IGNORED

Pre-Season Portugal Tour

Redman91bcfc

Knowledge would mean knowing how many people are going, which you don't. It's simple really.

Knowledge means having an understanding of something. Those who have attended tours previously, know those that do and are, will have more understanding than individuals who fall into categories of those who do not and maybe are not interested beyond being internet wum's.

• Admin

Of course they will; I just hate the determination generally to bash the club based on assumptions (something you'd know plenty about).

Ouch ! - Another day I'll let you back that statement up with where I turned out to be wrong !!

Not sure how this was any "bash the club", it was people merely pointing out that many people had arranged trips to Portugal to see City play.

It was irrelevant whether it was 1000 or 100. The frustration is that Villa have confirmed the fixture as being cancelled, SC Farense have confirmed they are now playing us  - yet nothing has been said on either issue by our club.

so now that you have just established to us that this core group will go regardless of which country we go to, can we stop wanking over Willem and crying when there isn't a friendly against them?

No, Willem would actually be a better test than the lot were suppose to play in Portugal!! Now got to go and carry on wanking!!

villa, the side we were supposed to play, would have been a much tougher test than willem

Yeah but my point is we're not playing them now, much tougher test than Willem? I wouldn't be sure about that, expect half there reserve team would play due to them having other games out there, so doubt villa would of been that competitive anyway!!

Yeah but my point is we're not playing them now, much tougher test than Willem? I wouldn't be sure about that, expect half there reserve team would play due to them having other games out there, so doubt villa would of been that competitive anyway!!

right, I forgot villas first team only play 1 friendly every season

Of course they will; I just hate the determination generally to bash the club based on assumptions (something you'd know plenty about).

Its not an assumption.

City announced they were playing Villa.

Fans booked flights out of Bristol on the orange bird.

Now City are not playing Villa.

And the chaps at BS - BCFC haven't been arsed enough to send out the call its been coated off because of them or other.

Its easy to knock. Made easy to mock, but at the end of the day people who shelled out money to watch City deserve better ... Again.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/update-for-portugal-tour-2505259.aspx

Considering this is nothing more than what the club could have said as soon as the issue was raised, BCFC (and more specifically our communications guy Adam Baker) really need to up its game and become more responsive. "We'll say something later" is not good enough when you come out with a holding statement like this a couple of days later.

I never really get this kind of statement.

Either you know 300 people who are going (doubtful) in which case it's likely that there will be many others going that you don't know, so 300 is an under estimation. Or you are completely picking a number out of the air, based on hearing about a few others who are going but have no idea whatsoever about the likely number who are going.

How could anyone have any idea when there are not even tickets for sale..?

In fairness Rob, 300 is entirely believable.

I know that when announced, my social media was littered with people saying they'd booked up. I could quite honestly say that I could name probably 80-100 people whom I know who are going. Most of those are also booked with other friends or family whom I couldn't actually name, so I know that there are many more.

As said, I could actually name getting on for 100.

In fairness Rob, 300 is entirely believable.

I know that when announced, my social media was littered with people saying they'd booked up. I could quite honestly say that I could name probably 80-100 people whom I know who are going. Most of those are also booked with other friends or family whom I couldn't actually name, so I know that there are many more.

As said, I could actually name getting on for 100.

Go on then!

Knowledge would mean knowing how many people are going, which you don't. It's simple really.

But a fair assumption can be made.

I could name getting on for 100 people who I know are going.

There is a growing contingent of City who are following England (circa 40 in Slovenia last week, circa 70 in Estonia last Oct, circa 70 booked for Lithuania this Oct), and I know that most, nearly all, of those are booked for Portugal.

Sometimes, people on here do have a decent 'knowledge' of what's likely to happen based on prior experiences and friendships made via these trips.

So please believe folks when they say that 300 is entirely believable.

But a fair assumption can be made.

I could name getting on for 100 people who I know are going.

There is a growing contingent of City who are following England (circa 40 in Slovenia last week, circa 70 in Estonia last Oct, circa 70 booked for Lithuania this Oct), and I know that most, nearly all, of those are booked for Portugal.

Sometimes, people on here do have a decent 'knowledge' of what's likely to happen based on prior experiences and friendships made via these trips.

So please believe folks when they say that 300 is entirely believable.

Nope, sorry Harry but that is not 'knowledge'. The internet wum's that rarely attend games and could count the number of City fans they know in real life on one hand know better!

this "significant number" is by far a minority- I would wager that if a poll of all City fans worldwide was taken, less than half would know specifically about any links between the fan bases of the two clubs, and much less would be a part of that number itself.

Not sure if you are interpreting things wrong here, perhaps i could be clearer, but in terms of the actual playing side and things such as coaches, training, scouting, etc. between the two clubs ;there is no link, that is what i was saying was imaginary. which is not what a post earlier in the thread suggested

Your posts include references to "we", "us" and "the club". There is nothing to misinterpret. Those references have to include fans, all of them minorities or not. If your view differs, you may want to re-examine what your notion of a FC is.

Back on topic.

