IGNORED

Leicester Sack Pearson

MC RISK77

FYI....from what I've heard, Pearson is very well thought of at the club by everyone he works with.

The owners are typical foreign millionaires who treat the club as a toy.

Remember the "was he wasn't he sacking" a few months ago. Let's just say that was pretty nuts and there is a lot more to that then what come out in mainstream media

RT @WBAFCProgramme Nigel Pearson http://t.co/znW7ovAsMK

We're very lucky to have the owners we have they aren't the stereotypical foreign owners. They just let Pearson and his staff get on with his job and they keep in the background.

However, I'm not sure this is a good move but unfortunately we'd have to be witness to all the events to make a proper judgement if it was right or not.

There were probably things both sides could have done better.

Shocked, disappointed and reeling tonight.

Made three seemingly decent signed already this summer, the last only four days ago.

I could be wrong but I'm sure his son was out of contract at Leicester on July 31 anyway, so wont be to do with that.

He was out of contract but had been offerred one before the events.

It sounds like things were getting a bit twicky with the board and got worse because of how Pearson felt his son had been tweated. I imagine he was appalled by what happened but maybe thought he shouldn't have quite been sacked. Very protective of players, family, friends but like I said would I imagine have been appalled by their actions.

The owners are typical foreign millionaires who treat the club as a toy.

Couldn't be further from the truth. I'm not sure we could have better owners.

They have also made donations to Leicester and Leicestershire good causes including the Text Ellis campaign I don't know if anyone has heard about that?

It will have to be a big name then to appease those Foxes fans.

Sean Dyche would be a real marquee appointment?  :blink:

Or maybe it will be a rabbit out of the hat and Felix Magath; I hear he might be available.  :ph34r:

Or perhaps 'nearly man' Nigel Clough.  :facepalm:

You could always play it safe and have Vinnie Jones with Lawrie Sanchez as his assistant.  :shocking:  :punish:

The options are many, varied and wide.  :rolleyes:

Foxes fans this morning? :-  :gaah:

I care little for what anybody says but when you have a British owner you are much better off and when you have one like ours you count your lucky stars many times over.

Or maybe it will be a rabbit out of the hat and Felix Magath; I hear he might be available.  :ph34r:

You could always play it safe and have Vinnie Jones with Lawrie Sanchez as his assistant.  :shocking:  :punish:

I care little for what anybody says but when you have a British owner you are much better off and when you have one like ours you count your lucky stars many times over.

Oyston? Higgs?

Pearson is a nasty piece of work, the incident with that player on the touchline, and more, was enough to cement his fate. I was hoping really just because of him they would get relegated, and the fact they put in a amazing run in left me cold as I suspect many others too. 

Mind you we are not miles apart from the Leicester model as far as managers vs fruitcake scenario, but we have a different type of fruitcake down here, thank goodness.

Why wouldn't Dyche be a fantastic appointment for Leicester? He deserves another crack at the Prem, young English manager.....sadly, he's probably got no chance

FWIW - I like Pearson, like someone with a bit of fire in his belly

Why wouldn't Dyche be a fantastic appointment for Leicester? He deserves another crack at the Prem, young English manager.....sadly, he's probably got no chance

That'll be the liniment in the wrong place then!

Oyston? Higgs?

There will always be exceptions. And in all Carey fairness to the blue few placing Mr. Higgs in the same category as that odious man from Blackpool is in poor taste.

I was using the 'marquee signing' mantle to make a point in the context of how Leicester fans might, sarcastically, view the situation. Dyche would indeed not be a bad choice.. but that said I think they can do better and need to do better to appease a now rather angry fan base at what is, in my mind, a very late decision but the right one.

What one has to appreciate is that the now ex manager's son has brought huge shame on the club in the country where the owner comes from.. pretty inexcusable. They probably tried to reconcile it but i suspect they had a summer long discussion about it trying to appease all the stakeholders and finally they realised they couldn't making Pearson's position untenable. Why Cottee, who has previously struck me as an intelligent man, comes out with a statement saying he and Pearson are surprised by the decision is frankly laughable; dig a little, not much but a little, and you can fully understand this decision is entirely predictable.

I see Hiddink has left Holland. Thai money, big club with potential.... I don't think it's totally unthinkable. Perhaps their experience with Sven may put them off, but think he could be a very good appointment to get the club into the top 10 and challenging for Europa League.

There will always be exceptions. And in all Carey fairness to the blue few placing Mr. Higgs in the same category as that odious man from Blackpool is in poor taste.

