IGNORED

The Official Sheffield Wednesday V Champions Match Day Thread

If you just watched that football game and think people are over reacting you couldn't be further from the truth if you tried. That was indescribable, they genuinely looked leagues apart from us and that's just being realistic, you seriously can't say it's not. Sheffield Wednesday also missed three sitters, we had one shot in the box all game.

Luke Freeman the only person to want the ball and run at them. That bloke is quality.

• Like 1

Disappointing today, thought we could get a draw here. But i think it's important to remember the amount of new players SW had out today, we wouldn't have been able to do too much homework. We need to give our new lads a few games to gel. Nothing to panic about as of yet, we just need to make sure Ashton Gate is a fortress this season. 

If you just watched that football game and think people are over reacting you couldn't be further from the truth if you tried. That was indescribable, they genuinely looked leagues apart from us and that's just being realistic, you seriously can't say it's not. Sheffield Wednesday also missed three sitters, we had one shot in the box all game.

I think you're overreacting, massively so in fact.

We were lucky with injuries last season which already doesn't appear to be the case with fielding and agard in pre season and now Bryan in the first game. Signings are needed but we knew that was still the case anyway.

I do think we need a decent plan b and even c this season though.

First game back in the championship away from home was never gonna be easy so let's see where we are at after 10 games and then panic if required.

Disappointing today, thought we could get a draw here. But i think it's important to remember the amount of new players SW had out today, we wouldn't have been able to do too much homework. We need to give our new lads a few games to gel. Nothing to panic about as of yet, we just need to make sure Ashton Gate is a fortress this season.

Fortress? There's a gaping hole in the side.

This has been poor, but it's not doom and gloom. For all Wednesday's possession in the second half, City restricted them to very few clear chances. The second goal was a joke mistake by Fielding. (Slight correction - just saw a poor Wednesday miss in 93rd minute. ). Perhaps I'm being too optimistic, but give it time.

I don't think its all that bad, we conceded a set piece and counter attack. Was 2-0 a fair score... probably but it wouldn't have been miles out of place had we nicked one especially in a very even first half.

Pack looked niggly and got caught in possession too many times, he also misplaced too many passes but he was probably my only major criticism.

We probably played too attacking, even in the second half we played more like 352 than 532 and that's half the reason why we got caught short at the back more than once.

Positves, burns and Robinson looked very good its just a shame none of our strikers could get into the game and on the end of anything.

All in all no the end of the world, we conceded 2 pretty average goals away from home.

Wallace has been a nightmare today. Lesson learned today. Dust ourselves off. Take care of Luton and get back to our football.

Things I didn't like was the long ball up to Wilbs. An option? Yes but that seemed like our game plan which doesn't make much sense to me with only Freeman and Kodjia as support.

Also don't like how we use Williams as a playmaker. He over dribbles at times and always plays the long ball.

Everyone was awful on the ball today. Need more sharpness.

Things I did like

Ayling looked the part today. Thought he was good.

Flint was Flint for the most part.

Burns had a very strong game. Looks a winger to me.

All in all, still need time to gel which is the price you pay for doing business late, even if it is good business.

• Like 2

Some people's reactions to today's result/performance have been laughable, bordering on the disrespectful. We lost 2-0 away from home to an established Championship team who, for all we know, could finish runaway leaders at the end of the season. For the first hour or so, the match was even.  It turned out to be a comfortable victory but we weren't comprehensively outplayed. It'll just take time getting used to the faster, more skilful teams in this league. Remember the great times this team brought us last season. None of them deserve to be called names or written off yet.

• Like 4

a defeat, in our first game back in the championship. not good, we forgot that feeling last season. Fact is though were the newbies, it wont last, will be differnet next Sat'dee. Clearly Cotts aint got all the players he wants.

Onwards and upwards YOU REDS.