IGNORED

The Official Sheffield Wednesday V Champions Match Day Thread

Nothing wrong with the Ref, been even to both sides all you can ask for, my god we aint gonna start on Ref's already ar we? Look closer to home Pack not good enough for league one let alone championship and Williams week link in defence

3 very poor tackles on City players and only 1 booking.

The other 2 SW players have been given licence to make another bad one before being carded, potentially seeing another of our players going off injured.

That's not good, or even handed refereeing.

45 minutes and already half the side have been whinged at.

Joke.

So to confirm, you think that all of the players have had a faultless performance?

It's a forum, some criticism is unfair IMO but to highlight some errors or below average performances thus far is fair enough isn't it? 

Nothing wrong with the Ref, been even to both sides all you can ask for, my god we aint gonna start on Ref's already ar we? Look closer to home Pack not good enough for league one let alone championship and Williams week link in defence

Nope. Not letting that go. Pack was extremely important in the second half of the season, where we barely lost a game. Can't say that he's good enough for the Championship obviously, but to say he's not good enough for League One is laughable.

Edited by Luxo Jr.

At least four times first half, apparently over-hit passes have been played into the space between and behind their left back and central defender. All have run out harmlessly for goal kicks, making it look like poor passing, but it's happened so consistently I'm wondering what's going on there. Both Korey Smith and Pack have done it and neither are particularly given to giving the ball away that carelessly as a rule. I can't make out whether they were looking for the ball inside the full back for Fredericks to use his pace (before he switched to the left, obviously) or if they were looking for Kodjia to make the run into that inside-right channel and he isn't quite on their wavelength yet. Be interesting to see if there's any repitition of that second half.

What game are you watching? Korey Smith has beena class above in his defensive role. Two poor passes forward maybe, but other than that he has been superb. I have seen nothing from Sheff Wed that worries me in the slightest.

Apart from where they broke through the left and put a sitter wide and a free shot from the penalty shot somehow put over?

Korey misplaced 4 passes I can remember. Good tackling performance but letting himself down. Take your rose tinted glasses off, I can't believe we weren't 1 down at HT.

Look a little rusty is all. SW much sharper than I thought they'd be. Never felt my stomach churn then when I saw Joe clutch at his knee area. Hopefully just a knee to the calf or something. All in all not bad. Good to get that first half under their belts. Just have to be wary of their pace behind our WBs as Williams and Ayling not the quickest. COYR!!

Please don't start on Kodgia already :facepalm: . Not much he can do so far, his movement looks good enough to me though.

kodger has not had the service,there is clearly a lack of understanding between the two,him and wilbs.generally in possession we have been the better side,but really poor in the final third.joe brian crosses from wide have been generally poor,and now he is injured.wes on the right,and federick on the right.Wednesday look like a team full of strangers,and it shows.they have looked dangerous on the counter a few times.

Pack has been incredibly frustrating 1st half. Poor decision making and his passing has been way off.

To top it off he had a crack from close to the halfway line which was completely pointless as it trickled to the keeper. 

Certainly wasn't close to the half way line but anyway Pack was entitled to shoot, just as JK was when he blazed the ball over from an angle.

Nothing wrong with having a go when you're in space and get a sight of goal - on another day they could fly in, and it's not as though we're creating loads of chances.