IGNORED

A Week To Go - New Season Aspirations?

old_eastender

Little bit surprised by the negativity. Yes, the summer's transfer strategy hasn't gone to plan but the fighting spirit and excellent organisation of this team can potentially take us a long way.

Just looking at the basics - we still look strong defensively and have a 'keeper I have little concern over. The midfield work their nuts off and will create chances. We still have goals all over the team.

That's not really got the hallmarks of a team that will struggle...

Providing the numbers come in to support the current core then I genuinely don't see us struggling.

It's still got 17th written all over it for me. And that would be fine!

Oh and it's probably just me, but I find that phrase in football ('in X we trust') SOOO annoying!

I'm a LFC. Fan too, and I wouldn't have trusted Rafa Benitez with anything, nor Deluded Brendan. I hate that phrase too.

My aspiration is to stay well away from this forum next week-end if we don't get a result at Wednesday.

If we can't manage to put out a full bench at Wednesday, then my aspiration will be stay well away from his forum until Christmas.

After the end of last year then the deafening silence a drop in expectation, optimism etc.

But looking at  this , which I've just seen on FB, someone thinks we'll do OK.

11830053_882672145101815_1418167869_n.jp

They've obviously not heard that we have a thread bare squad and will have the Trumpton Fire Brigade on the bench when the season starts. 

Oh wow. Much intelligence, such awe.

Tube.

Bit unnecessary. My point is it's just their opinion. If you asked 100 people to predict the table you would get 100 different answers. It doesn't look like a particularly way-out prediction to me, but again that's just one opinion.

For what it's worth I would say 7th looks optimistic for us, but the magazine likely went to print a couple of weeks ago before our lack of transfer activity became such an issue. I would imagine the prediction was based on our decent first 11 and likely momentum after such a great season last year, with the assumption that we would strengthen the squad further (which we may still do).

Bit unnecessary. My point is it's just their opinion. If you asked 100 people to predict the table you would get 100 different answers. It doesn't look like a particularly way-out prediction to me, but again that's just one opinion.

For what it's worth I would say 7th looks optimistic for us, but the magazine likely went to print a couple of weeks ago before our lack of transfer activity became such an issue. I would imagine the prediction was based on our decent first 11 and likely momentum after such a great season last year, with the assumption that we would strengthen the squad further (which we may still do).

Your response was unnecessary - write a sarcastic post, get one in return.

We are miles off 7th and can only assume print deadlines influenced the article.

I believed that withn the addition of 5-6 good signings we would have enough to finish 10th-14th. No matter how good the 1st 11 were last season there are weaknesses which I think would have seen players replaced in the starting 11 by mid sept. Now we can't even replace them with players off our bench?! 

Whilst I don't think Cunningham or Osborne would have commanded a 1st team spot it seem very short sighted to have let them go without an adequete replacement ready to come in. At this moment I would take 20th but unless some real talent comes in I'm afraid that maybe beyond us.

I'm just hoping momentum maybe behind us & we can scrape a couple of wins early which'll make us a more attractive proposition for signings.

Archived