IGNORED

Clarity Needed On Correct Way To Address Those Who's Opinion Differs....

Mad Cyril

For some reason, if some posters don't like your views, but reply, they will call you "fella". I'm not sure why this is, but you will never be a "fella" if somebody likes you.

It's difficult to believe anyone can be oblivious to what a complete knob they sound addressing someone as "fella".

For some reason, if some posters don't like your views, but reply, they will call you "fella". I'm not sure why this is, but you will never be a "fella" if somebody likes you.

I find "fella" is used for a mild disliking, if someone really hates you they get out the ultimate insult and call you "son".

Eg - look son were you even at the game? What are you like 12 FFS? Go support the gas!

D#ck

I find "fella" is used for a mild disliking, if someone really hates you they get out the ultimate insult and call you "son".

Eg - look son were you even at the game? What are you like 12 FFS? Go support the gas!

D#ck

"Sunshine" is another term indicating dislike, but it doesn't seem to be used on the forum.  Perhaps we should have a hierarchy of dislikes:

Fella - mild dislike

Son - greater dislike

Sunshine - ultimate dislike.

You forgot "poppet" and "flower"!!

Poppet is one I use, but I call a lot of different people poppet

I may call one of my girls it, in a loving Dad kind of way. On here it's normally reserved for those who need to put their big boy pants on, or tuck their blouse in

Got that, fella, chap, mate, d1ck, poppet? :thumbsup:

Where does "chap" fit into this hierarchy?

This is now getting difficult.  Terms such as "chap", "mate", "pal" etc. have different meaning, if used in isolation,depending on the intonation of the way they are spoken. As we don't have any spoken words on the forum, we're stuffed.

I think "old bean" is O.K.

If some idiot has the f'ing cheek to doubt your word/opinion/source or the audacity to challenge a supperior posters stance by opposing it for shits and giggles... The best way to name shame and address 'em is to tattoo their bleeding post-code onto their stupid soddin forehead.

In a sympathetic, courteous, polite and respect full way of course! .... (although stringing the buggers up would be too good for 'em tbh) :)

Only joking, ...before any sensitive souls start, don't go getting yer politically correct knickers twisted because deep down you know I'm right, so don't waste your steam!

Not forgetting stating the opposite point of view with "FACT!" or "END OF!" (or both) at the end of the sentence.

Kindly offering to correct or highlight errors in punctuation or grammar in a post is also used on occasion. Oddly, this offer is never extended to posts the respondent agrees with.

This is always done by someone who struggles with their own grammar or punctuation ...... FACT!

A smarmy sarcastic reply followed by a four letter insult is the best and most effective combination used by OTIB's finest.

Some examples are:

Yeah because the season is two games long.

T""t

Yeah because some bloke down the pub is more knowledgeable than SC.

Cock.

or as a wonderful poster eloquently said to me the other day:

Yeah because losing to Oxford really damaged our season didn't it?

Dick.

(copyright Cynic circa 2015)

I was just reading this and found myself saying...... I really like cock

which made me snigger

So more confused than ever now.

What is the top of the hierarchy of disrespect - pal, mate, love, blossom, petal, chap, dear, sunshine, old bean. Poppet or nobber.

This is holding me back from wading into a right Norbert on another thread who is completely wrong. FACT.

Archived