liverpool,

he could be bad he could be amasing,

but when liverpool signed Sturridge not many were shouting from the rooftops and said that they massivally over-paid for a poor player, I can see ings doing the same tbh, he is a great young player, its whether he kicks on and becomes a sturridge or stagnates and becomes another david nugent and fails in the big time, 

Me personally I think they have a very good signing,

Milner is a good signing and good fit, no nonsense type player ho isn't outstanding but you will always get a performance

Imo Milner and Ings are good signings, Milner given his price and experience compared to the signings Liverpool made last season is a very good signing, I expect them to sign another to try and replace Gerrard but Milner adds to the squad. Ings as others have said 11 or so in a Burnley squad where you expect he will get more chances in a Liverpool team. Also will be a case of down the line if they decide to sell him they can probably expect to at least make their money back they will have to pay. 2 relatively risk free signings.

Does anyone think Sterling got wind of Milner signing for 120k per week a few months back hence him wanting more than his offered 100k? You couldn't really blame Sterling for wanting more if James Milner was picking up that much.

On the other hand with Ings, I'd imagine all of Burnleys attacking play was aimed around him, so i'd expect him to get double figures regardless if they got relegated. He also played pretty much every game. I doubt that would be the case at Liverpool.

Does anyone think Sterling got wind of Milner signing for 120k per week a few months back hence him wanting more than his offered 100k? You couldn't really blame Sterling for wanting more if James Milner was picking up that much.

On the other hand with Ings, I'd imagine all of Burnleys attacking play was aimed around him, so i'd expect him to get double figures regardless if they got relegated. He also played pretty much every game. I doubt that would be the case at Liverpool.

Nah, I think Sterling is just a tool :)

I agree with you re Ings and limited game time.

If I were to make a prediction of Ings' fate it would have to be that he will be sparingly used in the league and pretty much limited to starting appearances in the three cup comps only. End result he'll find himself in a couple of years time being touted around anyone in the Prem that'd buy/loan him and he will need to build up his reputation again away from Liverpool. To me that seems typically what happens to young, promising English players who get or take the big move too soon.

he wouldn't of got many chances per game with burnley, he'll get alot more with liverpool,

he could be bad he could be amasing,

but when liverpool signed Sturridge not many were shouting from the rooftops and said that they massivally over-paid for a poor player, I can see ings doing the same tbh, he is a great young player, its whether he kicks on and becomes a sturridge or stagnates and becomes another david nugent and fails in the big time, 

Me personally I think they have a very good signing,

Milner is a good signing and good fit, no nonsense type player ho isn't outstanding but you will always get a performance

I seem to recall a MOTD stat about Burnley's goals per chance ratio and the upshot was that they were creating but not scoring and that was the problem, which would put a different perspective on it.

If I were to make a prediction of Ings' fate it would have to be that he will be sparingly used in the league and pretty much limited to starting appearances in the three cup comps only. End result he'll find himself in a couple of years time being touted around anyone in the Prem that'd buy/loan him and he will need to build up his reputation again away from Liverpool. To me that seems typically what happens to young, promising English players who get or take the big move too soon.

Wouldn't be so sure myself, isn't Sturridge out until November?

If I were to make a prediction of Ings' fate it would have to be that he will be sparingly used in the league and pretty much limited to starting appearances in the three cup comps only. End result he'll find himself in a couple of years time being touted around anyone in the Prem that'd buy/loan him and he will need to build up his reputation again away from Liverpool. To me that seems typically what happens to young, promising English players who get or take the big move too soon.

Rodgers started the Stirling media frenzy by announcing he was signings immininently, then went public with his contract details saying it was fantastic for the boy, the bloke is a total moron.

I would have got shot of the bloke and his over inflated ego rather than give him more money he can waste on crap.

Wouldn't be so sure myself, isn't Sturridge out until November?

