IGNORED

Is Sc A Media Genius?

Soul_Trader

It's been an odd close season.   Rightly or wrongly, a lot of people thought that the quick free spending recruitment of players would happen again this year.

And it didn't .... which has annoyed many people.

However, we have signed 2 players, which on paper look to be quality signings and nobody knew much about it beforehand.

There have been numerous rumours/suggestions about other players.

So I'm wondering.   Is this just co-incidence?   Or is it possible that the smoke and mirrors stories about Jesse et al are actually part of SC's plan?   Let everyone talk about Jesse whilst we tie up deal for Fredericks?

Just wondered.  If there was a lesson here somewhere?  Perhaps we're not crediting SC as much as he deserves?

Just a thought

I do like the way we seem to go about things, keeping things under the radar.

Says the man who seems to have spent 3 days solid on the Interweb/Twitter  :blush:

BTW , I think the rumour mill does ok without a nudge from SC. 

It's been an odd close season.   Rightly or wrongly, a lot of people thought that the quick free spending recruitment of players would happen again this year.

However, we have signed 2 players, which on paper look to be quality signings and nobody knew much about it beforehand.

So I'm wondering.   Is this just co-incidence?   Or is it possible that the smoke and mirrors stories about Jesse et al are actually part of SC's plan?   Let everyone talk about Jesse whilst we tie up deal for Fredericks?

Just wondered.  If there was a lesson here somewhere?  Perhaps we're not crediting SC as much as he deserves?

Just a thought

And did men really land on the moon ? Is there a Loch Ness monster ???

If keeps the clubs dealings private.  And (possibly) does not alert rival clubs to people we are speaking to.

Never happens though does it.

The football industry is a small family, agents talk to each other, old team mates stay in contact, you can bet there is rarely a deal goes through with out a lot of people knowing about the possibility of it happening, it just doesn't get to the ordinary fan, usually until it's announced.

I do find it amusing that our tame EP reporter only knows what Cotts wants him to know.

It's been an odd close season. Rightly or wrongly, a lot of people thought that the quick free spending recruitment of players would happen again this year.

So I'm wondering. Is this just co-incidence? Or is it possible that the smoke and mirrors stories about Jesse et al are actually part of SC's plan? Let everyone talk about Jesse whilst we tie up deal for Fredericks?

Just wondered. If there was a lesson here somewhere? Perhaps we're not crediting SC as much as he deserves?

Just a thought

With respect to RF, Lingard is a much more exciting signing. We wouldn't use a more exciting rumour as a smokescreen for RF!

But the according to some on here the club should be talking us through every stage of every potential transfer. Where is the communication they cry! 

Just as well the club are more professional and are going about our business quietly (albeit its taking longer than any of us hoped). Well done City. Now for a few more please

But the according to some on here the club should be talking us through every stage of every potential transfer. Where is the communication they cry! 

Just as well the club are more professional and are going about our business quietly (albeit its taking longer than any of us hoped). Well done City. Now for a few please

it's all they got left mate, don't take that away from them.

Just a thought

I think SC has done the right thing in keeping local media from getting hint of signings.

Plus keeping it quiet his end, and not talking about actual players names is a good thing....as the in fighting by a few on here, often translates to local media which goes into print. It then gives an often wrong conclusion, based on a very vocal minority.

As for other media used by Agents and some journalists....there is often a lot of truth in the 'rumours' about Clubs making enquiries or even putting bids in.

Agents use these sources to rouse interest from other Clubs.

As to whether the player signs is another thing....but it doesn't mean a Club hasn't ever shown interest.

I very much doubt that the dearth of signings was part of Cotterills deeper strategy nor was starting rumours about imaginary signings.

The club have the fans to do that.....

Exactly, with possible assistance from agents and the media! :laugh:!

Anywhere where there is a lack of information rumours will start. It is inevitable. City have made two excellent signings and have stated things will happen late, so they're as good as their word.

I think media savvy would be a fair description; genius?... Few people deserve that title with or without a noun in front of it.

Achieving a second successive promotion?... That is when that word 'genius' should be pulled out again and dusted down, polished even.

Like it. Elegant words

Seeing as our director of football does nearly all the transfer dealings and scouting, i'm not sure SC does much more than give him a list of names and gently massage his shoulders while hes on the phone.

Not sure about "gently massages his shoulders" but you're right about Keith Burt

I must admit to being a little concerned on how the media relationship will go this year.

When he joined a few guys I know who support PNE said he used to be very very testy with the media when his team didn't win.

We saw bits of it last season after Crewe and after Colchester but rarely was an issue for the simple fact we didn't lose many games.

We will obviously get beaten a lot more this coming season so I am wondering how this media relationship will bear it.

Time will tell us I guess.

I must admit to being a little concerned on how the media relationship will go this year.

When he joined a few guys I know who support PNE said he used to be very very testy with the media when his team didn't win.

We saw bits of it last season after Crewe and after Colchester but rarely was an issue for the simple fact we didn't lose many games.

We will obviously get beaten a lot more this coming season so I am wondering how this media relationship will bear it.

Time will tell us I guess.

I'm sure your Preston friends are knowledgeable, but why would they be commenting on SC's media relationship? 

Most managers can be pissy after their team has just been beaten.

No big deal, I fact it cane be quite amusing.

Archived