IGNORED

Andre Gray

Keepers Ball

Just seen Bradshaw scored again today; 5 in 3 for him this year so far.

Never been impressed when I've seen him in the flesh, but be shocked if no one in the Championship looks to pick him up by the end of the month; boy can clearly hit the net.

As you say, five in three. Hit one last Saturday, three past Championship Forest midweek and then another today.

Of course many Forum Members will throw their hands up in horror as "he's untried at Championship level".

As you say, five in three. Hit one last Saturday, three past Championship Forest midweek and then another today.

Of course many Forum Members will throw their hands up in horror as "he's untried at Championship level".

Isn't his Championship experience (and being he's only just 23, would have done very well to get any) that has me hesitant; more that having seen him play, I wasn't overwhelmed by his contribution overall.

But that said; same went for the lad who was at Chesterfield, and he banged in goals last year every time the ball came near him.

Sometimes poachers like that are worth a shot, as ultimately that skill to appear in the right place at the right time and get the right touch is simply something you can't train into players, hence the premium on guys who can do it.

Right now, I think we've other areas that would do with work/recruitment, but if we were indeed looking for a number 9, despite my reservations, he's be a logical risk, being he'll cost significantly less than someone like Gayle, and one or two decent seasons at this level and he'll increase in value significantly.

And let's be honest; even if the team takes some time to settle, having a lad in there who has a habit of nicking goals like Bradshaw seems to is no bad thing; can be the difference between straight-up bad and indifferent form.

Considering the rarity of natural poachers, I don't believe he won't attracting interest in the next two weeks.

Also, correction to my earlier post; he's got four in three, as didn't score on the first weekend, although he did set up their goal that day, so there is that.

To say he was very good is a massive over statement, our lad caused Brdntford all sorts of issues today and if he had buried 50% of his chances.. Well, he could well be valued at more than GRey!!

He looked good from where I was sat. Completely different calibre to Agard that's for sure.

Edit - not saying he's worth the money being quoted but the money in football is mental at the moment. But to say he wasn't good as some are suggesting is well wide of the mark.

PPS - Gray and Kodjia would be an awesome partnership.

Yeah I didn't see much from him if I'm honest. He certainly wasn't 'playing on his toes'.

I'm not so sure he's going to regularly repeat last season's tally at this level. On today's showing I don't think he works hard enough for the chances. Gayle would've been a calculated gamble, he would be a total punt.

Gray's movement today was a step above anything we've had down the gate for a long time. I know he was involved in spells but his general movement over 90 minutes made it hard for our defenders and opened up acres of space for his teammates, he is a guaranteed 20 goal a year man in my opinion.

Think we need to be looking at

Bradshaw - Walsall

Dack - Gillingham

Byrne - Swindon

Moncur - Colchester

All top players in League One who could make the step up to the Championship and bring something to our team in my opinion.

No one in this league is worth that much.

He was quick, strong and clinical though. Something we certainly lacked.

The poster above who said Kodjia was better.....Really? :-/

Kodjia did ok. Very raw in my opinion. We definately need a bit more class up front.

anyone in any league is worth whatever the going rate is for them.

anyone in any league is worth whatever the going rate is for them.

Unfortunate timing with the injury, but last week I'd have said Will Hughes from Derby is.

He's got some serious potential.

Interesting comments from their manager to say that Gray had asked not to play in our game earlier in the week because he was going elsewhere but the teams were unable to agree a fee.

I wonder...

Pretty sure this was Hull, early part of the week it seemed a done deal!!

Archived