IGNORED

Bristol City Enter Chase For Bradshaw?

Curr Avon

It's always amusing to see otib commenting on speculation that originated based on posts on otib. I think this is one such case. Nobody has mentioned Bradshaw and BCFC in the same sentence except on here.

Realise it just quotes "social media" but was under the impression it was the article posted in the first post of the topic that sparked it.

Realise it just quotes "social media" but was under the impression it was the article posted in the first post of the topic that sparked it.

I'd bet a fair few quid the article is sourcing from otib.  The complete absence of any claim of inside knowledge and use of the word "rumour" translates as "we pretty much made this up".  The timing is obvious.

I'd bet a fair few quid the article is sourcing from otib. The complete absence of any claim of inside knowledge and use of the word "rumour" translates as "we pretty much made this up". The timing is obvious.

You're most likely right.

Not too bothered, personally; not sure he's what we need at all.

The service into the front two or one, whichever set up we use, is paramount. We completely undone Brentford on numerous occasions Saturday and we put two away. Had Freeman not got sent off it felt like we could have got more. With that type of service most decent strikers are going to score. However, I'm not 100% convinced we have the midfield / defence to do this week in week out. If we get another striker in we have to get a dominant midfielder and defender in.

The service into the front two or one, whichever set up we use, is paramount. We completely undone Brentford on numerous occasions Saturday and we put two away. Had Freeman not got sent off it felt like we could have got more. With that type of service most decent strikers are going to score. However, I'm not 100% convinced we have the midfield / defence to do this week in week out. If we get another striker in we have to get a dominant midfielder and defender in.

I'd really love a new CM and CB as well. Really wouldn't mind just a couple CBs and push Ayling up. Would be a gamble as well though. Think those positions are more important than striker at the moment. Think sharpness in front of goal will come. Especially from Kodjia who got into position time after time. People see the misses and think he's subpar but he had a good 4-5 shots and I'm happy with him getting there. I'm sure in a month and same looks he bags a hat trick. Just not super comfortable yet.

I'd bet a fair few quid the article is sourcing from otib. The complete absence of any claim of inside knowledge and use of the word "rumour" translates as "we pretty much made this up". The timing is obvious.

It originated on Walsall sites. Yes, they quote social media, but not a football forum and I don't think there's been anything on OTIB to say we ARE bidding for him or suggesting a fee.

You're most likely right.

Not too bothered, personally; not sure he's what we need at all.

Watching his highlight reel I'd say he's worth a look.  Scores with both feet and his head, connects well, hits the corners of the goal, good awareness and timing.  He's also a good age and not already in the Prem.  I'm not saying sign him but if we haven't had a good look at him we should.

He looks more likely to succeed at this level than Agard to me but then I have always had a sneaky suspicion Agard got by on running lots and a fair helping of luck because he seemed to score with his ankle or shin more often than not.

It originated on Walsall sites. Yes, they quote social media, but not a football forum and I don't think there's been anything on OTIB to say we ARE bidding for him or suggesting a fee.

I suspect someone who writes for those sites picked it up from here via a google alert.  It's remarkably easy to start rumours by posting on here, it's been proven several times.

Convinced it was JET's decision to leave. 

We'll never know because we didn't even bother offering him a contract. I'm sure the club would have announced that they'd at least offered him one if that was the case. Even if they knew he wouldn't have accepted it - as they did with Stead, Heaton and Nyatanga.

I'd really love a new CM and CB as well. Really wouldn't mind just a couple CBs and push Ayling up. Would be a gamble as well though. Think those positions are more important than striker at the moment. Think sharpness in front of goal will come. Especially from Kodjia who got into position time after time. People see the misses and think he's subpar but he had a good 4-5 shots and I'm happy with him getting there. I'm sure in a month and same looks he bags a hat trick. Just not super comfortable yet.

