IGNORED

Joe Bryan's Injury

NVMal

If you look on the flip side, if we didn't sale Cunningham then we would of almost definitely replaced Joe with Greg yesterday not giving us the opportunity to give Burns the chance- which turned out that he had a very good game.

I'm not saying it will by all means, but a little opportunity like that could be the making of Wes just like when Bryan took his opportunity when it came to it.

If you look on the flip side, if we didn't sale Cunningham then we would of almost definitely replaced Joe with Greg yesterday not giving us the opportunity to give Burns the chance- which turned out that he had a very good game.

I'm not saying it will by all means, but a little opportunity like that could be the making of Wes just like when Bryan took his opportunity when it came to it.

Well.. Maybe.. But we lost 2-0. It's neither here not there really! Maybe if Cunningham had come on we wouldn't have lost! Who knows!

Whilst you can never be sure about these things, the fact that the medical team allowed him to continue playing for a time before he came off, coupled with the point that he was moving well and without any obvious limp or severe discomfort, all suggest that he hasn't sustained serious damage. I certainly hope that's the case, anyway, because even if we did still have Cunningham for cover, Bryan would be one of the last players I'd want to lose, whatever the reason.

Initial thought was broken leg, I was amazed when he carried on and in the same thought be surprised if it was ligament as he did continue.

I thought the switch actually worked ok, at least partially. Wes looked good and Fredericks Improved on the left.

Well.. Maybe.. But we lost 2-0. It's neither here not there really! Maybe if Cunningham had come on we wouldn't have lost! Who knows!

With respect to Greg, I very much doubt he'd have made a difference.

Wes had a good game and if Joe is out for longer I hope Cotts recognises that and lets him develop in the role.

There needs to be an inquiry into why he was allowed to play on. Incredible decision.

Why? It clearly wasn't an injury that he felt he couldn't play on with. Players know their own boundaries. Joe and Steve together probably decided to see if he could shake it off.

The thing that makes be believe it wasn't to bad is the way Joe Bryan still looked comfortable playing on, he didn't seem to be limping or wincing when running around.

Just out of interest, why would we want Wes playing left wing-back?

He did a great job covering but that's not his position.

He will get battered defensively against better opposition.

To answer about Wes at WB. If Joe is out he earned it with a good performance yesterday.

I'd expect Joe to miss Luton as well just because we need him fit and the Luton game is probably low on our priorities list. Someone told me they heard 3 months on Joe with ligament strains or something like that. Not reliable and I hope not.

Exactly. Don't get me wrong its nice that otib has a shred of something positive to say but is Wes likely to replace two very good RWB's? (or are they both shit now too?). I'd play Ives in the Luton game which will give us chance to learn more about Joes injury and/or hopefully bring someone in if needed for longer term. 

For all the over reactions from Saturday's defeat, for me the most worrying thing is Joe Bryan's injury. He was obviously a key player last season and would be a big loss.

To clarify the Greg Chnningham situation, I didn't want him to go but we didn't really have much of a choice. At the time I did think that it would be sods law that Bryan would get injured and then we'd be left without cover! I just hope Bryan's injury isn't serious!

To be fair he was up against a pretty tricky winger and faced a lot of attacks coming at him.

I actually saw enough to think he can hold his own against tough opposition, whether he can do it consistently and reliably is the next question.

With respect to Greg, I very much doubt he'd have made a difference.

Wes had a good game and if Joe is out for longer I hope Cotts recognises that and lets him develop in the role.

Not judging by Cotts' comments he didn't recognise it...in his words, none of those who appeared at wing back on either side were good enough.  Damned unfair if you ask me.  I was impressed by Fredericks, Burns and Bryan, the latter being our best player in the opening exchanges, in my opinion.

How he got the injury was an injustice as he pushed the ball past the Sheffield Wednesday player who then kicked out at him and as both players lay on the ground to get treatment I was thinking a sending off or a booking but the ref decided not to book anyone and restarted play by giving the ball to us to give back to Wednesday all that I can guess is that the ref did not see the incident :online2long: .

For all the over reactions from Saturday's defeat, for me the most worrying thing is Joe Bryan's injury. He was obviously a key player last season and would be a big loss.

To clarify the Greg Chnningham situation, I didn't want him to go but we didn't really have much of a choice. At the time I did think that it would be sods law that Bryan would get injured and then we'd be left without cover! I just hope Bryan's injury isn't serious!

Didn't have a choice?? He was under contact, we could have said "No".

Archived