IGNORED

Cotts Is Gonna Blow

dargla

Irrespective of the jesting, I've a feeling we are about to find out if he really is a good manager now. It's easy when you're winning.

I think he's made a great call in his approach to the interview tonight.  If confidence isn't great then there's no point in tearing into players and making the mood at a club seem even worse.  It's time to coax them back to believing in themselves.

SC puts too much reliance in Kieran Agard, who is still yet to prove himself in a city shirt for me.

He bemoans a lack of goals, but allowed goals to walk away from the club in the form of JET.

Still firmly behind him, but I don't feel sorry for him when he complains about lacking a cutting edge when we allowed a player of Jets quality to leave.

Additionally it's not hard to see why "we have a hangover" from last season - no fresh blood into the squad during preseason to shake up the established dynamic!

Maybe, but did you see JET's performance a year ago against Oxford?

Also I believe JET was on big wages, a substantial chunk of which were being paid by Ipswich.

Interesting comment about "not wanting to speak out of turn about the player and his views"....suggests that the noises about early indications showing reluctance from Gayle to have talks may have substance and that Cotts has a lot of selling to do if we even get them to the table.....

It doesn't really bother me if players aren't champing at the bit to join us....we're Bristol City, a very average English team, we're not Barcelona...Outside of our fan base we're not the type club that people grow up aspiring to join.

I think he's made a great call in his approach to the interview tonight.  If confidence isn't great then there's no point in tearing into players and making the mood at a club seem even worse.  It's time to coax them back to believing in themselves.

Agree - Especially when his selection options are limited

Have to say he sounded a million miles away from the SC of Saturday - the contrast quite bizarre tbh

Obviously none of us know why but anyone want to have a stab as to why the big change ?

Does not care to much about this cup?

He knows realistically were we are right now?

SL has agreed to write some big cheques?

He got lucky last night?

Numerous conversations with Palace chairmain Steve Parrish. Now for conversations with player and agent should he wish to do that.

That kind of frustrates me somewhat to be honest. I cannot blame Palace I suppose for wanting the offer on the table, but surely it is not to much to expect if there were numerous conversations for them to have had a quiet word with the player to see if he had any interest at all?

Irrespective of the jesting, I've a feeling we are about to find out if he really is a good manager now. It's easy when you're winning.

He took a down and out team and saved their season and delivered a midtable finish. He then complimented what we had and built a squad relatively cheaply that absolutely stormed the league and broke all of our records. Oh and not to forget we had just sold the league's top goalscorer.

All this mention of easy when winning completely ignores what he walked in to and what he achieved in his first half season, which alone was more than enough to endorse his abilities in my mind.

With all due respect (and it is of course just my opinion) SC does not need to prove himself a good manager to you, I, or anyone else who has followed what he has achieved here.

Archived