IGNORED

Stockhausen - "it's So Quiet On The Bristol City Beat"

ChippenhamRed

I can't believe for one minute cotterill even entered Leicester thinking!!

Yet Leicester then appointed someone who was sacked because he had just lost to the Faroe Islands, I expect on that basis we can deduce that he was at least considered.

But we've had a whole season to assess this squad - what will a few extra friendlys tell us that we don't already know?

You've answered a question with a question; I was making a suggestion, which I also elaborated on after it in the bit you didn't quote.

You seem to suggest that we should have been assessing the squad we had (note past tense, as this squad is different than the one we started with last year) in order to prepare for the forthcoming season - that is impossible; we had the job of winnin promotion to contened with first.

Plus, thing like Agard's injury, JET not re signing, Little being injured - all these factors are unique to our current situation, and will play some part in how we approach the market; our priorities may have shifted.

People are losing their minds over the fact that we've not bought everyone we want/need less that three weeks into the current transfer window, with a decent amount of time left to go; I'm not seeing the need for panic.

I har no doubts we'll have a very decent looking squad before Sheff Weds, and possibly even better looking after; I'm relaxed about it.

It's well known the type of players we are trying to sign and most of if not all will be under contract. It takes time and clubs will not do business until they are happy with the deal and have replacements lined up, add to that agreeing personal terms then it can take a long time to tine up deals. I wouldn't be surprised for the club to announce a raft of signings in the next 7-10 days with a couple of loans also at the end of August/early September.

Read Dougie Freedman's comments about his team in the transfer market then apply it to Bristol City. Not going to just spend money on whoever. Not going to sign someone who doesn't fit to appease the fans.

Slightly different situation as they have a bigger squad than ours but same philosophy. Rather be patient and get the quality on and off the pitch.

Don't panic..... City recruitment campaign video being filmed in Portugal as we speak..

Lyric rewrite and our cover version ready for multi league distribution sometime soon..

(just a rumour mind :))

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw

* ... IN THE CITY! ...* lyric suggestions for this City version welcome post here.

Should be popular and attract more potential young men than the club can handle

Well its an idea! ... innit? ... ;)

Think it's brilliant that SC and Burt have kept everything tight as a drum over the close season. A refreshing change from the days of City signing past-their-best strikers (partly to boost season ticket sales at the behest of the Club(?)), which has been shown to be a characteristic of City Managerment teams who do not have a plan.

It's also reassuring and amusing at the same time to finally find out that their aren't any members of the fanbase that are truly in the know about signings.

SC and KB will sort it lads. Burt in particular has said many times that they have a clear list of targets.

Monday Agard was broken

Tuesday I'd take Hope Apkan

Wednesday our empty squad was open

Thursday waiting for Bunn, waiting for Bunn

Freddie Sears said no on Friday

We'll have no one scoring like Flint on Saturday

Guess we won't be signing Simon Church on Sunday

We'll be waiting for Bunn, waiting for Bunn

To sign for Villa!!

• Admin

Think it's brilliant that SC and Burt have kept everything tight as a drum over the close season. A refreshing change from the days of City signing past-their-best strikers (partly to boost season ticket sales at the behest of the Club(?)), which has been shown to be a characteristic of City Managerment teams who do not have a plan.

It's also reassuring and amusing at the same time to finally find out that their aren't any members of the fanbase that are truly in the know about signings.

SC and KB will sort it lads. Burt in particular has said many times that they have a clear list of targets.

I also find it quite amusing that Stockhausen storms off on holiday in a bit of a sulk a day or two before news breaks of a possible major signing :D

Are you for real? You actually believe football comes to a halt when everyone is on holiday?

Even in the 'real world' people do 'business' whilst on holiday...so you think football is different?

My Agent friends are constantly on the phone to players, managers, Directors and like over the close season....'Business' get's done regardless....football doesn't come to a stop....sorry fella, and with respect, but you are living in a world of make believe if you think that.

Of course the football world doesn't stop completely, but surely you are aware that June is the quietest month of the year in it.

Very little business is completed during June, however much ground work is still going on.

I have no problem with the players who did so well last season being given a chance this season, but for the first game of the season Agard, Tavernier, Little, Jet and Elliott will be missing.

So I find it incredible that with three weeks remaining until the start of the new season, no replacements have been signed and this seems to be a situation the Management have accepted almost since the end of last season.

Remember, Osborne has been loaned out for the season and we have not signed a replacement as we have not signed anybody, so Clubs can do business.

SC interview after last nights game, he is not even asked a question about new signings.

As another said he probably says to the guy posing the questions not to ask him beforehand. Much better getting that clear than Steve having to retort with an O'Drizz-esque 'stupid question' .. although i grant you it would be comical to compare the two!

I can't believe for one minute cotterill even entered Leicester thinking!!

I mean who would right? What exactly has it got going for it? There are some redeeming features of Derby and Nottingham and even Coventry in spite of the perverse bombing but Leicester? Happy to be corrected. I suppose 60's brutalism and 90's red brick boxes will one day be more appreciated.

Read Dougie Freedman's comments about his team in the transfer market then apply it to Bristol City. Not going to just spend money on whoever. Not going to sign someone who doesn't fit to appease the fans.

Slightly different situation as they have a bigger squad than ours but same philosophy. Rather be patient and get the quality on and off the pitch.

I read him apply it to Derby but could not find the BCFC quote. Source please?

Archived