IGNORED

Just Back From The Game

stortfordred

Like I said in an earlier thread, we have a cultural alcohol problem in this country; I and many others are embarrassed about the way some Brits conduct themselves abroad. You can stick your head in the sand as much as you want, but some fans are not great ambassadors to our club (understatement). And it is braver to stand up and say so. Than pretend otherwise!

Like I said in an earlier thread, we have a cultural alcohol problem in this country; I and many others are embarrassed about the way some Brits conduct themselves abroad. You can stick your head in the sand as much as you want, but some fans are not great ambassadors to our club (understatement). And it is braver to stand up and say so. Than pretend otherwise!

Doubt they have asked to be ambassadors or even want to

You have been watching too many of those 'Brit abroad' documentaries on Channel 4 from your high horse.  I have always thought it to be a bit of a myth.  Bar quite a few chavvy destinations around Europe I think you will find 'Brits' to be generally well behaved.  On my travels I have found Australians, yanks, Kiwis etc to be far more obnoxious and drunken.  Recently stayed in a hostel in Rio that was fully of Aussies and they caused absolute mayhem, UFC fighting each other etc... The English in South America were much more chilled in comparison.

If you ask Americans, south americans about English people most of them find us polite and interesting.  Its only the European package holiday destinations where locals get some grief.

Classic case of folk making sweeping generalizations on OTIB. And linking this to BCFC fans is just a bit lazy.

You have been watching too many of those 'Brit abroad' documentaries on Channel 4 from your high horse. I have always thought it to be a bit of a myth. Bar quite a few chavvy destinations around Europe I think you will find 'Brits' to be generally well behaved. On my travels I have found Australians, yanks, Kiwis etc to be far more obnoxious and drunken. Recently stayed in a hostel in Rio that was fully of Aussies and they caused absolute mayhem, UFC fighting each other etc... The English in South America were much more chilled in comparison.

If you ask Americans, south americans about English people most of them find us polite and interesting. Its only the European package holiday destinations where locals get some grief.

Classic case of folk making sweeping generalizations on OTIB. And linking this to BCFC fans is just a bit lazy.

And yet you make a sweeping generalisation about Aussies, kiwis and Yanks :laugh:! It's not just abroad though is it? Ever been to Bristol city centre after midnight! This sort of behaviour is happening on a regular basis in the UK. To deny it is plain silly. Not sure what the answer is, but having the courage to speak up against it might help! Now ply excuse me whilst I climb back on my horse :laugh:!

Same could be said for most people condemning it.

Exactly i said to my brother that it was on the forum about stuff happening and he said he knew, basically there was alot of banter, yes fans were on the pitch at half time my brother even joined in with the other teams warm up at half time he said there manager let him join in there was no trouble at all, after the game ayling waggy and other came over to have pics etc

• Admin

Seems like they were right to call off the game against Villa as who knows what would have kicked off.

Very true - the villa and City fans have spent numerous hours drinking together over the past days.

Goodness knows what may have happened ?? One giant conga across the pitch? 33 a side half time kick about

Very damaging stuff!

Very true - the villa and City fans have spent numerous hours drinking together over the past days.

Goodness knows what may have happened ?? One giant conga across the pitch? 33 a side half time kick about

Very damaging stuff!

In fairness, after a day on the beer and in the sun for both sets of fans, especially given as both sets can be a bit boisterous(!) it probably wouldn't be wise to have the game without policing; in theory of course.

Good to see pics of both sets drinking together having a good time.

Archived