He'll probably be out as soon as he comes back too. I'd expect Origi to be ahead of Ings in the pecking order, and to be honest I'd expect Rogers to get a marquee striker too even if Origi is not. I don't believe he will go into such a seminal season for him (and the board for Liverpool) with the strikers he currently has at his disposal.

Mostly it wouldn't make sense for the board to allow him too. There are enough managers out there that they could replace Rogers with if he didn't have their backing at this point. So I don't think they'd set him up for a failure by not getting another in.

Personally depending on Sterling I think they could do a lot worse than Podolski. He might not get you 20 but they should have enough goals around the team, plus he's a menace that creates goals with space he creates and direct assists. If Sterling goes then I'd expect them to hit Benteke's buyout fee, or someone else of that ilk. That's why I see Ings as lambert's replacement: and he got more games last year than Rogers wanted no doubt

He'll probably be out as soon as he comes back too. I'd expect Origi to be ahead of Ings in the pecking order, and to be honest I'd expect Rogers to get a marquee striker too even if Origi is not. I don't believe he will go into such a seminal season for him (and the board for Liverpool) with the strikers he currently has at his disposal.

Mostly it wouldn't make sense for the board to allow him too. There are enough managers out there that they could replace Rogers with if he didn't have their backing at this point. So I don't think they'd set him up for a failure by not getting another in.

Personally depending on Sterling I think they could do a lot worse than Podolski. He might not get you 20 but they should have enough goals around the team, plus he's a menace that creates goals with space he creates and direct assists. If Sterling goes then I'd expect them to hit Benteke's buyout fee, or someone else of that ilk. That's why I see Ings as lambert's replacement: and he got more games last year than Rogers wanted no doubt

He's going to have to off load at least 2 of Lambert, Balotelli and Borini if he's going to bring in a big signing I'd have thought. Don't know enough about Origi TBH, but from what I gather, he's hardly set the world alight recently.

Cant' see Benteke going there either, he's surely going to want Champions League football and I don't see him suiting Liverpools style of play.

Sterling will end up at Man City I reckon, they need to up their quota of English players.

Why should Sterling demand more/same money as Milner???

Milner has more caps, experience, honours etc...

but milners a catspiss chancer

Really not sure what a 'catspiss chancer' is, sounds like a racehorse or a Jesus and Mary Chain B-side?!

Anyhow, to me Milner is a model pro, knows his job, never moans publicly when he's just a squad player, never stains his reputation by giving the tabloids an excuse to talk about him (unlike Sterling), has had a good grounding playing for proper English clubs like Leeds (before they became a laughing stock), Newcastle and Aston Villa, knew his place at Man City but never let them down when they selected him and has now shown he just wants to play by moving to Liverpool.

To me he's a great English pro footballer

If you think Sterling deserves more adulation just crack on....

Really not sure what a 'catspiss chancer' is, sounds like a racehorse or a Jesus and Mary Chain B-side?!

Anyhow, to me Milner is a model pro, knows his job, never moans publicly when he's just a squad player, never stains his reputation by giving the tabloids an excuse to talk about him (unlike Sterling), has had a good grounding playing for proper English clubs like Leeds (before they became a laughing stock), Newcastle and Aston Villa, knew his place at Man City but never let them down when they selected him and has now shown he just wants to play by moving to Liverpool.

To me he's a great English pro footballer

If you think Sterling deserves more adulation just crack on....

You could still argue 120k per week for James Milner is pretty steep.

I seem to recall a MOTD stat about Burnley's goals per chance ratio and the upshot was that they were creating but not scoring and that was the problem, which would put a different perspective on it.

True but they wouldn't be creating more then Liverpool were,

Ings for me is a one in four player

Meaning he needs 4 chances to put one away,

The biggest advantage is he has time on his hand and with brendon Rogers he has a coach who is very good at improving young players

Give him a season and he will be twice the player he is today imo

For the record I hate Liverpool so it's no rose tinted glasses from me

Archived