IGNORED

Am I Being Unreasonable?

PWright

Its hardly surprising - I remember when we had the called off cup game v Cardiff and there were loads of people milling around outside afterwards - what did we the commercially sound club do?

Close the club shop. Because obviously people might not have gone in there and bought anything would they....

We were - and are again now - a Championship team and a L2 club.

Its hardly surprising - I remember when we had the called off cup game v Cardiff and there were loads of people milling around outside afterwards - what did we the commercially sound club do?

Close the club shop. Because obviously people might not have gone in there and bought anything would they....

We were - and are again now - a Championship team and a L2 club.

A L2 club building a stadium fit for Premier League football with training facilities to match, yeah?

A L2 club building a stadium fit for Premier League football with training facilities to match, yeah?

You spend time going around the country and see how other clubs are run and then look at what we've put up with for the last 10+ years.

Tell me we've been a Championship standard club - I could do with a good laugh.

You spend time going around the country and see how other clubs are run and then look at what we've put up with for the last 10+ years.

Tell me we've been a Championship standard club - I could do with a good laugh.

We're not talking about the last 10 years - you said now. This club is quite clearly on an upward curve off the pitch at the moment, and there are plenty of championship clubs who would like to be in our shoes right now. In that context, to say we are a L2 club is nonsense.

If you're happy being part of the BS franchise then thats for you. Me, personally I am not.

But anyway.

Our club commercially is still pretty ordinary run in many aspects - the situation faced by the OP being one such one.

And thats all I will say further on this matter.

Thanks for all of your comments, I thought I might be overreacting because it isn't alot of money but for me it is more about the principle!

I have been emailing them today which is why I raised it. They simply cannot offer me the discount, they have offered to refund me the postage for the order which works out at under 5% of the total order (2 x shirts).

It's my first season ticket although attending 20+ home and away games this season and it just leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I appreciate your comments regarding the discount is applicable for 15/16 season however they were quick enough to take my money when I purchased in April. It just feels like sometimes by supporting the club early you get it thrown back in your face.

I'll reply to the email chain with BS and copy them this link to see what they say. I'll be back with an update...

It's like for instance if someone renews their weekly from Paddington -Didcot Parkway you should still upgrade them if they're sat in 1st for the day but because they've renewed it... You're more than happy to let it slide for the day....

This

• Admin

Think that's a bit of an overreaction. Hiring a premises is not likely to be a profitable option - I'm not sure what local premises you are referring to, but in the past even shops in prime locations in Broadmead have not proven successful. During the close season the demand is even less. Entirely understandable that the club have not committed to a loss-making enterprise in my opinion.

Paying a delivery charge is not unreasonable given that it saves you a trip to the stadium. You may be particularly local to the stadium, but for most people a few quid delivery charge is balanced out by not having to travel to the ground. It's not as though you'd be going there anyway at this time of year is it.

I don't think it's an over-reaction. They don't want to offer us the Season Ticket Holder's discount online and actually want us to pay extra for delivery even if we do live local (as I happen to do, hence the amount of pictures I provide of the stadium build). As their solution to this is to tell us to wait until August so we can a) get our rightful discount & b) not pay an extra surcharge that I ordinarily would not need to do, I will take them up on that offer. They clearly don't want my money & are happy to wait as that is their solution. I haven't said I won't spend money at all, just that I won't until they honour the benefits of my STH status rather than actually charging me extra.

Not unreasonable. Complain to them rather than on here and see what the outcome is. Up to you after that. It's not right but still only a tenner so don't let it get to the point where it's winding you up, just don't buy stuff next time if it still bothers you.

That is nothing.

Last weekend my washing machine broke spilling water all over my kitchen floor. Three tiles fell off my roof and my car failed it's MOT.

This was less than a week after my downstairs loo backed up dumping sewage all over my carpet. And when hanging a picture I hit my thumb with the hammer.

I too contacted the faceless Bristol Sport who fobbed me off claiming "this has nothing to do with us".

Astonishing arrogance and disregard of the customer. Farce.

If only we had a club rep on this forum who could help with this.......

I suspect that if we did have one then he would just get a load of mindless abuse and criticism from people to scared to come out from their keyboard, who never except his invitation to come and discuss their grievances in an adult manner, face to face.

If you're happy being part of the BS franchise then thats for you. Me, personally I am not.

But anyway.

Our club commercially is still pretty ordinary run in many aspects - the situation faced by the OP being one such one.

And thats all I will say further on this matter.

Jesus wept do you do anything other then moan about the club and Bristol sport?

The pro's far outweigh the cons and it will improve but it's a bit hard at the moment while we've only half a ******* ground and no shop

No over reacting at all. I am very principled and would fight this every step of the way. This is going to happen again and again and is simply not fair, right or just (I'm on a roll now).

