IGNORED

11 Fit First Team Players....

spudski

It depends what you class as first teamers? I expect Reid will get more playing time this season.

That included Reid.

Waggy, Agard and Williams all out. Greg off...El Abd...playing with U21's. Karleigh season loan

Fielding ( still being rested ), Little, Smith, Flint, Wilbs, Bryan, Pack, Freeman, Ayling, JK, Reid....ahhh forgot Burns.

So 12 fit?

Regardless we have two weeks to buy players before the season starts and we've got a paper thin squad at best right now, even if we bring in four players (which is my personal opinion what we need) that gives all four of them less than two weeks to settle in, get integrated into Cotterills plans and start playing. I cannot complain about Cotterill, I don't think any of us could but I am honestly surprised and a little worried by our pre-season this year, compared to last years it's a bit of a shambles and we're heading into a much tougher league.

I hope Cotterill has some players all lined up and ready to sign or it looks like we'll be going down the loan as many players as possible route.

The lack of trust in the football club and the integrity of player transfers is ******* ridiculous.

Get a ******* grip.

11 players, so what. How many morons does it take to actually realise the club has money and overly resourceful intel on players and making signings.

The likes of Keith Burt and co would have a proper laugh if they wanted to actually read some of the shite posted about the concerns and worries people have.

Stop winging and wetting your panties. What a bunch of wet folk we have on here.

That 70+ page thread is mainly filled with overstated nonsense, whilst I'm on topic of player volume.

Don't worry and have a bit of faith in the operation of the club. It's actually a well run club too - so don't expect panic signings.

**** me!!

I reckon we will dip into the loan market rather than commuting to huge contracts which is the mistake we made last time, above all else the club needs to survive, and splashing out on loads of players on loads of cash is a gamble, it will all come good I'm convinced, SC and SL arnt stupid, in the words of Jon Bon Jovi 'Keep the Faith'!

They wouldn't have let Cunningham go unless they were certain of a replacement. Everyone needs to chill out. I fully expect 5-7 signings by the start of the season.

I don't think they had much choice, Greg obviously wants to play regularly, one year left on his contract.

No point in keeping a player who isn't happy and can walk away for nothing at the end of the season.

They wouldn't have let Cunningham go unless they were certain of a replacement. Everyone needs to chill out. I fully expect 5-7 signings by the start of the season.

I don't.

Any player we sign would need to be better than we've got, and in signing they might expect to be first choice, this limits the type of player available.

Cotts won't sign just anybody, he clearly wants a centre back, having had bids turned down for two already (if we believe the reports).

A goalkeeper is a possibility, but FF is good enough and played every game(?) last season, so not essential.

Another midfielder maybe, but he will need to provide real competion for Pack and Smith who were arguably our most consistent players last season.

Agard will be close to a comeback now so having replaced JET a forward isn't essential.

I fully expect us to sign two permanent and then a couple of loans.

The lad Kane is a possible.

Having walked league 1, with the vast majority of those players still available wholesale signings aren't required, a couple of real quality players are what's needed, and a couple of the bench places taken by U21s.

I don't think they had much choice, Greg obviously wants to play regularly, one year left on his contract.

No point in keeping a player who isn't happy and can walk away for nothing at the end of the season.

He is contracted to the club so they always have a choice. If the squad was really as thin as it currently appears, they would have kept him because they would have needed him. However, their willingness to let Cunningham go at this stage is a very positive indicator to me that new signings are imminent.

Do you really think Cotterill and Burt would agree to sell another player, with only 2 weeks until the season starts, if they didn't have replacements lined up? Obviously not.

He is contracted to the club so they always have a choice. If the squad was really as thin as it currently appears, they would have kept him because they would have needed him. However, their willingness to let Cunningham go at this stage is a very positive indicator to me that new signings are imminent.

Do you really think Cotterill and Burt would agree to sell another player, with only 2 weeks until the season starts, if they didn't have replacements lined up? Obviously not.

Yes, if the offer was right and the player wanted to go.

The lack of trust in the football club and the integrity of player transfers is ******* ridiculous.

Get a ******* grip.

11 players, so what. How many morons does it take to actually realise the club has money and overly resourceful intel on players and making signings.

The likes of Keith Burt and co would have a proper laugh if they wanted to actually read some of the shite posted about the concerns and worries people have.

Stop winging and wetting your panties. What a bunch of wet folk we have on here.

That 70+ page thread is mainly filled with overstated nonsense, whilst I'm on topic of player volume.

