IGNORED

Bristol City Enter Chase For Bradshaw?

Curr Avon

The otib contingent last week: We,re setting our sights too high and making ourselves look like idiots going for Gayle, I wish we,d go for more realistic cheaper yet promising signings like Bradshaw.

The forum Today after being linked with Bradshaw: Panic buying, not worth the money, only had 1 good season in league 1.

The otib contingent last week: We,re setting our sights too high and making ourselves look like idiots going for Gayle, I wish we,d go for more realistic cheaper yet promising signings like Bradshaw.

The forum Today after being linked with Bradshaw: Panic buying, not worth the money, only had 1 good season in league 1.

Not me. Think Gayle is exactly the type we should be going for. Hope the next few incomings are of his ilk.

Don't think you'll find me saying Gayle was a target too far, though happy to admit I'm skeptical of Bradshaw making the grade.

End of the day; Gayle would have been a very costly addition, but I have zero doubts he'd have been a quality addition. But based on what I've seen of Bradshaw, I'd be worried if we paid what looks to be double what we did got Agard for him, as unlike Gayle I've doubts he'd make the grade.

If he does arrive, then I'll get behind him like anyone else, but it would be folly to think that just because we can't sign someone at the limits of our reach that we should then turn around and give up on folks of that quality.

I've been talking about Bradshaw for the last 12 months, personally I'd be pretty annoyed at paying that price now when we could have picked him up for a lot, lot less.

Has scored goals in a team that have not exactly set the world alight, always a sign of a good player.

F the price is right, then go get him, a good long term investment for sure.

I'm suprised you're suprised. Its the otib way isn't it?

He looks a finisher, not sure how quick he is and yes he does suffer with his hamstrings. A different striker to those we already have (a bit like Hooper).

He's the kind of player i thought we may sign earlier in the summer but would be suprised now. As for the quoted price, whoever buys him will have to pay what he's worth to Walsall. The lads got 2 years on his deal so Walsall are in a good position. Just internet rumours though i suspect

There is nothing in that montage of goals that says quality striker. Lots of deflection mis controlled shots and the like... But I guess the same could be said of the Goat when he was with us.

I have to say there is not much there that makes me sit up and think he has something special

There is nothing in that montage of goals that says quality striker. Lots of deflection mis controlled shots and the like... But I guess the same could be said of the Goat when he was with us.

I have to say there is not much there that makes me sit up and think he has something special

Agree 100% techincally he looks average/poor from whenever i have seen him and at 2 million its even more of a joke.

As others have said id rather keep the 2 million in the bank (or spend it in another area) and stick with the strike force we have.

he has had one decentish season in league one, 2million ? has it really come to this ? we should have given jet a contract imo.

Another good point. Why JET wasn't offered anything is complete e madness, i know its been done to death but bollox did he want a move, Cotts didnt want him and now its coming back to bite him on the ass.

Another good point. Why JET wasn't offered anything is complete e madness, i know its been done to death but bollox did he want a move, Cotts didnt want him and now its coming back to bite him on the ass.

I don't get how it is this hard for some to understand and don't think we'd still be going on about it I'd it weren't for a frustrations this summer. He wasn't in Cotts first choice team in league 1 so he was never gonna be in the Championship. He wants to bring in players that are better than his first choice (Agard, Burns and Wilbraham from last season) of which Gayle definitely would have been, Kodjia may be but Bradshaw in my opinion isn't. Hope this isn't true and we're still chasing premiership or Championship strikers - James Wilson?

Agree totally, imo a faux pas by Cotterill on that one. Lets not forget when given a run at the start of the year, was our best player and even player of the month.

Would've been in the first XI this season or some quality on the bench, being an impact player which according to many it seems we are severely lacking.

Agree totally, imo a faux pas by Cotterill on that one. Lets not forget when given a run at the start of the year, was our best player and even player of the month.

Would've been in the first XI this season or some quality on the bench, being an impact player which according to many it seems we are severely lacking.

Indeed. Obviously hindsight is a wonderful thing and back when JET was let go none of us including Cotterill new that we would find ourselfes in this position with only what 3 weeks of the window left.

Its just bad management for me, you dont give it the big'un and let quality like JET go unless you have a nailed on replacement its that simple IMO.

Ok someone has to reply.... Nobody knows, least of all on this forum, if SC offered Jet a deal or not. So to lambast our celebrated manager is at best naive.

This makes me laugh. Dwight gayle, who can't get in to a prem squad was to good for us. Bradshaw an up and coming striker in league 1 isn't good enough. But why would a championship striker come here when they would be in the same situation there in already.

I've never seen anyone say Gayle was "too good" for us; ambitious attempt, because he could realistically play in the Premier Leauge, but too good? No; just an excellent signing, if we could afford him.

And Bradshaw has been a decent league one striker for one season, during which he was injured for long periods. Agard (who gets a lot of flack here) scored 40 goals the last two seasons at that level, and twice was promoted from it; once Bradshaw has done that, I'd have no qualms about bringing him in, but worry that he's yet to show that sort of consistency, and isn't worth twice Agard's price to us last year.

Although KA and AW are the most technically gifted, they formed an effective partnership last season, scoring 23 goals (13/10 respectively) in the 29 starts they made together.

I also think KAs unselfish running / work rate freed up a lot more room for LF.

Bradshaw looks useful, but I'd rather be spending the money in other areas of the pitch.....JK will have proved some doubters wrong on Saturday....so I think upfront we are okay. SC & KB may think we need another in.

I suppose Strikers get more attention, so that is not to say they are doing hard work behind the scenes for other positions / players.

Although KA and AW are the most technically gifted, they formed an effective partnership last season, scoring 23 goals (13/10 respectively) in the 29 starts they made together.

I also think KAs unselfish running / work rate freed up a lot more room for LF.

Bradshaw looks useful, but I'd rather be spending the money in other areas of the pitch.....JK will have proved some doubters wrong on Saturday....so I think upfront we are okay. SC & KB may think we need another in.

I suppose Strikers get more attention, so that is not to say they are doing hard work behind the scenes for other positions / players.

I thought exactly the same about KA until I did a bit of geeky watching of games.

I noticed he actually held a higher line than Jet, Jet would look for the ball, or stand in space so he could run at defenders, KA held a higher line and therefore pressed more, we correctly had totally different approaches to when KA & JET were on the field partnering Smith or AW respectively.

If JEt had played the whole season I think he would of hugely improved on his total goals from the season before, anyway he's gone now and we Kodjia who IMHO although a little raw looks a good buy, I think Agard could do with a trip on loan to get himself up to speed, I've got a feeling he's found his level at league one of course both for him and us I hope I'm wrong.

Archived