IGNORED

Red Trousers....

Slippin cider

Wants the people of Bristol to fund his next mayoral election campaign by making donations....he's having a laugh!!! ...unless he can get re-elected on 13p :-))

Heard him on Radio Brizzle this morning talking about the potential new ice rink and how he thought of using Ashton Vale cheeky sod!

Absolute BELL END. The man has no conscience. His anti car policy has done nothing but caused congestion in this city. There can be No justification for continually closing the Portway so Idiots can dress up in silly clothes and run up and down or let cyclists (who spend all year terrorising pedestrians on the pavements)ride up and down it and stop thousands of people from getting to and from work and making them detour into Bristol and the stupid 20 mile per hour speed limits,again designed to cause congestion, so he can justify bringing in his congestion charge/tax. He objected to Sainsbury moving a couple of hundred yards down Winterstoke road to Ashton gate,claiming his priority was the competition to traders in North street,yet,HE moved into North in direct competition to those traders in North street,But when the coop moved into North street he did not object. Strange. Now he seems to be in favour of Sainsbury building on the Memorial ground in direct competition to traders on Glos RD. But having recently been pictured wearing Blue trousers at Wembley for the Pub league/van drivers play off its no wonder.

Go ask the same question here

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/170518-vote-for-bristol-surf-project/#entry2284975

Oh wait....the other threads not about your Lib Dem mate in a negative light.

So predictable.

Yeah that's right. He's my big mate, you utter nob-shiner.

I was questioning why we had such threats in this section and the same applies to something about "Bristol surf centre" which I hadn't bothered to read as it didn't seem interesting to me.

I was questioning why we had such threats in this section and the same applies to something about "Bristol surf centre" which I hadn't bothered to read as it didn't seem interesting to me.

Ohhhh nob shiner. I suspect that's an act you regularly engage in when thinking about your lib dem chum. Looks like you've let it slip out on here though. Oops.

Whack away robbo, whack away.

Ohhhh nob shiner. I suspect that's an act you regularly engage in when thinking about your lib dem chum. Looks like you've let it slip out on here though. Oops.

Whack away robbo, whack away.

You are beyond pathetic.

OP feel free to post about George Ferguson in non football thread. This is about the 20th thread we've had here about him and it's getting a bit tedious.

I feel unable to join in the general condemnation as - like Bra's Caught Red - I live outside Bristol. I happen to have the misfortune to live in a county ruled over by Tory twarts who employ some of the most expensive council officers in Britain then either let them wander off for three months or sack them after six.

http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/Absent-council-boss-cost-pound-115-000/story-20895896-detail/story.html

http://www.somersetcountygazette.co.uk/news/11543365.Peter_Lewis_sacked_as_Somerset_County_Council_s_director_of_children_s_services/

About 1% of the year.

Some of those idiots did it on behalf of Citys community trust and other charities.

Shocking.

There's very little justification for ever closing the Portway yet it's happening more and more frequently for ever more absurd reasons.

Plenty of other places these minority activities can take place without inconveniencing and aggravating thousands of motorists.

Ashton Court for instance.

There's no justification for closing the Portway and it's happening more and more frequently

And it makes no difference if City's Community trust are involved either.

Plenty of other places these minority activities can take place without without inconveniencing and aggravating thousands of motorists.

Been done for decades.

But don't let that get in the way of a good grudge.

Its a City for fit people as well.

Noted those in quarter shirts were on the other side of the Portway after the turn.

Always gave them some hearty encouragement to let them know they were following the reds .. Again.

Love it.

Heard him on Radio Brizzle this morning talking about the potential new ice rink and how he thought of using Ashton Vale cheeky sod!

Why the hell is he talking about an Ice Rink in South Glos? This ice rink will be open before we know it. In Bristol it takes 20 odd years of talking about something before it even gets to the planning stage. South Glos is fast over taking Bristol.

He's on target with the arena I think, green capital delivered and a lot of dft funding for improving cycle routes secured under his tenure, which will mean less cars on the road so the car dependent a amongst you should be pleased with that. Remember your not stuck in traffic, you are traffic.

