IGNORED

Pre-Season Portugal Tour

Redman91bcfc

I believe the reference was to the Villa game, which Vilal themselves announced as being cancelled yesterday morning, but as yet still no mention on any BCFC site.

A large number of supporters booked to fly over to Portugal for when the side were due to play the Villa game - after details of time / place etc were advertised by our club.

Indeed the reason could be that there is another fixture being lined up, but to have no reference to anything going on is not great from our club

I assume you're sure this wasn't sprung upon City by Villa without any prior knowledge...?

Will everyone shut up about bloody Willem II!! So fed up of hearing about them as soon as someone mentions friendlies or pre-season!

If you attended some of the previous poorly attended matches abroad you would understand why Willem II are a logical choice.

Ironically this now cancelled game was attracting a healthy following.

If you attended some of the previous poorly attended matches abroad you would understand why Willem II are a logical choice.

Ironically this now cancelled game was attracting a healthy following.

logical so that a small section of fans from both clubs can get pissed together? Shit reason for a club to have a friendly with a specific club tbh

Seems strange, Benfica anybody?

If my two teams play one another for the first and probably only time in my life it would be like a dream come true, unfortunately Benfica play Paris St. Germain in Toronto the day after the Villa match was meant to take place (Benfica's annual decamp to world cities with massive Portuguese communities). I'm sure we could find another Portuguese team but the quality does rather drop beyond the top 6 or 7 teams and we're at the wrong end of the country to find any decent local teams. I could have sworn Villa had already scheduled Braga during the trip, or was that another English team - someone was definitely playing them already.

300 is entirely unbelievable tbh.

I would think a few already on holiday would attend, but 300 paying holiday season fares for a kickabout ?

No, I wouldn't be miffed if it were cancelled for another team in a pre-season kickabout as the primary objective would be to have a good time and get some sun on me back.

300 is entirely believable from what I've been hearing.

300 is entirely believable from what I've been hearing.

I never really get this kind of statement.

Either you know 300 people who are going (doubtful) in which case it's likely that there will be many others going that you don't know, so 300 is an under estimation. Or you are completely picking a number out of the air, based on hearing about a few others who are going but have no idea whatsoever about the likely number who are going.

How could anyone have any idea when there are not even tickets for sale..?

300 is entirely unbelievable tbh.

I would think a few already on holiday would attend, but 300 paying holiday season fares for a kickabout ?

No, I wouldn't be miffed if it were cancelled for another team in a pre-season kickabout as the primary objective would be to have a good time and get some sun on me back.

Goes to show how out of touch you are I suppose. I'm guessing you don't know anyone going?

If memory serves me right we took around 300 to Latvia. I suppose that was 'entirely unbelievable' at the time too.

logical so that a small section of fans from both clubs can get pissed together? Shit reason for a club to have a friendly with a specific club tbh

As those who attended the last trip pointed out it was attended by oaps, and previous trips people have taken family.

I like the idea that has been mooted of having wider supporter groups involved and having tournaments for academy/trust/kids/local teams. Bristol Jfc's this year are visiting FC Venlo.

Friendlies and tours are always supported by small sections of fans. These sections of fans are still significant. There is clear and logical opportunity to increase engagement via more thoughtful planning of friendlies.

Goes to show how out of touch you are I suppose. I'm guessing you don't know anyone going?

If memory serves me right we took around 300 to Latvia. I suppose that was 'entirely unbelievable' at the time too.

300 didn't go to Latvia, but you are right about the increased numbers going to Portugal.

So to summarise, a lot of people are talking with great authority about how many people going when they don't have a clue.

Rinse and repeat, OTIB.

It is easy to have an idea because those who have attended previous tours are more or less the same groups. This core is attending with more friends and acquaintances.

Rinse and repeat, OTIB .. They barely have anything to do with OTIB to rinse and ahem repeat.

It is easy to have an idea because those who have attended previous tours are more or less the same groups. This core is attending with more friends and acquaintances.

Rinse and repeat, OTIB .. They barely have anything to do with OTIB to rinse and ahem repeat.

Even if some of the same people are going, without doing a straw poll of every City fan it could easily be wide of the mark.

I never really get this kind of statement.

Either you know 300 people who are going (doubtful) in which case it's likely that there will be many others going that you don't know, so 300 is an under estimation. Or you are completely picking a number out of the air, based on hearing about a few others who are going but have no idea whatsoever about the likely number who are going.

How could anyone have any idea when there are not even tickets for sale..?

What's not to get? All I've said was I find it entirely believable that 300 fans will travel to Portugal to watch city play villa (obviously that's changed now)

I'm not saying we will or won't take that number but it would not surprise me one bit.

Didn't seem that many last time City were in Portugal (playing in Spain).

Hardly surprising at one point the games were going to be behind closed doors.

Even if some of the same people are going, without doing a straw poll of every City fan it could easily be wide of the mark.

The fans who go on these trips like the one in post 34 are very very well known, and informed. These groups are attending and they will not be wide of any mark with their knowledge.knowledge backed by previous a lot of experience.

The fans who go on these trips like the one in post 34 are very very well known, and informed. These groups are attending and they will not be wide of any mark with their knowledge.knowledge backed by previous a lot of experience.

Knowledge would mean knowing how many people are going, which you don't. It's simple really.

• Admin

Knowledge would mean knowing how many people are going, which you don't. It's simple really.

Why not just accept that people will be attending this trip, am sure they can have a count when they are out there for you to claim that you were right or wrong about the numbers going.

Why not just accept that people will be attending this trip, am sure they can have a count when they are out there for you to claim that you were right or wrong about the numbers going.

Of course they will; I just hate the determination generally to bash the club based on assumptions (something you'd know plenty about).

Archived