IGNORED

Great Watch - Terry Cooper

Tomo

I would say the best manager we have ever had, what he did with the resources he had was brilliant.

Edit

And anyone that goes on about the tinpot cup being worthless, take the 2nd video in.

Top Bloke.

Did he make a cock up of Rovers?

I seem to remember it being controversial when he was sacked.

I think he said he did in the interview, which was why he was surprised to be offered the City job.

I hope at the very least his name will be remembered inside the redeveloped stadium.

Watching a TC team was always a pleasure, two wingers and always very positive. It's not only what he achieved, but the style he achieved it in.

You're absolutely right. No money, a team of kids, veterans and journeymen produced some of he most entertaining football I've seen at the gate. I guess that's why I get frustrated with some of the better resourced rubbish I've had to watch at times in the years since!

Also, interesting that the board were very cautious with funds, despite the previous success of the manager and led him to eventually knock it on the head. Let's hope that chunk of history doesn't repeat itself.....

For what TC did for the club, I hope there is some recognition in the new museum in the SS. I was in my late teens/early 20's during his time and although we were in the 4th and 3rd division at the time, it was great to watch the club rise from the ashes.

It was terrible to see the clubs demise but to rebuild the club which is what he did was amazing and the man is in my book an absolute legend

It was interesting to hear that he stood down so that the next manager would have funds and that he recommended Joe Jordan i never knew that obviously because was too young but i do remember his and jordans time with fond memories and watching there teams play was a joy to watch

With the club museum opening , maybe we could have a fitting tribute to him in there. Not sure what? Anyone have any ideas?

I think we should have a screen in the museum showing that Wembley interview on a loop, the emotion he showed made me so proud of him.

And we should also have plenty of footage, photos, shirts etc from that 1983/4 season, it was awesome!

A section of the museum should be called Cooper's Corner with all that sort of stuff in it.

He means so much to me and my memories of following the Reds at our lowest point. He helped new players move to Bristol in his own time and at his own expense.

He helped maintain the stadium in his own time, painting and repairing stuff.

He threw himself into life at our club and he cared so bl**dy much - almost as much as we did.

Yep we had low crowds in those days but boy did we get behind the team.

It was obvious who really cared about BCFC in those days.

I remember a midweek game in the pouring rain and the crowd was four thousand and something.

As I walked to the turnstile already soaking wet a policeman said to me "you must be mad mate" to which I replied "why? I've come to see the best team in the world"

The policeman smiled, the turnstile operator said "good lad" and I felt a million dollars!

Loved the years under TC - a true City hero....

I am so glad that so many fans appreciate TC - I found the new footage by chance and just googled TC Bristol City. Latham is old school which made the interview kind of malone style but it's great to hear his views and I am glad that his health is better!

I know in Mark Cooper he is the Swindon enemy but bizarrely Mark is a City Fan (from his father managing the mighty reds and he does admit that).

Be great if Bristol Sport did a similar get together which they did for the 76 boys and got TC and his team together for a dinner evening - I would love to hear their stories in view of the difficult times the club faced at that time...

Over to the marketing team at BS to contact Terry and the players together!

Be great!

Mr Coopers reasoning for his resignation is interesting.

I was present at the Southend match on the friday and it was an uncomfortable experience. The away support was in the region of 250 and a significant proportion were chanting "Cooper out" in unison with a performance from the players that often is a catalyst for being sacked. City struggled to string enough passes together to get to the half way line at times. That night it appeared he had lost the dressing room and a section of fans.

I admired the intent of both Cooper and then Jordan and the attempt to play football with width and a obvious offensive approach. It was for a time believable that Bristol City could carve out a niche as being a club with a noted long term attacking style!

Archived