I was using the 'marquee signing' mantle to make a point in the context of how Leicester fans might, sarcastically, view the situation. Dyche would indeed not be a bad choice.. but that said I think they can do better and need to do better to appease a now rather angry fan base at what is, in my mind, a very late decision but the right one.

What one has to appreciate is that the now ex manager's son has brought huge shame on the club in the country where the owner comes from.. pretty inexcusable. They probably tried to reconcile it but i suspect they had a summer long discussion about it trying to appease all the stakeholders and finally they realised they couldn't making Pearson's position untenable. Why Cottee, who has previously struck me as an intelligent man, comes out with a statement saying he and Pearson are surprised by the decision is frankly laughable; dig a little, not much but a little, and you can fully understand this decision is entirely predictable.

Got ya!

I'd be happy with that if I was a Leicester fan, or they will end up with some foreign manager, who will want a massive contract, and millions to spend as well....recipe for disaster

Let's try not to join the "put the boot into Nigel club"

This is the man who tells it how it is with stupid, vindictive reporters - also the man who saved Leicester City and it seems a big part of this was standing by his players when the the blood-sucking press were out to get them as well as him.

• Admin

From http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33339566

Nigel Pearson's sacking by Leicester was linked to his son's role in a racist sex tape in the owners' homeland of Thailand, the BBC has learned.

Pearson's son James was one of three trainees dismissed by the club for their involvement in the tape.

The issue was the final straw in the deteriorating relationship between the owners and Pearson.

BBC Sport's Pat Murphy has learned the 51-year-old's sacking was "definitely not a football issue".

Murphy said the Thai owners acted because they were concerned about damage to the club's reputation, while a Leicester statement said the relationship between Pearson and the board was "no longer viable".

Murphy added: "There is no doubt that the image and the reputation of the club in their homeland of Thailand has been damaged by the behaviour of, among others, the manager's son James on the 'goodwill' tour to Thailand."

Former Foxes striker Steve Claridge agreed Pearson's departure resulted from off-the-pitch issues.

"It's difficult to convince people this is for footballing reasons - he's never been as strong has he?" he told BBC Radio 5 live.

"Two or three occasions last season the owners would have been more than justified. We then lauded the fact that they stuck by their manager.

"The statement doesn't refer to the fact he was sacked for footballing reasons."

Pearson was involved in several high-profile incidents last term, including calling a journalist an "ostrich" and clashing with Crystal Palace's James McArthur, but ended the season in superb form as seven wins and a draw over their last nine games averted relegation from the Premier League.

Despite the success on the pitch, Murphy says the incident involving Pearson's son was "the straw that broke the camel's back" for the club's billionaire owners, father and son Vichai and Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha.

After the incident with McArthur in February, media reports suggested Pearson had lost his job, but the club issued a statement saying said the rumours were "inaccurate and without foundation".

With the club then bottom of the Premier League, Pearson said he "had conversations" about his job but would not reveal the details.

Writing before BBC Sport learned further details surrounding Pearson's departure, former Leicester and England striker Gary Lineker criticised the club over the decision.

"So, after not only getting LCFC promoted but pulling off the most miraculous escape in PL history, Pearson is sacked," Lineker said on his Breathesport blog. 

"Those who run football never cease to amaze with their stupidity."

The Match of the Day presenter also tweeted: "Can you kindly reinstate him like the last time you fired him?" referring to the confusion over Pearson's future that arose after the McCarthur incident.

Former Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher also weighed in, saying: "And people ask why the modern player chooses punditry."

Analysis: BBC Sport's Pat Murphy

"It's been obvious for some time that Pearson's relationship with the board had been tricky - for example was he sacked or not in February? But his performance in April and May, purely in football terms, was tremendous.

"But the personal baggage that he had accumulated during a challenging first season in the Premier League has to be assessed when the straw - named James Pearson - broke the camel's back.

"Religion is very important to the Srivaddhanaprabha family and observers have often see Buddhist monks in and around the players area after a home match - as guests of the owners.

"So clearly integrity and humility are important issues and that something like this happened on the 'goodwill tour' of their homeland would be very hard for them to accept.

"But fundamentally, should the sins of the son be visited on the father? In footballing terms this is very harsh on Pearson."

Persons position became untenable as soon as that thing in Thailand happened,

Their owners were Thai and the rep damage in the home country was becoming damaged and would effect their other business interests so we're left with no choice

Archived