Those fans who have paid for flights and accommodation in Portugal have been let down. Real clubs don't forget why they exist!

Seems pretty simple enough to understand sixtyseconds.

I'm not sure about that. Consider our perception of time. It has long been recognized that physical time is very different than the time of our experience. In phenomenal time there is a past, present, and future, and we have the experience of our self as flowing through time, from past, through present, towards the future. In physics there is no such distinction, any instant of time can be set arbitrarily as the origin t = 0, but in fact that particular moment in time is no different in principle than any other moment in past or future. In physics, time is a dimension, much like space, and in modern physics space and time are combined in the notion of spacetime.

Let us suppose, hypothetically speaking, that physics is right, and that there is no flow of time, every moment is like every other. We can imagine a series of events as a length of a movie strip, whose individual frames can be viewed in succession through a movie projector, but that the succession is actually illusory, and that real time underlying the illusion is the movie strip itself, as if laid out on a table, with past towards the left and future towards the right. This results in a deterministic view of reality in which the final outcome is predetermined, and there is no longer anything like "free will" as we normally conceive it. And yet the characters recorded in the movie strip behave exactly as if they do have free will. At one point one character decides to take this action instead of that, and every time we go back to that point in the movie we see that same character exercising his free will again by making the same choice. The free choice is frozen in time when viewed externally, outside of time, but to the character there is nevertheless a free choice that he experiences as occurring at that point in time, as when viewing the film strip in sequence through a projector. Every frame in the movie sequence is perceived as the present moment, framed between leftward past and rightward future events, and yet as in physics, this perception is illusory, because in fact every instant is equal to every other, the past and future directions being merely relative.

I'm not sure about that. Consider our perception of time. It has long been recognized that physical time is very different than the time of our experience. In phenomenal time there is a past, present, and future, and we have the experience of our self as flowing through time, from past, through present, towards the future. In physics there is no such distinction, any instant of time can be set arbitrarily as the origin t = 0, but in fact that particular moment in time is no different in principle than any other moment in past or future. In physics, time is a dimension, much like space, and in modern physics space and time are combined in the notion of spacetime.

Let us suppose, hypothetically speaking, that physics is right, and that there is no flow of time, every moment is like every other. We can imagine a series of events as a length of a movie strip, whose individual frames can be viewed in succession through a movie projector, but that the succession is actually illusory, and that real time underlying the illusion is the movie strip itself, as if laid out on a table, with past towards the left and future towards the right. This results in a deterministic view of reality in which the final outcome is predetermined, and there is no longer anything like "free will" as we normally conceive it. And yet the characters recorded in the movie strip behave exactly as if they do have free will. At one point one character decides to take this action instead of that, and every time we go back to that point in the movie we see that same character exercising his free will again by making the same choice. The free choice is frozen in time when viewed externally, outside of time, but to the character there is nevertheless a free choice that he experiences as occurring at that point in time, as when viewing the film strip in sequence through a projector. Every frame in the movie sequence is perceived as the present moment, framed between leftward past and rightward future events, and yet as in physics, this perception is illusory, because in fact every instant is equal to every other, the past and future directions being merely relative.

Correct

So, hypothetically speaking, can we go back in time to Ashton Gate that night in 1976 and the moment the ball is going high into the Stoke box, and Cheese is jumping up for it, and change the decisions of both Shilton and Pejic to clatter into him and knacker his knee?

Or just make Cheese go against all his instincts and hang back and let them clatter into each other, then pick up the loose ball and ram it jubilantly high into the unprotected the Stoke net?

The careers of Shilton and Pejic (unfortunately) over in a tragic instant while rampaging Supercheese continues to take the First Division by storm, going on to net 25 goals before firing England to qualification, and ultimately victory, in WC '78.

With Ray Cashley also a World Cup winner, having replaced Shilton between the sticks, of course. ;)

Still a poor show from the club, they really shouldn't have announced anything until the 3 fixtures were sorted.

I would've went out on different dates to be able to see the Braga game.

Sadly the pre-season tour isn't for the fans its for the players to work on match fitness and get ready for the season, and reading the story for the clubs website it wasn't ours or villa's fault that the game is going ahead it's the local fuzz

Sadly the pre-season tour isn't for the fans its for the players to work on match fitness and get ready for the season, and reading the story for the clubs website it wasn't ours or villa's fault that the game is going ahead it's the local fuzz

Seem's odd that Villa can play Fulham but not us though.

Understand that, but if they knew there would be more than the one game why not wait to announce it until the fixtures were sorted.

Also, the Police part is quite strange considering Villa are playing Fulham the Saturday before in the same stadium with no problems.

Understand that, but if they knew there would be more than the one game why not wait to announce it until the fixtures were sorted.

Also, the Police part is quite strange considering Villa are playing Fulham the Saturday before in the same stadium with no problems.

Aye but those are two big clubs who have played in Europe something that would make money sadly we aren't so we get shafted

And the club might not of announced anything until they actually confirmed as villa had agreed they thought it was confirmed so announced it (bot clubs did)

Archived