IGNORED

Our Problems .

Major Isewater

We are having our ' preseason ' now , we don't have a settled side , that is to say that the new players have n't played together often and the old players don't know a) if they're about to be replaced or b) if they can step up and perform at the new level.

Even with the input of Burt , Cotterill must be distracted by the transfer market and not able to give the team 100% .

The solidarity of purpose seems to have gone and doubts have set in .

We need a boost from somewhere to get the train rolling again .

A win would help but also an end to the uncertainty over transfers. Everyone needs to know where they stand and be left to concentrate solely on the most important thing , winning matches.

At the moment it's a shambles .

Panic stations!!!! Sometimes however well planned you are things don't go to plan. Everyone stop panicking. You could feel it in the ground Saturday. Doesn't help players or manger.

Tell Cotts , he looks like a rabbit in the headlights at the moment , i really feel for him .He's floundering when we need strong leadership .

At the moment it's a shambles .

No it's not a shambles. City have lost two games, the second one with ten men for the best part on an hour.

Sure, Cotterill hasn't signed the players he wanted yet and is pissed off about it but that's not his fault.

And.....don't forget that City are playing in a better quality league against better quality opposition.

This forum is crazy. After a couple of wins everyone will be celebrating our great new players, manager and chairman.

Then we will lose a couple and the panic will start again. We will need to sack the manager and sign a new defence.

Is the panic because people on this forum are young and inexperienced and don't actually understand what's going on Hi. We have arrived. Cape Town seems great....wine is very nice. Already seen a dolphin.xor they are just a little bit......

Well I won't get too offensive towards you but please calm down. This team will be fine in this league. We won't get relegated and will go in to be a competitive team in this league.

Panic stations!!!! Sometimes however well planned you are things don't go to plan. Everyone stop panicking. You could feel it in the ground Saturday. Doesn't help players or manger.

I think what you could feel in the ground on Saturday was concern from reasonably well-informed fans that we have failed to perform in the transfer market over the summer.  Cotterill needs to get a grip, or the season will be over before we know it.  We've been here before under John Ward, so having concerns this early in the season is perfectly reasonable. 

If we lose on Wednesday and are rooted to the bottom of the table with a goal difference of -5 or worse, having lost our first three league games of the season for the first time since [someone put a year in here - I'm certain it ain't happened for twenty years at least], then I reserve the right to have a little panic.

This forum is crazy. After a couple of wins everyone will be celebrating our great new players, manager and chairman.

Then we will lose a couple and the panic will start again. We will need to sack the manager and sign a new defence.

Is the panic because people on this forum are young and inexperienced and don't actually understand what's going on Hi. We have arrived. Cape Town seems great....wine is very nice. Already seen a dolphin.xor they are just a little bit......

Well I won't get too offensive towards you but please calm down. This team will be fine in this league. We won't get relegated and will go in to be a competitive team in this league.

For every doom merchant there's a happy clapper...

Ok a bit extreme in this case but this is a forum and the extremes will speak loudest and spark debate. When we were flying last year and people were posting how the league was all sewn up in March there were some people keeping us grounded, or those who had been around long enough to know City dont usually do it the easy way.

Now that we're at the bottom we've got people, like the OP, declaring the club and shambles who have forgotten the last 12 months. Thankfully there are level headed people, like yourself to balance it out.

We've had a bad start. I wont get carried away and start fearing the worst as there is a long way to go. You can write off last saturday as by all accounts on here we were in impressive form before the sending off and looked like we were going to batter brentford?! Someone correct me if i am wrong.

I think OP is rihgt about some players settling in and now we've got the ban to deal with, but lets look back after 10 games and then see where we are.

Except we've shipped 9 goals in 3 games... I'm not panicking, but it's something that needs to be addressed.

For every doom merchant there's a happy clapper...

Ok a bit extreme in this case but this is a forum and the extremes will speak loudest and spark debate. When we were flying last year and people were posting how the league was all sewn up in March there were some people keeping us grounded, or those who had been around long enough to know City dont usually do it the easy way.

