IGNORED

40 Years Ago

Major Isewater

Your the ass saying 40 years ago we were promoted , we weren't !

Read the original post.

'The year 1975 , the club Bristol City , this me babbers was the season that saw us promoted as " Runners Up " to Sunderland for our first return to the top division for 65 years.'

This nah na na na nah nah shit is why sane people don't come on this forum...

We went up April 76...I know I was in the open end! The season started in 75!

Sunderland were 1st WBA 3rd. What else does anyone need........Let me know!! PM if necessary

;) 

Back to the Arse ..ooh er missus....

14 with a silk scarf round me wrist, 12" flares and baseball boots....several of us young'uns got chased around highbury flats after game...hiding behind low walls with residents opening their doors and giving us away...landon tom tits...

No mention of Pompey yet then?....now that was a night..sod your four seasons...packed out open end was where i chose to go..right where Whitehead smashed home the early winner

Could not resist seeing what real football was about Miah heh..?

70's Div 1 was a lot different to today's prem that's for sure....

My dad worked at Stoke Park and I used to  get it for free (at Eastville and Ashton)if I went with the patients :)

I used to go to City every other week, but always cheered on whoever they were playing :)

My dad worked at Stoke Park and I used to get it for free (at Eastville and Ashton)if I went with the patients :)

I used to go to City every other week, but always cheered on whoever they were playing :)

Ah....The big house on the hill....funny you should say that coz I recall a mates dad giving us a lift home to Yate one day after a game and as we drove up the M25 in his Ford Anglia my mate proudly proclaimed that "one day I will live in that big house dad"

As PC had not been invented yet his dad's reply was " that my son, is Stoke park lunatic asylum and if you ever support the Roverz I guarantee you will be living there"....

Your case appears to bring a slight ring of truth to his reply !

Ah....The big house on the hill....funny you should say that coz I recall a mates dad giving us a lift home to Yate one day after a game and as we drove up the M25 in his Ford Anglia my mate proudly proclaimed that "one day I will live in that big house dad"

As PC had not been invented yet his dad's reply was " that my son, is Stoke park lunatic asylum and if you ever support the Roverz I guarantee you will be living there"....

Your case appears to bring a slight ring of truth to his reply !

I think you mean the M32?

74 -75 season 4th, 5th & 6th in Div 2 were Sunderland, City & WBA.

75 -76 season 1st, 2nd & 3rd in Div 2 were Sunderland, City & WBA.

Surely that sequence was unique?

BTW; if it had been three points for a win back then, Bolton would have gone up, not City.

Archived