IGNORED

Freeman

Vincent Vega

Our last 'fat' player left so now we need a new one to lay into, god this club - ******* hate it sometimes

A few years back now but the last truly fatty we had on our books who was also a valuable squad player, and I am happy to be corrected, was Peter Beadle. I used to get the impression a fair few defences let him roam a little too much in and around their boxes because they thought he would suddenly pull up with a stitch or fall over his imbalanced stomach bulge. Of course whether they did or not remains to be seen; he could possibly have simply been a swift amongst the defending crows while resembling a pigeon luring them into a false sense of security before punishing them.

I wish Beadle well this season as he embarks and attempts the phoenix like rise of Hereford FC (nee' United)

In short, if Freeman is on the pitch then in Cotts we trust.

I am sure Bat Fastard will have something to say about all of this though; I certainly hope because from time to time he reminds us that he is well qualified. 

Our last 'fat' player left so now we need a new one to lay into, god this club - ******* hate it sometimes

Show me one post on this thread where anyone has "laid into" Freeman. I was at the game last night and he did appear to have gained a few pounds. It's an observation that a few of us have made, and a reasonable topic of conversation. Get over it.

A few years back now but the last truly fatty we had on our books who was also a valuable squad player, and I am happy to be corrected, was Peter Beadle. I used to get the impression a fair few defences let him roam a little too much in and around their boxes because they thought he would suddenly pull up with a stitch or fall over his imbalanced stomach bulge. Of course whether they did or not remains to be seen; he could possibly have simply been a swift amongst the defending crows while resembling a pigeon luring them into a false sense of security before punishing them.

I wish Beadle well this season as he embarks and attempts the phoenix like rise of Hereford FC (nee' United)

In short, if Freeman is on the pitch then in Cotts we trust.

I am sure Bat Fastard will have something to say about all of this though; I certainly hope because from time to time he reminds us that he is well qualified. 

I hope that Luke is not reading all this guff.  By the start of the season he will be in perfect nick and he is not even an embryo in the FatBastard look alike contest.  Give them two fingers Luke and load another pie!!

Why is our best player being berated? Do you want him out of the club? Ffs, we have a quality player and for some mad reason, people want to find negatives that don't exist

Yeah, a bit of light-hearted ribbing on an Internet forum is going to cause him to want to leave...

Jesus wept.

I hope that Luke is not reading all this guff.  By the start of the season he will be in perfect nick and he is not even an embryo in the FatBastard look alike contest.  Give them two fingers Luke and load another pie!!

Think you take this forum a bit too seriously fella  :laughcont:

Because Freeman isn't fat, as the title "Fatty Freeman" suggests.

delude

d??l(j)u?d/

verb

past tense: deluded; past participle: deluded

The title was simply to suggest that Freeman may have gained a few pounds, as it certainly did appear to me and others who were at the game.

Deluded isn't a word I would use to describe the situation, and neither do I see anyone "laying into him" as others have suggested.

I've just seen a load of photos from last nights game and Freeman doesn't look overweight at all..?

I'd like to guess that in a beep test freeman could take everyone criticising his size one after the other and still annihilate them. We need a signing, this preseason has been dull and leads to threads like these.

Someone load up some pics from last night of him (i don't know how to) to end this rediculous thread.

Why is it ridiculous?  A few people who were at the game have noted he appeared to have gained a few pounds - what's wrong with that?  If more than one person notices it, that does suggest there is some truth - even if it just the new kit giving him that appearance.  I don't see anyone claiming he's suddenly turned into John Daly.

Why is it ridiculous? A few people who were at the game have noted he appeared to have gained a few pounds - what's wrong with that? If more than one person notices it, that does suggest there is some truth - even if it just the new kit giving him that appearance. I don't see anyone claiming he's suddenly turned into John Daly.

There is no truth in it though is there. It is not truthful to say Freeman is fat nor is it right to call him fatty.

Just because you and a couple of others think he's 'fatty' that doesn't make you right.

I'd like to guess that in a beep test freeman could take everyone criticising his size one after the other and still annihilate them. We need a signing, this preseason has been dull and leads to threads like these.

I haven't been to preseason at all so can't comment - but whether your average Joe in the forum could compete against a professional athlete in a bleep test is irrelevant!

There is no truth in it though is there. It is not truthful to say Freeman is fat nor is it right to call him fatty.

Just because you and a couple of others think he's 'fatty' that doesn't make you right.

At what point did I say I thought he was 'fatty'?  I don't for one second think he is fat, but that doesn't mean he hasn't perhaps gained a few pounds.  Multiple people have noted the same thing.  All I have said is that he appeared to my eyes to have gained a few pounds - that does not necessarily mean that he has - as I already said it may just be the kit giving that appearance.

Seems like you and others are over-reacting to a simple observation; like I said, no-one is claiming he's John Daly.

If I knew how to put photos on here I would put one of me on here! So for everyone's sake it's a good job I can't because I'm a fatty and always have been. Luke Freeman isn't and people like me can only dream to have a body like him or any other professional footballer for that matter.

Archived