IGNORED

U21S V Mango

Ray White

Anyone down there?

Theres a bloke in goal called Martin Horsell. With the other academy keepers in Portugal I guess he's been asked if he wants a game because he's available and he's local. There's another lad playing called Dan Sweeney, must also be on trial. A quick Google says Ipswich had a look at him 2 years ago. Others include:

Charlie Harris formerly of Brighton.

Curtis strong - ex Stoke

Secko - can't find any info on this lad

Anyone down there?

Theres a bloke in goal called Martin Horsell. With the other academy keepers in Portugal I guess he's been asked if he wants a game because he's available and he's local. There's another lad playing called Dan Sweeney, must also be on trial. A quick Google says Ipswich had a look at him 2 years ago. Others include:

Charlie Harris formerly of Brighton.

Curtis strong - ex Stoke

Secko - can't find any info on this lad

Think Horsell is the Yate keeper, ex Torquay

Well I left this game early...it was 1-0 to City when I left.

Wade was in Charge.

El Abd was playing also.

Unfortunately there was no team sheets available and when they announced the teams, I was the wrong side of the ground from the tannoy and couldn't hear a thing.

Good run out for the lads on a hard bumpy pitch.

Secko....played up front. A Big strong black lad, won most of his headers, played like a target man, but had good feet and vision and held the ball up well.

His flicked on headers were very accurate. I liked him.

Another player who stood out for me, was the number 4, Zak Vyner, played RCB next to Adam. Won everything he had to deal with and again, good vision, awareness and distribution.

City tried to play calm passing football, and when rushed by Mango's, dealt with it well without panicking.

Everyone got a run out from the players we still had on the books. For a small in stature size squad, they matched the bigger men of Mango's, which was good to see.

Few moments in the game of note.....horrible injury to a Mango player....snapped Achiles....not nice.

City Keeper almost threw the ball back into his own net, when stopping himself from throwing out a long clearance.

One thing I didn't like was El Abd trying to get the lads to pass it long to the Strikers, when it was obvious they were trying to pass and keep possession.

On tonights performance we would find it difficult to shift him elsewhere imo.

Personally didn't think the striker number 10 was that good have to agree that Zak Vyner looked very good big, strong and could pick a pass very well much more confident with him than El Abd even at that level. Joe Morrell showed glimses of quality his goal was great footwork defending wasnt the best but give joe the benefit of the doubt

Good game from the boys hoping wade can get a few more players to work with and build some good players ready to challenge first team

The LWB really reminded me of Joe Bryan but with less awareness and less strength currently but I was very impressed with him, he showed great ambition and technical ability.

Other than that Morrell looked neat and tidy, didn't think too much of Secko but I think it was the U21's first game of pre-season. The Marlon Pack lookalike was good and played a Pack kind of role, just got caught out on the ball from time to time.

El-Abd wasn't that bad, he done what he had to do fairly well, gave silly needless fouls away at times with his over-aggressive tackling but all in all he was fine. Good to see Wade enjoying himself too.

I would say the lad who played up front tonight, looked well over 5' 11''

I'd agree, well over 6 ft and far more bulky build. I'd have another look at him personally, pitch didn't help anyone, it was awful at best and at worst it was dangerous. I was also impressed with Dan Sweeney, big lad with a good touch.

I see a Bater, a Kite, and Lewis Hogg played for the oppo. I trust we stuffed them.

Good to hear Vyner is coming along, Tinnion, for one, has high hopes for him I believe.

Been a couple of years since I've seen Vyner play (it was CArlos Anton's U18s I think) but only he, Morrell and Fry are still with us. Always thought Ben Withey looked a prospect from that U18 team - anyone know what happened to him?

http://centpourcentfoot.net/?p=3889

Was it this Secko? AthleticoMadrid B team striker, last playing for Evian who were relegated from the French first division...

Although his name was spelt differently on the team sheet 'Secko'. That looks a lot like the fella and 5'11 looks about right. He wasn't a big build either and seemed to favour his left foot.

Also he had a Gazza v Germany Euro 1996 moment near the end where he couldn't get on the end of a pass across the 6 yard box and he was cursing in what sounded French-ish. Possibly one of those who would benefit playing alongside higher quality players.

Although his name was spelt differently on the team sheet 'Secko'. That looks a lot like the fella and 5'11 looks about right. He wasn't a big build either and seemed to favour his left foot.

Also he had a Gazza v Germany Euro 1996 moment near the end where he couldn't get on the end of a pass across the 6 yard box and he was cursing in what sounded French-ish. Possibly one of those who would benefit playing alongside higher quality players.

Adam El Abd is according to Wiki 5' 11''....the same height....this lad was way taller than him.

Honestly, I disagree. But who knows...

I took some photos...I can't seem to upload them on to here as it says the 'bytes' are too big....or something like that.

It maybe the same lad....who knows....but i'd say he looks nothing like the pics on the net.

I'm surprised you think he was the same height as Adam...

The trialist (Secko) is spanish he has been over here for a week or so now,as for  Zack Vyner he really is the real deal,this is why we accepted Fulhams bid for Aron Davis .

Aron Davis is nowhwere near Zack in ability ie pace.athletisiam reading the game and physicality .

Zack really has the potential to get in the first team squad if he continues to develop the way he is .

Looks like we are also taking a look at quite a few midfielders this is down to the fact that the u21 midfeild were getting bullied and out muscled last year in 80% of the fixtures,so I think they will sign some more developed and more experianced midfielders to bring Joe Morrell along a little more .

The trialist (Secko) is spanish he has been over here for a week or so now,as for Zack Vyner he really is the real deal,this is why we accepted Fulhams bid for Aron Davis .

Aron Davis is nowhwere near Zack in ability ie pace.athletisiam reading the game and physicality .

Zack really has the potential to get in the first team squad if he continues to develop the way he is .

Looks like we are also taking a look at quite a few midfielders this is down to the fact that the u21 midfeild were getting bullied and out muscled last year in 80% of the fixtures,so I think they will sign some more developed and more experianced midfielders to bring Joe Morrell along a little more .

Interesting; any more info on Secko? Is he the Atletico Madrid guy mentioned above?

Archived