IGNORED

Levi Ives

gibbo7

So why haven't the club announced it? Very strange. I know it's only an U21 signing but would expect some sort of comment from the club all the same.

Maybe we have made 5 or 6 signings and keeping them all secret to surprise Wednesday on Saturday ;)

So why haven't the club announced it? Very strange. I know it's only an U21 signing but would expect some sort of comment from the club all the same.

Absolutely.

Especially at a time when it is obvious we are struggling to do deals.

A bit of positive news, even if this lad does start with the U21s would make a welcome change..

Our media dept baffle me at times, this is far more important than Sky's bloody helicopter..

The club rarely announce under-21 signings. If they did it for him they'd have to do it for every young player they sign. I expect they want to avoid a big announcement so they don't put pressure on the lad too. The only reason we're talking so much about him is because there hasn't been any other transfer activity and he sounds quite promising!

I expect at some point in the coming week or so, maybe when we announce a first team signing, there will be a sentence or two in one of the articles on the website that just mentions we've signed Ives for the under-21 team (little fuss).

The club rarely announce under-21 signings. If they did it for him they'd have to do it for every young player they sign. I expect they want to avoid a big announcement so they don't put pressure on the lad too. The only reason we're talking so much about him is because there hasn't been any other transfer activity and he sounds quite promising!

I expect at some point in the coming week or so, maybe when we announce a first team signing, there will be a sentence or two in one of the articles on the website that just mentions we've signed Ives for the under-21 team (little fuss).

I take your point but this is a 17 year old who has already played 20 first team games at Conference level.

In truth all media these days is forgotten in a week or two but if I was running the media depth a story on the main site saying City signing promising youngster might help balance the obvious growing concern about over our threadbare squad.

I take your point but this is a 17 year old who has already played 20 first team games at Conference level.

In truth all media these days is forgotten in a week or two but if I was running the media depth a story on the main site saying City signing promising youngster might help balance the obvious growing concern about over our threadbare squad.

I'd probably agree with you. Still expect them to announce something low key eventually, just a bit delayed!

• Admin

I'd probably agree with you. Still expect them to announce something low key eventually, just a bit delayed!

In a report on tonight's U21 friendly? "Levi Ives made his first appearance for Wade Elliott's U21s at LWB following his recent move from Torquay"

Absolutely.

Especially at a time when it is obvious we are struggling to do deals.

A bit of positive news, even if this lad does start with the U21s would make a welcome change..

Our media dept baffle me at times, this is far more important than Sky's bloody helicopter..

I'm with you on this...The Club have alluded to how important it is to have the Academy and develop players.

Cotts gets Wade in to bring the development players nearer to the first team. And the Club spend Millions on the Academy.

Yet we get very little info on players and actual development.

I personally find the info given by those at BCFC as immature at it's best.

You are right....who gives a flying **** about a helicopter from Sky visiting Failand and players twatting about in it.

I find it quiet disrespectful....how dumbed down do the Club think it's followers are?

I'm with you on this...The Club have alluded to how important it is to have the Academy and develop players.

Cotts gets Wade in to bring the development players nearer to the first team. And the Club spend Millions on the Academy.

Yet we get very little info on players and actual development.

I personally find the info given by those at BCFC as immature at it's best.

You are right....who gives a flying **** about a helicopter from Sky visiting Failand and players twatting about in it.

I find it quiet disrespectful....how dumbed down do the Club think it's followers are?

Agreed, its always been relatively amateur as long as I can remember.

• Admin

How about a short video interview with Wade the next working day after each fixture about how that game was? Extra material for the homepage & Player & surely quite easy to arrange? Longer term, an interview a month with a development player - it could even be beneficial to them in their media training.

How about a short video interview with Wade the next working day after each fixture about how that game was? Extra material for the homepage & Player & surely quite easy to arrange? Longer term, an interview a month with a development player - it could even be beneficial to them in their media training.

Anything along those lines would be a massive improvement on what we have now...I'd personally enjoy that, as I'm interested in Development football and how players are progressing.

I noticed from the team sheet against Leicester that the Spanish trialist didn't play....I have no idea as to why or whether his time here is done... :dunno:

Would be nice to hear from Tins more, and apart from at the game, has anyone actually heard Carlos Anton speak through our media?

Archived