IGNORED

Stockhausen - "it's So Quiet On The Bristol City Beat"

ChippenhamRed

Stockhausen has just tweeted "it's so quiet on the Bristol City beat" so he's off on holiday. Doesn't sound like we should expect a new signing any time soon - if anything was imminent I'd expect him to have heard something.

My concern about our lack of signings grows by the day. Do you think it's reasonable to assume that we are not going to land any of our original targets (whoever they may have been), as we would surely have done so by now?

Apologies for another thread on a well-worn topic but I thought the tweet was worth a mention. Also hoping this doesn't turn into another anti-Bristol Post thread.

Is he really in the know though? Not to sure the club is happy with him after what he wrote about the Botswana tour last summer.

If they were really that unhappy with him they wouldn't have thanked him personally in the manager's programme notes on the final day of the season. Those of us that follow him on Twitter know he is quick to dismiss nonsense rumours. It is my belief that he knows more than your average OTIB poster.

Like I said, hoping this doesn't dissolve into another Bristol Post / Stockhausen bashing session as that is besides the point.

It seems during SC reign how little rumour or information is coming out, compared to previous managers and leaks. Although we do always get the I heard this a couple of weeks ago but did not want to post after we sign someone, on here.

I think we may have missed a few but that's due to setting sights high and after players that other top teams want, but does not mean we will still not bring in quality ready for the season, I have faith in the current management team to get the right players to take us forward.

It's not like cotteril said don't except signings until end of July.......

Last year we were a big fish in a small pond and quite a few signings were on free s . But whatever reason we have to be patient.In this league we can't offer the best wages/best location.

I'm worrying a Bit of course but as long as we don't sell anyone and add to the quality we have then I'm still really excited!

I have a feeling we haven't missed out on that many players but it seems Bunn was a target but we may never know .

I think we will see a few loan players coming in before the end of August. Whether or not this was the original plan I don't know but we could get lucky.

My main concern is up front. An ageing Wilbraham and a not yet ready Burns don't inspire confidence at this level. And if we get injuries/suspensions anywhere else we will be struggling.

Whilst I get that some City fans are anxious about the lack of strengthening so far I remain relaxed about it. Cotterill did tell us not to expect signing until the end of this month and as long ago as this spring all three major club officials, Cottrill, Burt and Junior Lansdown all independently said that the club was actively looking to sign new players.

If any had heard Keith Burt speak they would have no doubt whatsoever that the wheels have been turning out of the public eye for sometime now.

City may or may not have missed one or two of the first choice players but I suspect that they haven't missed out and let's not forget that players, officials and agents have all been on holiday since May so no doubt not much happened until they all returned.

My guess is that deals are already in place but just not announced yet.

Whilst I get that some City fans are anxious about the lack of strengthening so far I remain relaxed about it. Cotterill did tell us not to expect signing until the end of this month and as long ago as this spring all three major club officials, Cottrill, Burt and Junior Lansdown all independently said that the club was actively looking to sign new players.

If any had heard Keith Burt speak they would have no doubt whatsoever that the wheels have been turning out of the public eye for sometime now.

City may or may not have missed one or two of the first choice players but I suspect that they haven't missed out and let's not forget that players, officials and agents have all been on holiday since May so no doubt not much happened until they all returned.

I agree with most of that apart from the last bit. If deals were already in place, those players would be in Portugal.

Loan singing's are not the answer( matt smith aside!)we will sign 4/5 players permanently. Yes probably later than sc wanted to but I have 100% faith in management team. I am interested to see how much we pay for players? Will we make a Marquee signing?

You'd imagine that with the departures in the summer from an already relatively small squad they must be working hard to get players in! But in a funny sort of way it's nice to see that they aren't just going out throwing silly money at players who were just there to pick up their wage!

[quote name="Robbored" post="2303148" timestamp="1437292305"

Can't see City being happy Stockhausen tweeted about Bunn before it was all finalised, maybe stopped sending stuff his way.

He's a journalist and it's his job to find out information and pass it on to his readers. The club know that and therefore anything they "send his way" they should reasonably expect to end up being printed. Equally if they'd asked him not to say anything, he would know that he would damage his relationship with the club if he did and therefore he wouldn't do it. My impression is that he has a good working relationship with the club. If anything his knowledge of the Bunn situation proves that he is more "in the know" the most of us.

I would rather us sign nobody, than get into a situation where we've got players on 3 year contracts that don't fit. FairPlay to SC. Loads of time left, so let's be patient. For all we know, we've got 6 players on the verge of signing.

That first bit makes sense, then.

The rest is simply nonsense, on holiday since May? What are they, lottery winners?

If we'd signed anyone they would have been announced and therefore in Portugal, as it would make no sense for them not to be with their new team mates.

People have been away since the end of last season - May and returned at the start of this month. That's approximately 7 weeks when players, officials and agents were by an large unavailable.

I'm simply guessing that certain deals are done, I don't have any inside information but there could be any number of reasons why they haven't been announced yet. It could be that the club want to announce two,or three new players in one press conference. I don't actually know.

He's a journalist and it's his job to find out information and pass it on to his readers. The club know that and therefore anything they "send his way" they should reasonably expect to end up being printed. Equally if they'd asked him not to say anything, he would know that he would damage his relationship with the club if he did and therefore he wouldn't do it. My impression is that he has a good working relationship with the club. If anything his knowledge of the Bunn situation proves that he is more "in the know" the most of us.

Bunn was all over this forum for days before it made the Post.

It seems to work like this now:

1) rumour appears on Twitter, often via an agent or other source (this HITC website has a lot of City rumours)

2) fans tweet Stockhausen asking if it's true

3) he speaks to the club and tweets response

The days of buying the western daily press or post every day to see a transfer exclusive seem to be well past us.

People have been away since the end of last season - May and returned at the start of this month. That's approximately 7 weeks when players, officials and agents were by an large unavailable.

I'm simply guessing that certain deals are done, I don't have any inside information but there could be any number of reasons why they haven't been announced yet. It could be that the club want to announce two,or three new players in one press conference. I don't actually know.

7 weeks in which Rotherham signed 8 players..

Who cares about press conferences. The most important thing would be to get the new players integrated with the squad as soon as possible. Since no one new is in Portugal, we can reasonably assume that no deals have been agreed.

Sorry to shatter any illusions....but football is a 24/7, 365 day business....just because the season finishes on the pitch, it doesn't mean everything stops....in fact it gets busier in the 'off season'.

Board, Managers, Agents and players are all doing 'business'.....they maybe doing it from the side of a pool in the Maldives, but never the less....still doing business.

It's crazy to think football stops during the 'off season'....

Archived