IGNORED

Patrick Mcclean

Fordy62

McLean is one for the u-21's (and at 20k its only a small gamble), I would expect another centre back to be high on the list.

I don't think we've heard the last of maguire to be honest p, but hull may well be waiting on a player themselves

Telephone rings ;

" Steve , it's Keith here , listen we need to sign someone or OTIB's gonna blow ? i cannae hold her much longer "

Lansdown fumbles about in his jacket pocket ,

" i've got 20 grand here , sign that Irish lad ,that'll calm them down a bit whilst we tie up the others "

It could have happened like that .

Anyone see what his brother did yesterday?

Yeah, turned his back on the national anthem, and he's got history of refusing to wear a poppy. Personally I won't be happy if this lad does the same, I appreciate that the British Army is a sensitive subject with the Irish, but the poppy is a symbol of respect for people who gave their life's for our freedom, freedom that Mr McClean is enjoying in this country. Perhaps if he's offended by our flag then he should live elsewhere.

Yeah, turned his back on the national anthem, and he's got history of refusing to wear a poppy. Personally I won't be happy if this lad does the same, I appreciate that the British Army is a sensitive subject with the Irish, but the poppy is a symbol of respect for people who gave their life's for our freedom, freedom that Mr McClean is enjoying in this country. Perhaps if he's offended by our flag then he should live elsewhere.

Without wishing to get into a debate on it particularly, you could then argue that McClean is exercising his right to free speech which was defended by military personnel.

Freedom of speech, unless you disagree with me...then get out!

berk

Freedom of speech, unless you disagree with me...then get out!

berk

Not quite, freedom of speech unless acting disrespectfully and in a manner likely to cause offence.

I can accept wishing to not wear the poppy. But turning your back on an anthem is not acceptable nor justifiable as exercising freedom of speech.

Not quite, freedom of speech unless acting disrespectfully and in a manner likely to cause offence.

I can accept wishing to not wear the poppy. But turning your back on an anthem is not acceptable nor justifiable as exercising freedom of speech.

Correct. The guy is an imbecile, plain and simple. Move on get over it and, most of all, grow up. 

If you turn your back on any national anthem representing the club or country you are playing for then you should NOT be playing for them. Deserves to be roundly booed and castigated and fined by his club.. hope he is but i doubt he will be.

Archived