My advice would be to tweet your complaint to every person connected to Bristol Sport and the club (ok you can leave Craig the groundsman out), email them too, but make sure you tweet. Tweets are visible to the world. This is how I managed to get some action regarding the clubs balls up of my season ticket renewal (they sold my seats to other people before the renewal date was up, this happened because they took old info of previous seats from a database that was at least 2 years out of date!).

I think it is commercial suicide (ok, that's a bit strong but as I said I'm on a roll) not to have an outlet to sell the new shirts. A gazebo and table in the carpark on a Saturday for example, at the fruit market, a stall in Broadmead, anything!!! The shirt is a walking advert for the club that people pay a decent amount of money for, yes people PAY to advertise the club. Absolutely senseless not to let people do that when in the past the club has paid for expensive (but nice) billboards.

Rant over.

No over reacting at all. I am very principled and would fight this every step of the way. This is going to happen again and again and is simply not fair, right or just (I'm on a roll now).

My advice would be to tweet your complaint to every person connected to Bristol Sport and the club (ok you can leave Craig the groundsman out), email them too, but make sure you tweet. Tweets are visible to the world. This is how I managed to get some action regarding the clubs balls up of my season ticket renewal (they sold my seats to other people before the renewal date was up, this happened because they took old info of previous seats from a database that was at least 2 years out of date!).

I think it is commercial suicide (ok, that's a bit strong but as I said I'm on a roll) not to have an outlet to sell the new shirts. A gazebo and table in the carpark on a Saturday for example, at the fruit market, a stall in Broadmead, anything!!! The shirt is a walking advert for the club that people pay a decent amount of money for, yes people PAY to advertise the club. Absolutely senseless not to let people do that when in the past the club has paid for expensive (but nice) billboards.

Rant over.

I agree the OP has been poorly treated.

But regarding the latter part of your post, there is an outlet - it's called the online store. A perfectly acceptable solution for a two month interim period until the new shop opens in August. I just don't see why that's such a problem.

I agree with the first part of your post - however the idea of a championship club selling kit from a market stall is just crazy. Maybe they should do door to door instead, or sell to motorists at traffic lights (maybe some sort of get your windows cleaned for free with every shirt).

Ultimately if a fan is planning to buy a shirt they will either buy online or wait until the store re-opens. I don't think that they are losing out on "advertising" at the moment.

Fair point. But there are market stalls, and market stalls. I was thinking more 'posh, temporary and serving a purpose' than the Gas Xmas grotto thing. What about offering free P&P for the couple of months there is no physical shop then, that's a compromise that's fair surely?

• Admin

But regarding the latter part of your post, there is an outlet - it's called the online store. A perfectly acceptable solution for a two month interim period until the new shop opens in August. I just don't see why that's such a problem.

Out of interest, how do you do your grocery shopping?

Online or at the shop? - but am sure you get my point

It's CLEARLY not an acceptable solution as not everyone has access online - and what about those that don't use a PC etc?

Just to shrug it off and say there is an online facility available is not making the product fully available and not to the widest possible market.

Somerset CCC are currently having their shop rebuilt, during the close season (and now) they set up a temporary shop in a portacabin.

When the fixtures get released tomorrow, people are going to start getting interested in tickets again - these are going to need to be sold from somewhere too. To me a temporary facility could have covered a number of issues

To be fair Red M above pretty much nails it

It's CLEARLY not an acceptable solution as not everyone has access online - and what about those that don't use a PC etc?

Just to shrug it off and say there is an online facility available is not making the product fully available and not to the widest possible market.

Somerset CCC are currently having their shop rebuilt, during the close season (and now) they set up a temporary shop in a portacabin.

When the fixtures get released tomorrow, people are going to start getting interested in tickets again - these are going to need to be sold from somewhere too. To me a temporary facility could have covered a number of issues

i do all my grocery shopping online to be fair

I'm sure you get my point though?

If I wanted to buy a new suit I wouldn't but it online

yeah i got your point, i have sympathy for the OP because things haven't been made clear enough (think i saw something about ordering on the phone and you can get the discount) and it needs to be made better. But at the same time I think a temporary outlet type thing is just going to lose the club money, even just over the summer, as most people will know what size they need for a football top so ordering online shouldnt be a problem

I'm sure you get my point though?

If I wanted to buy a new suit I wouldn't but it online

yeah i got your point, i have sympathy for the OP because things haven't been made clear enough (think i saw something about ordering on the phone and you can get the discount) and it needs to be made better. But at the same time I think a temporary outlet type thing is just going to lose the club money, even just over the summer, as most people will know what size they need for a football top so ordering online shouldnt be a problem

You'd be surprised...

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/170524-new-shirts/

Two months. TWO months. With a shop open when the season starts. Perspective.

Anyway I do my grocery shopping both online and in the shop, so I don't know what point that makes at all.

I agree the OP has been poorly treated.

You may be amazed to hear that a lot of people, even City fans, don't do online :o

Archived