IGNORED

The Official Sheffield Wednesday V Champions Match Day Thread

How quickly we realise the jump in quality between the divisions and adapt (those up to the task) will define our season

Sounds like a reality check

Afraid I've never seen enough in Pack to think he may cut it in Championship - looked 'ok' in a very good side at tail end of L1

It won't be the defeat that defines us but how we learn from them ( and quickly)

MK seem to have got to grips with it !!

• Like 1

No surprises here. Small squad. Nothing on the bench really to change the game when chasing it. And probably the only area of the team that we cannot replace like for like injured.

Fielding last time he messed up in the opening game lost his confidence completely... I hope he picks himself up quickly.

All the makings of a bad start to the season.

We look toothless up top. Wibraham does not seem to have confidence in his strike partners and spent the whole game so far heading the ball back into midfield.

Doesn't bode well on first appearances.

A bit of work needed on the training field me thinks

Edited by TRL

I'll give it a few games but anyone thinking our squad didn't need competition for places watch this game. Everyone looks a step below everyone on SW. Can definitely turn it around and I'm sure we will sharpen but most have been poor today. Get used to this because it's the "new" championship. Higher fees, higher wages and much better players. This is what can happen when you don't get players in early and don't want to compete with wages and fees. Will have to spend to be competitive. Can be smart spending but to get quality you'll have to pay for it which we have been willing to do yet.

I hate when people have this attitude, of course people are going to see this as a bad omen, we've looked outclassed in almost every area of the pitch and showed no signs of being able to adapt when outplayed.

I don't think this formation will work in this league, not without some very impressive central midfielders, we've got nothing in the middle.

Based on one game. Jeez our fans..

• Like 1

How quickly we realise the jump in quality between the divisions and adapt (those up to the task) will define our season

Sounds like a reality check

Afraid I've never seen enough in Pack to think he may cut it in Championship - looked 'ok' in a very good side at tail end of L1

It won't be the defeat that defines us but how we learn from them ( and quickly)

MK seem to have got to grips with it !!

MK Dons are playing arguably the weakest side in the division.

• Like 1

Based on one game. Jeez our fans..

One game? Yes but I've never seen them play this poorly(this main group). Hopefully this serves as a wake up to everyone that it's going to take a lot more this season to be even average. We are capable but this is going to be the kinds of team we play every week. Got to sharpen and toughen up

• Like 1