IGNORED

Champions Dvd (Merged)

Show Me The Money!

Ordered mine but I wish that they would do a DVD of every season,even the bad ones, so that we can look back on the years without tinted glasses.

That would help the older and more memory troubled among us.  

Joking aside , this would surely be easy to do. They would probably be able to access the goals/highlights from a fair way back and with today's technology be able to do the CD's and artwork on a year by year basis on demand.   

The way they describe it, it sounds like everything is already on youtube, so will wait on the verdict of people who buy it straight away.

Same here, if it is purely just the YouTube highlights then it's a little pointless overall. If it's a proper production then I'll go for it.

• Admin

Does anyone have any idea when this will be dispatched? I ordered it as a birthday present for someone whose birthday is next week and the email confirmation doesn't look too special.

Have merged this with previous topic.

Despatch was today at earliest

It's taken so long to put together in the 1st place, then over three weeks ago they were being "burnt" I can't understand what's taking so long. I assumed they were waiting for SC to get back off his hols for an exclusive interview (as they did with GJ with the previous promotion DVD) but I don't believe that is the case..

Like someone said before, they would have probably sold a lot more copies if they had released it when everyone was bored in the summer. With the players back playing friendlies I can see the same net rest waining for some.

The Bristol Sport Megastore would like to advise supporters who pre-ordered the Champions! DVD that there has been a small delay in production.

Originally due to arrive in store this week in order to be posted out, our suppliers have advised us duplication is taking slightly longer than expected. 

In order to ensure the product is of the highest quality, this small delay is necessary. 

The DVDs are due to be in before the end of July and we will advise everyone who has pre-ordered when they are being shipped. 

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. 

It's gonna pretty much be the new season by the time it arrives. Poor show.

I'd be surprised if it was a 'decision'.

Production, as mentioned by others beforehand, could have been started being compiled before way it actually was. We had won the JPT by end of March and had petty much wrapped up title by mid April - the fact it won't be out until August could have been prevented. They could have been working on getting footage all up together long before they did, they would have had lots of it seeing as content is uploaded to youtube and city player. The slight delay at this point couldn't be helped, my point being if wheels were in motion sooner, It would have been out at a time where more people would have been interested - focus is now moving to Aug 8th

I have it on good authority that the reason for the delay is the production of the VHS and Betamax versions. They're having trouble finding a betamax machine that isn't in pieces, and don't want to release one format before all are ready.

Production, as mentioned by others beforehand, could have been started being compiled before way it actually was. We had won the JPT by end of March and had petty much wrapped up title by mid April - the fact it won't be out until August could have been prevented. They could have been working on getting footage all up together long before they did, they would have had lots of it seeing as content is uploaded to youtube and city player. The slight delay at this point couldn't be helped, my point being if wheels were in motion sooner, It would have been out at a time where more people would have been interested - focus is now moving to Aug 8th

tbh I can't really see what difference it really makes. Due to the lack of a club shop it was only promoted via email and on the website- It's not like there was a passing trade they were missing out on.

Anyway you never know- they might have had the majority of the footage ready before the end of the season, there could be other reasons why it wasn't ready earlier (not that I'm saying there is, just there might be).

The match footage at least would already be in place from the extendeds on Player, can only assume there's something else which led to this.

New Zealand. Might get my copy before the season starts then...

That would explain the price of postage then  :P

Seriously though, i never knew there was an option to pick up so payed the extra for delivery and now get it later than those picking it up (which i'd have been happy to do)  :unsure:

That would explain the price of postage then  :P

Seriously though, i never knew there was an option to pick up so payed the extra for delivery and now get it later than those picking it up (which i'd have been happy to do)  :unsure:

I just selected collection when I ordered it. It was an option. I wasn't sure if it would work due to the building works but it appears it has :)

Assumed that was an error on the shop site as the book and shirt i ordered previously had no such option.

I've collected the promotion diary and his seasons shirt since they pulled the shop down, very easy just in an office not the shop.

Are these DVDs being produced in a limited run?

I'm hoping the family will get me one for Christmas; should they apply now, or is it already too late?

Probably like the original purple and green (it's clearly not lime) from last season - pre-order to guarantee yours, but expect that there will be quite a few go on general sale (especially with the opening of the new shop).

Also on the subject of the shop, just read on another thread that it's opening today - suddenly a load of dvds arrive in time for shop opening? Coincidence?

Archived