IGNORED

Champions Dvd (Merged)

Show Me The Money!

Games consoles?

I mean seriously, they aren't releasing it on VHS?! It's technology still widely available and still widely of use. Not as wide what with streaming, but it's not obsolete by any stretch at all. I wouldn't expect to be able to pick it up from any streaming website in any case. Someone else gets a cut then. Let the club flog it.

I've seen some weird things suggested on here, but remarking the remark about releasing a DVD is probably the weirdest.

I don't have a console either. I clearly am in the minority then.  But most of my friends don't have DVD players either.  The 2015 thing to do would be to have a release on Itunes or something as well. If you don't think thats normal you are living on a different planet to me! :sad26:

No, you just pay a subscription then everything is on demand.  All you need is an internet connection. It doesn't have everything though so sometimes you have to be a bit creative to find other methods of getting what you want ;)

Same idea for music, I don't have any CD's anymore becasue i use Spotify. Its so much better.

Yes it's better. Until they remove the titles you love and you can't watch/listen to them any more....

I agree with you that there should be a release on Itunes, but many people (myself included) will want to have a physical copy as a memento. If you aren't interested in having a physical copy I imagine the majority of the footage and interviews are on Youtube anyway.

I don't have a console either. I clearly am in the minority then. But most of my friends don't have DVD players either. The 2015 thing to do would be to have a release on Itunes or something as well. If you don't think thats normal you are living on a different planet to me! :sad26:

Collis, you need to appreciate that people do live in different planets when it comes to technology. Streaming is still relatively new technology. Obviously you and your friends are fairly early adopters. Others will start streaming when it becomes the norm (my parents). Others will adopt it only when their VHS player gives up and they have no other option (my grandparents).

In 2015, the easiest way to reach the majority of the fan base is still to release the product on DVD.

However playing devils advocate, if we would have crashed and burned (like Swindle) nobody would want a dvd/blu ray/vhs/betamax, or even want to stream it (for those that have no way of playing a dvd).....

Can't please everybody I guess.

What about all the people who haven't had a DVD player since 2004..?

Ha, my comment has really bothered you hasn't it? I have honestly not needed to use a DVD player in yonks.  Unless you have already built up a massive collection of DVD's I think they are unnecessary.

In the same way I found it really odd that you could buy new release cassettes in New Zealand in 2006!

• Admin

It isn't mentioned but assume that the disk will also include the open top bus parade and speaches etc ?

PRE ORDER. Orders placed will not be dispatched until the arrival of the DVD's in 2 weeks time (Expected arrival date 13th July) This double disc Champions DVD is the ultimate memento from Bristol City's 2014/15 double-winning campaign. The first disc includes every goal and highlights from each of the club's 58 matches played in 2014/15, which saw them clinch the Sky Bet League One crown with 99 points and lift the Johnstone's Paint Trophy at Wembley. The second disc features extended highlights from five of the club's best performances and results in an already memorable campaign. It includes highlights from Peterborough United (A), Walsall (JPT), Swindon Town (H), Bradford City (A), Walsall (H).

Archived