Yeah pushing Ayling up is an interesting one. He piled through Brentford for that opener and did it loads last season. Definitely adds another option. Trouble this season is we haven't back filled properly like last season when he goes up but I think this is also because the speed of thought has been a step up in who we are playing against. Defence has been caught a bit flat footed this season so far and turned easily. Obviously early days though. I don't know if Bradshaw would make much difference, have not seen him play enough. He's obviously going through a great patch and continuing form from last season but is he better than a fully fit Agard? I was impressed by Kodjia Saturday, looked to link play well and got into great positions. Just rushed end product. Looks a great prospect.

Can't see what more Bradshaw could of done in the last couple of seasons, his goals kept Walsall up last season despite missing a good part of the season and he's already banged in 5 goals this season including a hat-trick at championship Forest all this in what is a very average Walsall team, worth a punt if the price is right, someone who has impressed me massively is the 18 year old who Coventry have on loan from Newcastle, I think he's already got 5 goals in 3 games including some screamers

Can't see what more Bradshaw could of done in the last couple of seasons, his goals kept Walsall up last season despite missing a good part of the season and he's already banged in 5 goals this season including a hat-trick at championship Forest all this in what is a very average Walsall team, worth a punt if the price is right, someone who has impressed me massively is the 18 year old who Coventry have on loan from Newcastle, I think he's already got 5 goals in 3 games including some screamers

Very true but by the same token nobody seems to want to invest over heavily on him even with that scoring record and that is strange, strikers are the most coveted of players.

We'll never know because we didn't even bother offering him a contract. I'm sure the club would have announced that they'd at least offered him one if that was the case. Even if they knew he wouldn't have accepted it - as they did with Stead, Heaton and Nyatanga.

Nyatanga , that name sends shivers down my spine , bleak bleak days !

Not exactly lambasting the manager now is it? I think it was obvious that Cotterill didnt want JET as he didnt fit his criteria of what he wants out of a player.

so why would cotts keep him if Jet isn't what he wants and his wages would of stopped of signing other players . None of us know how Jet felt but he was from London ,qpr most Likely offered higher wages, loves his music and oh look Qpr haven't started him for a league game yet .

He was a great impact player don't get me wrong and its typical Freeman is out. However it would of been stupid to keep him when we can prob sign to good players or maybe even Someone like kodijas wages.

I do agree we do need a jet replacement as at the moment we only have strikers then can come off the bench to effect the game

It was always going to bite Burt and SC the JET issue as SC came out and stated we had not offered a contract, we should have offered him 6k a week and let him turn us down, at least they could have said he turned us down and we didn't want to pay big wages for a squad player.

As it stands this has been the worst summer recruitment wise I can remember, we have let decent players go and have not replaced them adequately.

Only 2 people to look at for me, we should have had all this sorted by the beginning of July.

So looking at his goals the one thing I noticed is a lot of them were scrappy, close range goals that didn't require any creativity, he just looks like a poacher to me and judging by our performances to date this season I don't see him getting many opportunities like that with us.

I think another striker when we're still lacking quality creativity in the middle is a real issue, Freeman can create but he's on his own, not to mention missing for three games now, I'd much rather we left Wilbs, Kodjia, Agard and Robinson to convert chances and got ourselves a central player who can hold the ball and create because with the 5-3-2/3-5-2 formation we're lacking that spark in the middle right now and the full backs can't be expected to create everything using the width.

So looking at his goals the one thing I noticed is a lot of them were scrappy, close range goals that didn't require any creativity, he just looks like a poacher to me and judging by our performances to date this season I don't see him getting many opportunities like that with us.

I think another striker when we're still lacking quality creativity in the middle is a real issue, Freeman can create but he's on his own, not to mention missing for three games now, I'd much rather we left Wilbs, Kodjia, Agard and Robinson to convert chances and got ourselves a central player who can hold the ball and create because with the 5-3-2/3-5-2 formation we're lacking that spark in the middle right now and the full backs can't be expected to create everything using the width.

Really? Judging by the first half hour against Brentford, I'd say a poacher us exactly what we need. Wilbs and Kodjia missed three gilt edged chances between them and a Bryan ball across the box was afourth chance that went begging.

Archived