IGNORED

The Official Sheffield Wednesday V Champions Match Day Thread

Korey Smith had a very poor half, Ayling and Williams looking somewhat suspect although Ayling made a great save.

Bryan injury a negative.

Frankly outplayed at the moment but still in the game.

I thought the opposite (but for Bryan). Thought the three you picked out looked pretty composed and think we're putting in a decent performance considering it's game one in a division higher and we're away from home.

Korey Smith had a very poor half, Ayling and Williams looking somewhat suspect although Ayling made a great save.

Bryan injury a negative.

I thought Williams was the best player on the pitch for us! Wallace is a very good player at this level and Williams has stopped him getting a lot of crosses in. Ayling has been caught out on or two times but overall looks not too bad.

Think both Pack and Smith could do more, seem to be sitting back too much and just looking to spray balls to the wing backs.

Bryan injury a negative.

What game are you watching? Korey Smith has beena class above in his defensive role. Two poor passes forward maybe, but other than that he has been superb. I have seen nothing from Sheff Wed that worries me in the slightest.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1

Fredericks has been decent defensively, but indecisive attacking wise. As long as we press more, I could see us getting a few shots away, and hopefully in the back of the net. Keep positive guys!

he has the quality, but in at the deep end up against a monster on the right, seems better on the left, more confident.

I think its pretty even watching the stream, they have had a few very good chances but its all because we are playing like we are at home.

Our wingbacks are basically playing midfield if not higher which has left our back 3 exposed at the counter attack which is where all the chances have come from.

Wilbs and Kodjia have barely been in the game, all the actions come from wide or attacking midfield. We need to somehow get them more involved.

• Like 1

Pack has been incredibly frustrating 1st half. Poor decision making and his passing has been way off.

To top it off he had a crack from close to the halfway line which was completely pointless as it trickled to the keeper. 

The other thing i've noticed, our back 3 are getting caught out constantly as Bryan (now Burns) and Fredricks are pushing up as they have done in League 1 and Shef Wed are just exposing this by pulling Flint out wide to try and handle an agile winger. Might need a change of tactics from SC for the 2nd half but I'll trust his judgement!  

I think its pretty even watching the stream, they have had a few very good chances but its all because we are playing like we are at home.

Our wingbacks are basically playing midfield if not higher which has left our back 3 exposed at the counter attack which is where all the chances have come from.

Wilbs and Kodjia have barely been in the game, all the actions come from wide or attacking midfield. We need to somehow get them more involved.

That's pretty much exactly how I saw it.

• Like 2

What game are you watching? Korey Smith has beena class above in his defensive role. Two poor passes forward maybe, but other than that he has been superb. I have seen nothing from Sheff Wed that worries me in the slightest.

You haven't seen anything to worry us? I think we're lucky to be level at the moment. But a win is not out of the question either.

I thought Wilbraham was going too wide, since no one was there to put in crosses. We need to get them more central with the wing backs pushing up, however it would only expose our defense to more attacking threats...

• Like 1