IGNORED

Euro 2016

Andy082005

I see you can start applying for tickets for Euro 2016 as of now.

Many thinking of making the trip over? If so, what parts you heading?

Yes. I think like most I'm hoping England are based in the south. Paris, Lens, Lille don't really appeal.

Nice, Bordeaux, Marseille probably my preferences.

Last 3 tournaments we seem to have had terrible draws tho so fully expect us to be up in Lille and Paris where England's support can be contained more easily by the French plod.

so fully expect us to be up in Lille and Paris where England's support can be contained more easily by the French plod.

and also travel there easily on Eurostar with no need for an overnight stay.

Yes. I think like most I'm hoping England are based in the south. Paris, Lens, Lille don't really appeal.

Last 3 tournaments we seem to have had terrible draws tho so fully expect us to be up in Lille and Paris where England's support can be contained more easily by the French plod.

That would be my preference as well. Really don't want to end up with Paris for the group stages.

There is a few of us coming across from Victoria, Canada.

I am the only City Fan, the rest of Man Utd fans.  Shame really but they have put the miles in, cant really call them plastics, but I do!

We have rented a 13 bedroom house in Avigon south of France.  Slap bang in the middle of the Cotes du Rhone wine growing area.

Praying for an England draw in the south. Avigon is a good location for getting trains.

Not sure how long I will be out, but guessing around 10 odd days.  We have this place rented for 21 days. 

Fingers crossed for tickets now

Stevo

Quick question, anyone know if you're successful how payment is taken? The transaction is in euro's, so if they debit a card, how does that work? Will they automatically convert or will they reject the payment?

Quick question, anyone know if you're successful how payment is taken? The transaction is in euro's, so if they debit a card, how does that work? Will they automatically convert or will they reject the payment?

Automatic, but you will pay a fee for dealing in a foreign currency.

• Admin

Why on earth would you want to apply for tickets now and end up getting some dreadful games

Because by the time the draw is made the tickets for the Semi Finals & Final will already have been issued?

If I'm lucky enough to get my applied for tickets for any of these games I won't care if it ends up being Greece vs Switzerland, I'll be going for the occasion.

Obviously I hope it'll end up being England vs Wales mind. (We should have enough about us to dump them Welshies out).

I know it's not really an issue, but I will be watching Estonia v San Marino on Sunday, Eesti beat Finland 2 - 0 the other day in a friendly in Helsinki, so I am hoping they will put a few past SM,  although I won't hold my breath.  They have no chance of qualifying,  but I have tickets for all the Euro 16 Qualifiers,  as they were only sold in a block of 5 home games.

Archived