IGNORED

Scoreboard

RedM

Did anyone else miss the scoreboard not working today? I couldn't believe how often I looked at it! I think that's the 3rd time this season that it has failed or someone forgot to switch it on. Only a minor point I know but annoying all the same.

Also were any of the other teams results given out at HT or was it just the 'Pop Idol'? I want updates and news at HT not 'singers'.

I hope this isn't going to be classed as one of those 'pointless posts' being discussed in another thread at the moment. If I am boring anyone sorry but it has been a stressful day (rugby & City!)

:sport18:

Did anyone else miss the scoreboard not working today? I couldn't believe how often I looked at it! I think that's the 3rd time this season that it has failed or someone forgot to switch it on. Only a minor point I know but annoying all the same.

Also were any of the other teams results given out at HT or was it just the 'Pop Idol'? I want updates and news at HT not 'singers'.

I hope this isn't going to be classed as one of those 'pointless posts' being discussed in another thread at the moment. If I am boring anyone sorry but it has been a stressful day (rugby & City!)

:sport18:

True!! I was looking up every minute for the last 10!

As for the half time & full time scores I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a flutter on a Saturday and would appreciate at least the four english division's scores being given.

Edit - I'm not Sue.

I have posted this message on the Steve L forum ...

We have experienced problems with the scoreboard throughout this season - its performance has been very erratic to say the least.

The scoreboard is five years old and, despite one service already being carried out this season, the main circuit board has now died and is presently with an engineer who is repairing it for us.

Due to the age and make of the board - plus availability of spare parts - it was not possible to fix this problem in time for yesterday's match, but we aim to have it up and running in time for the FA Cup game in a fortnight's time.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused at yesterday's game.

In response to the half-time scores query, we keep a record of all half-times in the press box and ensure these are passed on to the relevant people. When the scoreboard is in operation these are displayed as soon as the players are back in the dressing room.

I don't think we can do anything about getting any naked women running about on the pitch though - especially with the temperature being as it was yesterday! :)

Ed Furniss

Media Editor

I have posted this message on the Steve L forum ...

We have experienced problems with the scoreboard throughout this season - its performance has been very erratic to say the least.

The scoreboard is five years old and, despite one service already being carried out this season, the main circuit board has now died and is presently with an engineer who is repairing it for us.

Due to the age and make of the board - plus availability of spare parts - it was not possible to fix this problem in time for yesterday's match, but we aim to have it up and running in time for the FA Cup game in a fortnight's time.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused at yesterday's game.

In response to the half-time scores query, we keep a record of all half-times in the press box and ensure these are passed on to the relevant people. When the scoreboard is in operation these are displayed as soon as the players are back in the dressing room.

I don't think we can do anything about getting any naked women running about on the pitch though - especially with the temperature being as it was yesterday! :clap:

Ed Furniss

Media Editor

Would it not be worth training the players to aim at the goal instead of hitting the scoreboard which may improve the performance of the board and the results of the team :)

Archived