IGNORED

49M Sterling! The Dominoes Will Start To Fall!

REDOXO

It seems a deal has been agreed between Man City and Liverpool.

Quite apart from the idea that Liverpool could bid for Bolaise (and Palace bid for AA), it normally takes one big transfer for the money to be loosened as the trickle takes effect.

I suspect things starting to hot up on the transfer market...If not here!! :laugh:!

As other mentioned Yannick Bolasie will be his top value now. I don't think Pardew will look so stupid with his estimations.

Seems to me entirely possible this move funded Palace's Cabaye ie the dominoes fell before this deal.

Maybe that explains why we haven't signed anyone, they are waiting for the sell on clause windfall.

The Championship's FFP rules work on a broadly similar concept to UEFA's (with owner injected equity excluded from Break Even).

In other words SL can put money into buying a player...it is the wages that will come out of money made by the Club. We are also allowed to make up to an 8 million running loss in the Championship.

So, if SL wants he can buy a player for any amount and take the loss, it's more complicated than that, but that's the gist...it's just wages that are the problem.

Also...our own John Pelling was involved in writing the FFP rules, so we will know how to 'play the game' so to speak.

Don't worry about sell on clauses that much.

I cannot understand why man city would want to sign a player who thinks nothing of throwing his toys so spectacularly out of the pram to get his own way...?!

And at this level of money - staggering.

And since there are many much larger clubs in europe, surely sterling would think nothing of performing the same conniving tricks to engineer a move to one of them - assuming of course that he improves as a player with city. Which of course is a stretch of the imagination!

Ah yes - very true, good point

Just think man city want their heads testing for signing someone with this attitude towards the club paying his wages...only a matter of time before city are on the receiving end...

Bet they aren't - the only way for him from this is down.

Archived