IGNORED

49M Sterling! The Dominoes Will Start To Fall!

REDOXO

If you take it for what it is:  employee decides he does not want to continue his job at his employer, successfully gets a recruitment consultant to find him a much better paying job at a competitor, where the new employer does not care about references concerning prior workplace behaviour, it suddenly becomes a much less sensational story.

He still had 2 years left on his contract, that's put 30 million on his fee,

He will be like Sinclair and Rodwell and completely flop

He's got much more potential than either of those players. I don't think he/his advisors have conducted themselves well but I hope it works out for him. He's put a lot of pressure on himself now.

He's got much more potential than either of those players. I don't think he/his advisors have conducted themselves well but I hope it works out for him. He's put a lot of pressure on himself now.

I don't think he has, reminds me of pennant in his arsenal days plenty of pace and on his day good but just not consistent enough, he doesn't have much of an end product and is motivated by money,

He should of stayed with Liverpool for the remainder of his contract because he would of played week in week out there,

He won't at citeh

I don't think he has, reminds me of pennant in his arsenal days plenty of pace and on his day good but just not consistent enough, he doesn't have much of an end product and is motivated by money,

He should of stayed with Liverpool for the remainder of his contract because he would of played week in week out there,

He won't at citeh

Yes definitely should have stayed there, but he's much better than Scott Sinclair!

Yes definitely should have stayed there, but he's much better than Scott Sinclair!

Oh I agree he is better then Sinclair but just using him as an example as to why a big move isn't always for the best especially at his age,

Raheem's mum is out in force.

Yes Liverpool did not act admirably in the way they publicised their offers etc but that in no way justifies his actions since. The child threw his toys out of the pram and showed complete and utter disrespect to the fans and the club, even to the point of calling in sick and asking to be pulled from a tour which he is paid to be available for.

I'm no more impressed by his attitude and conduct than I am, say, Ravel Morrison.

You are just going by whats reported in the papers! Maybe he knew the deal would be completed by the time Liverpool went on tour and wanted to get going with City rather then being on tour with a club he doesnt play for? The fact is nobody knows what his attitude is like, everybody is just going by what the press release and as per usual they like to slate the up and coming England players as much as possible.

You are just going by whats reported in the papers! Maybe he knew the deal would be completed by the time Liverpool went on tour and wanted to get going with City rather then being on tour with a club he doesnt play for? The fact is nobody knows what his attitude is like, everybody is just going by what the press release and as per usual they like to slate the up and coming England players as much as possible.

It's also been played infront of the cameras with his former captain throwing criticism his way, that pretty much proves he has a big time Charlie attitude

Total irrelevance he doesn't want to play for them. He's told them but he signed a contract committing to them for x years and (unlike Sainsburys) had no right to terminate. Therefore he should honour his contract and not ask to not be selected nor call in sick. If he's ill, in the circumstances, he should've got signed off by the club doctor to not have his integrity questioned

What people are forgetting or don't know about Sterling, is that his Agent is going it alone, after working for a high profile sports management company.

He is the one who has made problems for Sterling, by trying to get Liverpool to match Sterlings wages with that of Sturridge. 

This Agent has fallen out with Rodgers over contract dealing. He's tried to do the best for Sterling, but by making things too public it's backfired.

Trying to impress players by showing how much he can get for them.

He will have gotten a better deal for Sterling at Man City, but done his public image no good at all.

The whole thing has been acted out like a Pantomime.

Sterling isn't the sharpest tool in the box, and seriously needs an Agent....but this time financially he may well be better off, but we will have to see regarding his playing future.

His position became untenable at Liverpool for a while....fans turned on him....pretty much the same way Fonts had to leave here with fans, and the reason Maynard could never return.

Total irrelevance he doesn't want to play for them. He's told them but he signed a contract committing to them for x years and (unlike Sainsburys) had no right to terminate. Therefore he should honour his contract and not ask to not be selected nor call in sick. If he's ill, in the circumstances, he should've got signed off by the club doctor to not have his integrity questioned

I understand where you're coming from but i dont think thats the same thing as "Throwing his toys out the pram"

What people are forgetting or don't know about Sterling, is that his Agent is going it alone, after working for a high profile sports management company.

He is the one who has made problems for Sterling, by trying to get Liverpool to match Sterlings wages with that of Sturridge. 

This Agent has fallen out with Rodgers over contract dealing. He's tried to do the best for Sterling, but by making things too public it's backfired.

Trying to impress players by showing how much he can get for them.

He will have gotten a better deal for Sterling at Man City, but done his public image no good at all.

The whole thing has been acted out like a Pantomime.

Sterling isn't the sharpest tool in the box, and seriously needs an Agent....but this time financially he may well be better off, but we will have to see regarding his playing future.

His position became untenable at Liverpool for a while....fans turned on him....pretty much the same way Fonts had to leave here with fans, and the reason Maynard could never return.

Ultimately Sterling will end up with what he wants, but probably isn't mature enough to realise the cost.

He's at the start of what should be a great career, as he could go on to win major silverware with Man City and also have a long career with England. However, at this moment in time just about every football fan regards him as a spoilt, self centred, overvalued brat. I doubt that Sterling is any of those things, other than being ambitious to achieve the very best for himself and realising that his best chance of doing so probably lies away from Anfield.

Unfortunately Sterling, at the very time he  needs an agent to properly look after his interests, has saddled himself with an agent who appears to have done everything possible to paint his client in the worst light possible. As I commented in another post, Berahino at West Brom was using Sterling's agent but has ditched him after seeing the way he has carried on over Sterling's move - that speaks volumes.

For what it's worth, I suspect that early on Liverpool realised what they were up against - an agent determined to help his client get away from Anfield, no matter what Liverpool offered to keep him there. Accordingly, they then acted in the best interests of Liverpool FC and to get the best possible fee for their player. It's no good a club pussy footing around when an agent has the sort go agenda that Sterling's appears to have had for the last few months.

Archived