IGNORED

Colombia V England - Womens World Cup

Red Skin

Really good game. Really enjoyed it. Imo they played much better than the mens team. That was a red card for the keeper all day long.

Think the ref realised the pen was harsh and was trying to compensate. I agree it was enjoyable.

England player with the mohican. Looked after possession, constantly brought team mates into play, played it very simple and quickly, impressive.

Lianne Sanderson you mean. She's the one who fell out seriously with the previous manager, refusing to play for England if Hope stayed in charge.

I'm not quite up to speed with the women's game so dont know why she didn't start.

I have been having a cheeky little watch of the women's world cup for all the wrong reasons,

I don't like Blatter, but I thought his advice on the shorts was good!

in saying that some of the goals scored have been absolutely cracking, the early games were nervy and mistakes and errors that would be an embarrassment on the Downs. but as its progressed there has been some good football played and the games are well worth a watch (even if the shorts are not tight enough :laugh:....)

Rubbish. The keeper clearly took the ball.

Taking the ball does not mean it cannot be a foul. Perfectly possible to touch the ball and still foul the player.

Having said that, in this case I'd say I probably agree with you, not sure it was a foul - but not simply because she took the ball.

I actually leaped up for that goal. Was a real world class goal.

In woman's football. A half decent keeper in men's would have saved it..

Delighted for the ladies, means the world to them. Unlike a few of the men's lot who look like they'd rather be at their villa in Florida..

Delighted for the ladies, means the world to them. Unlike a few of the men's lot who look like they'd rather be at their villa in Florida..

Maybe so. I never used to like womens football. Kept comparing it to mens football but I've got past that now and can enjoy it for what it is. Todays game was far more enjoyable than any of the recent England mens games. Much more passion too. One thing is for sure. The quality I saw tonight was light years ahead of the quality seen down at the memorial.

Norway had control if the 1st half and I wasn't surprised to see them go ahead. They were far more organised but never really looked dangerous. In the sefond half England started to press higher up the pitch and chase down every ball. This forced Norway into mistakes and England took control of the game. The first goal was pretty decent too. Text book header into the bottom corner.

Really lookomg forward to the next game now. No idea how good Canada are tho?

Maybe so. I never used to like womens football. Kept comparing it to mens football but I've got past that now and can enjoy it for what it is. Todays game was far more enjoyable than any of the recent England mens games. Much more passion too. One thing is for sure. The quality I saw tonight was light years ahead of the quality seen down at the memorial.

Norway had control if the 1st half and I wasn't surprised to see them go ahead. They were far more organised but never really looked dangerous. In the sefond half England started to press higher up the pitch and chase down every ball. This forced Norway into mistakes and England took control of the game. The first goal was pretty decent too. Text book header into the bottom corner.

Really lookomg forward to the next game now. No idea how good Canada are tho?

And a large part of the success is down to former Bristol Acadamy boss Mark Sampson..

That's something that I think makes it good to watch; it was obvious from the way they applied themselves and celebrated that this was a huge game for them.

I can understand people's perspective on the relative quality; but give me players who are out there desperate to win against the sort of pointless shite that we saw in Dublin recently.

Will be staying up for the Canada game; they're a decent team, and with the home crowd behind them will be a test, but England certainly look up for it.

And a large part of the success is down to former Bristol Acadamy boss Mark Sampson..

So let's get this right.

The England keeper Bardsley tips a shot that is missing by 6 feet off for a corner, then England make a substitution before the corner is taken, then Norway score with a near post header.

I think he will be disappointed by that  (as we say in footballspeak)

But the 2nd half was good and our goals both well taken 

Archived