The South Bristol link which I hope will open up land for development in south Bristol, what we've been crying out for for years, much to Crispin's and the other NIMBYs disappointment. The bus rapid transit and the metro rail project all making slow but steady progress under GF. Yes it's not the tram we all wanted but it's a start.

I live out of BCCs boundaries, just, but I'd probably vote for him if there was a mayoral race for the urban area. Depending on other candidates. In hindsight I also think he was right about City being better off in their spiritual home

...let cyclists (who spend all year terrorising pedestrians on the pavements)ride up and down it and stop thousands of people from getting to and from work...

So which is it? Are cyclist maiming pedestrians on the pavement or mincing around on the roads stopping decent Bristolian car drivers from getting to work? I'm confused.

I don't necessarily agree with the approach in terms of putting small disjointed sections of cycle paths in the city (I favour a more radical approach - Google 'Poynton regenerated'). But if every cyclist drove to work things would be much worse. I cycled before Red Trousers appeared on the scene and do did lots of others.

Why stop at cyclists? What about buses? They even have their own lanes robbing put upon drivers of space the paid their car tax for.

(Incidentally, like most cyclists I also own a car so pay for the upkeep of the roads).

It's well known that most cycle paths in and around Bristol were present before GF arrived. Sustrans helped provided them iirc. He lowered the speed limit to 20mph. Safer maybe but I've yet to meet anyone who sticks to it (GF broke the limit on the Portway which has a higher limit but I digress)... RPZs are seemingly good for Clifton but everywhere else are seen as another tax for the car owner. Make Sunday Special? Apart from the Park St waterslide, it's been wasted. Saw a pic yesterday of a small family having a picnic on the Portway. No one else in sight... The Arena at TM will still be at the planning stages for years to come regardless.

The only thing I agree on is South Bristol Link Road. I think this will improve traffic flow and should have been implemented years ago.

Georgie boy knows his days in office are numbered and he won't get another term. He'll get a few votes I don't doubt (bum licking the Gasheads will have an effect too) but he won't be Mayor come November.

Trying to avoid the politics-related slanging match, the difference between the two threads in my mind is that the Waverider thread is 100% clear on what the topic is about before you click on it (or not), whereas this one could potentially have a football link.....but technically you're right that neither belong here.

Trying to avoid the politics-related slanging match, the difference between the two threads in my mind is that the Waverider thread is 100% clear on what the topic is about before you click on it (or not), whereas this one could potentially have a football link.....but technically you're right that neither belong here.

Yep that's true.

Hope I don't sound like I'm dissing the plan. Bristol could use all the leisure facilities it can get.

You are beyond pathetic

OP feel free to post about George Ferguson in non football thread. This is about the 20th thread we've had here about him and it's getting a bit tedious.

I feel unable to join in the general condemnation as - like Bra's Caught Red - I live outside Bristol. I happen to have the misfortune to live in a county ruled over by Tory twarts who employ some of the most expensive council officers in Britain then either let them wander off for three months or sack them after six.

http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/Absent-council-boss-cost-pound-115-000/story-20895896-detail/story.html

http://www.somersetcountygazette.co.uk/news/11543365.Peter_Lewis_sacked_as_Somerset_County_Council_s_director_of_children_s_services/

Oh dear I've upset the pouty man child. But wait, the predictable nonsense continues, the standard anti Tory post no matter how unrelated.

But to draw this back on topic, and moving away from your favourite subject, yourself, the summers always had a a more relaxed posting policy. This isn't the BBC or North Korea.

It may not be a popular view but he has transcended party politics and actually got stuff done.

And do you know what? I think he'll win again.

Very few will actually get off their arse and vote, Bristol is a Labour City (tough if you don't like this but 3 out of its 4 MPs are, bucking the national trend) but they have chosen two candidates to select from, one of whom lost to him last time (!), the other with zero personality.

If he stays fit and well I reckon we are in for four more years of George.

Archived