IGNORED

Bristol City Enter Chase For Bradshaw?

Curr Avon

Bradshaw is a poacher and imo I didn't believe we really have a poacher in the squad, many times Saturday did Joe Bryan put great balls into the box and sometimes neither striker was in there, he would be a good buy and will only get better. Not sure on the price quoted tho.

Agree with that.

I reckon under 1m would get him if SC wants him. Walsall called Swindons bid derisory at around 300k but I can't see him being worth a great deal more than that at this time.

They were saying 2M somewhere as he just recently an extension to his contract.

Alot better than 8-10M and its a long term investment... bring in Bradley Dack as well I say.

Only seen him once in the JPT game where he was poor. Decent scoring record though.

Five in three so far this season including a hat trick at Championship Forest in last week's cup game.

Remember when Adam LeFondre was scoring for fun at Rochdale? Some forum members back then said "City shouldn't have him as he's untried at City's level".

Bradshaw is a poacher and imo I didn't believe we really have a poacher in the squad, many times Saturday did Joe Bryan put great balls into the box and sometimes neither striker was in there, he would be a good buy and will only get better. Not sure on the price quoted tho.

I agree. The thing is with the price though, if he can score goals in the championship, then he is worth it. I trust Cotterills judgement. I do rate Agard but I don't believe he is a central striker, gets knocked off the ball too easily in the middle. 

I do hope though that he looks at other positions as well. A striker is less of a priority than midfield and defence in my opinion.

Argh. We need to move on from JET. There was no point offering a new contract as he would not have been first choice. You can question whether that was right or not but Cotts is manager and he has to have players he would pick. There are better goalscorers out there. Hope Cotts gets one and this whole issue can be put to bed.

I thought exactly the same about KA until I did a bit of geeky watching of games.

I noticed he actually held a higher line than Jet, Jet would look for the ball, or stand in space so he could run at defenders, KA held a higher line and therefore pressed more, we correctly had totally different approaches to when KA & JET were on the field partnering Smith or AW respectively.

If JEt had played the whole season I think he would of hugely improved on his total goals from the season before, anyway he's gone now and we Kodjia who IMHO although a little raw looks a good buy, I think Agard could do with a trip on loan to get himself up to speed, I've got a feeling he's found his level at league one of course both for him and us I hope I'm wrong.

Really and make the squad even thinner than it is?.

750 k would be well worth a punt .

That's probably true, but City can't afford to take a punt on anybody. The squad is so thin, we've got to sign players who are going to make an instant contribution.

What a baffling post.... Apparently I lambasted Cotterill as well which I didnt except offer minor criticism.

Even by Cotterills own admission, its been a terrible summer in regards to signings.

Perhaps you personally did not lambast Cotts, i was talking generally of all those seemingly knowing what exactly Cotts does and does not do; that IS laughable.

For people to say our manager did not want JET to stay is suggesting a personal relationship with our manager; if that is the case then fair enough but frankly i find that hard to believe. Therefore nobody can come out and say he did not want JET to stay. Its been discussed over and over and people still state as fact this to be the case. Ridiculous.

No I didn't.

Try reading it again - slowly, before bashing yer keyboard.

Oh i have believe me. 4 paragraphs yeah... 2 of which state either he didn't try, 1 laments the fact he's gone which is a shoe in to saying it was an error and only 1 paragraph somewhat contradicting yourself by saying 'maybe he did'.

My sincere apologies if the overall thrust of your post does not suggest it was an error not to offer him anything. Its how it reads to me but i stand corrected!

I'm all for Bradshaw. He could very well bring in a few goals. My problem is the price suggested. 2m is far too much for me. I'd take the hit for half that or around that mark. Eoin Doyle went for a reported 750k(a bit older than Bradshaw). How much more do you pay for a few years younger?

Archived