Don't worry and have a bit of faith in the operation of the club. It's actually a well run club too - so don't expect panic signings.

**** me!!

No different to last season when we were lapping teams yet people still thought that Sheffield United (jesus christ!!) would come up on the rails and pip us for the SECOND promotion spot!!

Get a ******* grip.

**** me!!

Well I'm glad you didn't direct that at me, as all along I've stated along the lines of what you have.

My OP was just to clearly work out who was injured, who was fit and how many we had.

For some reason, some people read into that that it's a moan....you can't win sometimes.

Clearly a lot of posters on here, don't read posts correctly, misinterpret them, or want to misinterpret them, so as to have a dig....or in some instances actually read it, then quote something entirely different that is made up in their own heads....you gotta love football forums....they're nuts !!!

Well I'm glad you didn't direct that at me, as all along I've stated along the lines of what you have.

My OP was just to clearly work out who was injured, who was fit and how many we had.

For some reason, some people read into that that it's a moan....you can't win sometimes.

Clearly a lot of posters on here, don't read posts correctly, misinterpret them, or want to misinterpret them, so as to have a dig....or in some instances actually read it, then quote something entirely different that is made up in their own heads....you gotta love football forums....they're nuts !!!

To put a positive spin on it some might argue that O'Leary and Kelly have played themselves into being first team "squad" players on this tour. The keeper, in particular, seems to have grabbed the opportunity Cotterill has given him.

Greg was not a first choice player, if Bryant and Williams were fit Greg would be sat on the bench for the first game and might start at Luton. Therefore keeping him just in case he is needed through an injury to someone else is less attractive than getting a decent fee for a player who is NOT a first choice and out of contract at the end of the season, and is clearly looking for a move to gain first team football.

The same goes for any replacement, if the young lad from Torquay signs he will be happy to sit on the bench, and can probably do a decent job if called upon, if we sign a player who is genuine competion for those two players he will have to be damn good, and will cost a lot of money, it isn't a position we need to strengthen immediately.

Get a ******* grip.

**** me!!

You're entitled to your opinion mate, but the contrary argument is just as persuasive. We have been let down by the club before and while I admire your optimism, it seems to me based on blind faith. Very creditable, but with nothing substantial underlying it. No one has asked for panic signings, but there are those of us who are disappointed that we have not made any well-researched signings in the last three months except for JK. It is natural to be concerned, and I suspect that Keith Burt is also concerned. Well done for keeping the faith, and I hope you turn out to be right, but at the moment we have nothing to go on except the belief that our club would not be so inept as to leave us with a paper-thin squad. "11 players, so what?" sounds like an essay question - how long have you got?

To put a positive spin on it some might argue that O'Leary and Kelly have played themselves into being first team "squad" players on this tour. The keeper, in particular, seems to have grabbed the opportunity Cotterill has given him.

I'd be highly surprised if that's the case...even Ives and the Irish lad I can't see being on the bench....but who knows.

The step up from Development football and Conference football to Championship is massive....especially if you are young and have no experience of League football.

I can see Reid and Burns being part of the squad....as having loans last season and regular first team League football will have helped their Development.

This is the problem....Academy football at our level is far removed from Championship football.

Anyone 'Stepping up' would have to be exceptional....that is why I see any Development player coming through being loaned out for a season.

Greg was not a first choice player, if Bryant and Williams were fit Greg would be sat on the bench for the first game and might start at Luton. Therefore keeping him just in case he is needed through an injury to someone else is less attractive than getting a decent fee for a player who is NOT a first choice and out of contract at the end of the season, and is clearly looking for a move to gain first team football.

The same goes for any replacement, if the young lad from Torquay signs he will be happy to sit on the bench, and can probably do a decent job if called upon, if we sign a player who is genuine competion for those two players he will have to be damn good, and will cost a lot of money, it isn't a position we need to strengthen immediately.

Under normal circumstances I would agree with you, but we have a tiny squad and we are now a Bryan injury away from having a serious problem. It's not just a case of keeping "just in case" we need him, he will be needed at times during the season. Therefore I believe we are only letting him go because we have replacements lined up, not simply because he wants to. I don't believe we have the luxury of doing the latter.

Why? He has looked decent during preseason.. I remember people writing Pack off in the first half of last season.

Seen nothing from the lad at League One level, or the few times I've seen him at League 2 level, to suggest he can cut it at a higher level again.

Hope to be proven wrong, but I genuinely don't think I will

Archived