IGNORED

What Is Steve Lansdown Thinking?

Fordy62

I suspect that the club has a list of potential signings that fit the Club's current needs.

Will they fit in with the type of squad that is already here and which was so successful last season? So no big time Charlie's like Trundle or Maynard. Level headed, like Willbraham, Bryan etc.

Are they in the right age bracket for the experience they bring and potential development? Around 22 to 26 years?

Are they better than what we have already? Will they improve enough if we do get promoted to the Prem?

Will their salary demands fit in with the rest of the players. That doesn't necessarily mean it could not be higher. As an example if we were able to sign Messi, it is probable that not one current player would care what his wages were. They would see that such a signing would help bring them all more success.

Burt together with SC, Dawe and Pelling, have probably been testing the water with clubs and agents for some time, if only to rule some out of the list.

They did a super job last summer, so we have to trust them to secure the best possible for City between now and the end of August.

I suspect that the club has a list of potential signings that fit the Club's current needs.

Will they fit in with the type of squad that is already here and which was so successful last season? So no big time Charlie's like Trundle or Maynard. Level headed, like Willbraham, Bryan etc.

Are they in the right age bracket for the experience they bring and potential development? Around 22 to 26 years?

Are they better than what we have already?

Burt together with SC, Dawe and Pelling, have probably been testing the water with clubs and agents for some time, if only to rule some out of the list.

They did a super job last summer, so we have to trust them to secure the best possible for City between now and the end of August.

Go on! admit it! You've been reading earlier posts on this thread..

• Admin

Ha - got me there Robbo!

My 12 & 9 year olds call a 'film' a 'movie' as well.....I'm going to leave this now, gets me!

I do that. Drives my missus up the wall. Makes me do it all the more. I'm such a great person. :D

• Admin

I think he's wondering how snow plough drivers get to work whilst also pondering why abbreviation is such a long word.....

a) They take the snow ploughs home with them.

b) So it can be abbreviated to abbrev.

Ugh - that word. It's a holiday, we are not American

People at work don't have holidays anymore, they have 'annual leave' - why use two words when we have one that already works

Bloody Yank talk

Don't even start me on "can I get ..." Instead of "please may I have ..."

"I suspect that the club has a list of potential signings that fit the Club's current needs." Personally I feel this comment deserves ' stating the bleeding obvious' comment of the year award.

Thank you Marina. Yes it does state the obvious. What I was trying to imply that the way that Burt and Cotterill operate, is much more methodical than many previous managers appeared to have been.

Lansdown is probably thinking compared to our previous managers Cotts is tight bugger.Only manager we've had whose made more than we've spent. Even though we bought the league apparently? IN COTTS WE TRUST.

One called Cooper done it years ago.

Terry cooper needs to be acknowledged in this new bristol city era.His contribution to BCFC is often under appreciated today.We really are very lucky to have steve lansdown leading us into a new era.Terry cooper could only dream of having someone like lansdown at the helm.Hopefully the club will acknowledge TC as true city legend in some way.

a) They take the snow ploughs home with them.

b) So it can be abbreviated to abbrev.

Great that you felt the need to reply!!!

Ok then;

Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?

Why are they called 'apartments' when they're all together?

Why is it called 'rush hour' when you hardly move?

Archived