IGNORED

Am I Being Unreasonable?

PWright

Just want people's opinion please....

• I ordered two season tickets for next season back in April
  • Booked to go to Portugal for the pre-season tour so decided to buy two shirts from the online Bristol Sport website
  • Sent Bristol Sport an email saying that I purchased 2 season tickets so was I entitled to the 10% discount for the shirts

The outcome;

• Bristol Sport saying that because I ordered early no discount or credit
  • Should have waited till shop was built before I ordered when I would have been awarded my discount

Now to me that is saying because I am being a loyal supporter and purchasing my season ticket and shirt early that I am being penalised. It isn't about the money for me (it's only a tenner or 3 pints!) it's more about the club not applying simple common sense to a loyal supporter.

Am I over analysing this or do people agree?

Not at all mate. A season ticket holder should be entitled to the discount no matter when or where you purchased it.

The fact the shop is closed is not your fault. The club are trading online. The club should honour the discount.

Not at all mate. A season ticket holder should be entitled to the discount no matter when or where you purchased it.

The fact the shop is closed is not your fault. The club are trading online. The club should honour the discount.

Spot on.

Seconded !

Like Harry said, you should've got the discount. Unfortunately despite excelling on the pitch, off of it the club are still learning the basics of customer service

Unfortunately they seem to have been "still learning" for a long time, and is something you'd like to see the "Bristol Sport" entity improving, at a rapid pace of knots

• Booked to go to Portugal for the pre-season tour so decided to buy two shirts from the online Bristol Sport website
  • Sent Bristol Sport an email saying that I purchased 2 season tickets so was I entitled to the 10% discount for the shirts

The outcome;

• Should have waited till shop was built before I ordered when I would have been awarded my discount

Now to me that is saying because I am being a loyal supporter and purchasing my season ticket and shirt early that I am being penalised. It isn't about the money for me (it's only a tenner or 3 pints!) it's more about the club not applying simple common sense to a loyal supporter.

Have you seen this earlier post?

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/170491-shop-discount/

Not overanalysing it at all. If I were you I'd go back and insist on the discount and then insist on a review right until it lands on someone's desk who isn't a complete moron and can take some bloody initiative.

I'm not sure really where the problem lies: are they really employing people just that thick, is there such a lack of empowerment that they are too scared to question procedure or raise queries when an anomaly arises, or really are those fronting the commercial side just complete and utter ..... who will try to bleed fans wherever possible?

I actually think it's a blend of 2 and 3.

--- If anyone is offended by me using moron I'm afraid if the label fits; and anyone refusing a discount in the circumstances desribed above is a moron at best.

I know. Why BS are apparently not be able to be criticised when they've been pretty crap in several fronts...

I've noticed several times now that whenever there is a PR gaff like this, people are quick to criticise Bristol Sport - as if this sort of thing never happened when it was just Bristol City FC.

There is no question the OP has been poorly treated in this instance, but it has nothing to do with the different organisational structure now in place - i.e. Bristol Sport. This sort of crap treatment could just as easily have happened before Bristol Sport existed, and indeed did many times. It's just a weak excuse to bash Bristol Sport.

The discount is one of the benefits of buying a season ticket, and presumably included when you purchased your ticket and therefore part of your contract with BS. I would certainly expect to get one. What I really don't understand is the lack of customer service from BS in this regard. A simple message on the web site saying that at the moment you need to 'phone to obtain the discount, would suffice.

The outcome;

We have a great new stadium to bring us into the 21st century but our shop and sales are still a total embarrassment , poorly run , very amateurish , when we went to wembley we had hardly any new souvenirs , always behind other teams , it needs to be sorted properly . To treat a loyal supporter in that way is a disgrace , the club should hang its head in shame !

I tried to buy a top today and was told the same, not very good really they have known for a long time the mega store was being knocked down, how difficult would it be to set up a temporary cabin?

Was told if i want discount from my season ticket i will have to wait until August or buy at the full price from the web site and pay delivery.

• Admin

Go back to them and suggest they honour the offer, otherwise you will left with no option but to report them to the ASA (Advertising Standards Agency). An offer is an offer, that they cannot pick and chose when to apply.

They'll claim the discount is for the 15/16 season though and that hasn't started yet.

Personally not spending anything at the club until I can visit and not pay delivery charges. They chose not to source an alternative shop location despite numerous local premises sitting empty so they clearly don't want my money anyway.

They'll claim the discount is for the 15/16 season though and that hasn't started yet.

Personally not spending anything at the club until I can visit and not pay delivery charges. They chose not to source an alternative shop location despite numerous local premises sitting empty so they clearly don't want my money anyway.

Think that's a bit of an overreaction. Hiring a premises is not likely to be a profitable option - I'm not sure what local premises you are referring to, but in the past even shops in prime locations in Broadmead have not proven successful. During the close season the demand is even less. Entirely understandable that the club have not committed to a loss-making enterprise in my opinion.

Paying a delivery charge is not unreasonable given that it saves you a trip to the stadium. You may be particularly local to the stadium, but for most people a few quid delivery charge is balanced out by not having to travel to the ground. It's not as though you'd be going there anyway at this time of year is it.

Hang on, that cant be right at all. You bought the ST and thats a benefit that comes with it, or am a wrong? Therefore it should be valid and you definately are right to not be happy with that. I'm sure the club will see sense though. Is this something that DL might be able to help sort out?

Think that's a bit of an overreaction. Hiring a premises is not likely to be a profitable option - I'm not sure what local premises you are referring to, but in the past even shops in prime locations in Broadmead have not proven successful. During the close season the demand is even less. Entirely understandable that the club have not committed to a loss-making enterprise in my opinion.

Paying a delivery charge is not unreasonable given that it saves you a trip to the stadium. You may be particularly local to the stadium, but for most people a few quid delivery charge is balanced out by not having to travel to the ground. It's not as though you'd be going there anyway at this time of year is it.

Surely they could have stuck a temporary cabin in the car park to sell jerseys and other big sellers? It's hard on people with kids who don't necessarily know what size they are and would want to try them on first. There are also several empty premises on beast st which I'm sure wouldn't have been too pricey on a three month lease. I wonder how many lost sales they'll have had by the time the new shop opens.

Realistically mate if the club has set guidelines they should stick to them but in the same instance ....

They should be using logic to process it....

It's like for instance if someone renews their weekly from Paddington -Didcot Parkway you should still upgrade them if they're sat in 1st for the day but because they've renewed it... You're more than happy to let it slide for the day....

Common sense needs to be applied into certain situations ... And that is in all aspects of life because as we are advancing in the technological world , people are beginning to forget the basics.........

Surely they could have stuck a temporary cabin in the car park to sell jerseys and other big sellers? It's hard on people with kids who don't necessarily know what size they are and would want to try them on first. There are also several empty premises on beast st which I'm sure wouldn't have been too pricey on a three month lease. I wonder how many lost sales they'll have had by the time the new shop opens.

They are only lost sales if those people don't subsequently buy one when the shop opens in August, or online. The vast majority will do one or the other. How many people won't buy one because they can't get it in June?

I have no idea where Beast Street is, but if the rent is low it'll be because it's not in a retail hotspot. And if it isn't, you're asking people to make a special trip when most will be happy to buy online. The economics just don't add up.

Archived