IGNORED

Aiming Too High?

Lew-T

It seems everytime this summer we've put a bid in or made an enquiry about a player, bigger clubs seem to jump in and snap them up. As a club do you think we are aiming too high with the calibre of players we are after? Don't get me wrong it's exciting and nice to be linked with such players but what happened to looking at younger and unproven players?

I thought that was the plan, seeing as we supposedly have one of the smallest budgets in the league?

You know what angers me about this club, it's ambition! How dare they want to sign quality players that improve the squad.. How dare our players set that standard high last season?! Why don't we just sign any old crap and go back to league one like last time?

Listen to yourselves!

Probably yes we are guilty of that. That being said, no harm in asking, right? We are assuming there aren't a few deals we could probably complete quickly if need be. Until we need to, better to try and aim high and maybe get a steal than not try. I'll call this plan a failure when our squad is still 15 guys and the window has passed.

I think our core first team will be fine at this level. The problem will come when we suffer injuries. Clearly loans can help but we will be at a disadvantage until we can get the extra income from our new main stand and all the corporate earnings that it can generate. Young players of a high standard are vital if we want to get a good squad all bedded in for a real push for promotion in the 2016/7 season. There must still be promising League 1 players who could step up and be within budget.

Archived