IGNORED

Sean O'd Stood Next To Brendan R? A Parallel Universe?

m42

Who else did a second take watching MOTD on Sunday evening?  My brain has taken 2 days to compute the scene!!  Good luck to Sean.  Wouldn't it be great to come up against Liverpool in the Capital One Cup!

So if Liverpool get off to a bad start.................Rogers gets the bullet,  SOD takes on the caretaker role, team win a few games and SOD becomes ...............- well you know the rest .

Could never happen though

Could it?

Quite a few of our sacked managers have done ok when you think about it:

Millen= Part of Prem management team

SOD=   ditto

Jordan = was coaching at Spurs etc

Lumsden = was Asst. Everton Manager

Hodgson = England Manager

Pulis = Established Prem Manager

McInnes = SPA Manager

and for Robbored!

Johnson = Conference Manager

When Liverpool play Palace we will have SOD next to Rogers, and in the other dug out Millen next to Pardew.

Who'd have thought it?

Anyone who knows that serial failures seem to get recycled in football.

Mates is mates is mates...

Who else did a second take watching MOTD on Sunday evening?  My brain has taken 2 days to compute the scene!!  Good luck to Sean.  Wouldn't it be great to come up against Liverpool in the Capital One Cup!.

Mark Lawrenson was appalled by Liverpool's performance at Stoke and couldn't believe how poor Liverpool's football was..

I doubt Rodgers will last the season and would expect O'Driscoll to follow him out the door within 5 minutes

Mark Lawrenson was appalled by Liverpool's performance at Stoke and couldn't believe how poor Liverpool's football was..

I suspect O'Driscoll will leave Liverpool about 5 minutes after Rodgers.

I'm just appalled by Mark Lawrenson....still living in the 80's.

I think he knows a good Liverpool team when he sees one.......... and one playing dreadful football.

Read all the other reports and look at the stats....what Mark Lawrenson knows about modern football you can write on the back of a fag packet...he's a dinosaur.

They won at Stoke with new players bedding in....that's a great result these days considering. Lawrenson talks jack shit imho.

Read all the other reports and look at the stats....what Mark Lawrenson knows about modern football you can write on the back of a fag packet...he's a dinosaur.

They won at Stoke with new players bedding in....that's a great result these days considering. Lawrenson talks jack shit imho.

Sorry, wasn't Lawrenson a regular in the all conquering Liverpool team of the early to mid. 80's? Did he not win 5 League Championships and 5 major Cups?

You should respect his opinion on Liverpool. He knows a Liverpool team playing unacceptably atrocious football when he sees one, and I'm sure Liverpool fans appreciate his forthright honesty, even if you don't.

I think he knows SO'D will be booted out unceremoniously with Rodgers and probably never heard of again, and I have to say I think that's very likely too.

Sorry, wasn't Lawrenson a regular in the all conquering Liverpool team of the early to mid. 80's? Did he not win 5 League Championships and 5 major Cups?

You should respect his opinion on Liverpool. He knows a Liverpool team playing unacceptably atrocious football when he sees one, and I'm sure Liverpool fans appreciate his forthright honesty, even if you don't.

I think he knows SO'D will be booted out unceremoniously with Rodgers and probably never heard of again, and I have to say I think that's very likely too.

Give it up you'll never win, I have.

Sorry fella....there are plenty of ex footballers who played in great football teams 30 years ago.

Unfortunately some of them still have their heads still in the 80's....and imho...Lawrenson is one of them.

I've plenty of respect for ex footballers who move with the times and understand modern football...but it's clear when listening to ML, that he still compares Liverpool now to when he played....it's impossible to do so....he's a dinosaur.

Plus you've only got to listen to many Liverpool fans to see they are still living in the past and judging their team on it.

My reply has nothing to do with SoD and Rodgers....just on what ML thinks.

Just my opinion....you have yours....we can agree to disagree ;-)

Who got the sack? and both are now coaches and not managers, I think that is actually the point here.

That's exactly what some of us were saying. Unfortunately in Millens case too many fans didn't want him as manager in the first place.

They were wrong in both cases - that's the point.

Thank you posters for developing my thread into a proper football debate.  Well impressed.  My opinion?  ML polarises but he was a great player in a great team and I enjoy listening to him even if I don't always agree with him - which I have to admit, isn't very often.  Three minutes to kick off!!

Archived