Now that we're at the bottom we've got people, like the OP, declaring the club and shambles who have forgotten the last 12 months. Thankfully there are level headed people, like yourself to balance it out.

We've had a bad start. I wont get carried away and start fearing the worst as there is a long way to go. You can write off last saturday as by all accounts on here we were in impressive form before the sending off and looked like we were going to batter brentford?! Someone correct me if i am wrong.

I think OP is rihgt about some players settling in and now we've got the ban to deal with, but lets look back after 10 games and then see where we are.

I am fairly new to reading these forums.

To me it seems crazy to be having any doubt in the manager and players so early on after last season. Yes we are a little short in number but there are 2 weeks of the window to go.

As you said give it at least 10 games an see where we are. Even if we lost say 7, would you even consider sacking SC?

Except we've shipped 9 goals in 3 games... I'm not panicking, but it's something that needs to be addressed.

I think what you could feel in the ground on Saturday was concern from reasonably well-informed fans that we have failed to perform in the transfer market over the summer.  Cotterill needs to get a grip, or the season will be over before we know it.  We've been here before under John Ward, so having concerns this early in the season is perfectly reasonable. 

If we lose on Wednesday and are rooted to the bottom of the table with a goal difference of -5 or worse, having lost our first three league games of the season for the first time since [someone put a year in here - I'm certain it ain't happened for twenty years at least], then I reserve the right to have a little panic.

Genuine question, apart from the much publicised Gayle saga (publicised by either Palarse, the player and or the agent) apart from the fact that we haven't recruited enough bodies (obviously) what insider knowledge do you have regarding approaches to possible targets?.

it would seem obvious that some the prices being quoted for even lower league players are truly outrageous, however the closer we come to deadline day the said clubs will become far more desperate and prices will tumble and of course the prem teams will soon have to name their squads freeing lots of loaners.

With nobody and I mean nobody certainly not ITK's on here have any idea about our so called transfer activity, I would hope nobody would suggest that nothing has been done to attempt to make signings, so apart from kidnapping players and forcing them to sign, I cannot see what can be done unless of course you want BCFC to randomly sign players until we have sufficient numbers and see if they are good enough at a later date.

Its a learning curve for them.  

No it isn't.  Burt is very experienced in scouting, tracking and finding players.  He found virtually a whole Notts Florist team before he came to us.  And Cotts has been doing it all the time he has been managing.

Given their experience I do not understand why they have been caught out quite so much.  For sure we are shooting high and so we need to if Lansdown & Cotts ambitions are to be realised, but we were surely aware of where the market was for fees and salaries?  For that failure, as you say, the management team have been poor, but at least they have held their nerve and not started to panic buy.

No it isn't.  Burt is very experienced in scouting, tracking and finding players.  He found virtually a whole Notts Florist team before he came to us.  And Cotts has been doing it all the time he has been managing.

Given their experience I do not understand why they have been caught out quite so much.  For sure we are shooting high and so we need to if Lansdown & Cotts ambitions are to be realised, but we were surely aware of where the market was for fees and salaries?  For that failure, as you say, the management team have been poor, but at least they have held their nerve and not started to panic buy.

Is it that they have been poor, or communication on transfers between management and board have been poor, I'd love to know the answer as something has definitely gone wrong.

OK we haven't signed enough players, but what ACTUAL evidence can you supply to back up this claim?.

Like you have said.  We have not signed enough players this season.  That is the evidence.  The facts speak for themselves.  Why this is i can offer loads of different reasons.  None of which would be correct.  What ever it was that they were trying to do has backfired and gone wrong.

But something has gone very wrong.  It does not matter what they have done before.  This time it has not worked out for whatever reason.  When things mess up, i try to learn from it.  i am guessing that they will do the same.  Something or someone has messed up with regard to us signing new players.   

Like you have said.  We have not signed enough players this season.   Why this is i can offer loads of different reasons.  None of which would be correct.  What ever it was that they were trying to do has backfired and gone wrong.

and the highlighted portion says it all for me, it seems you would be happy with numbers and not quality.

Genuine question, apart from the much publicised Gayle saga (publicised by either Palarse, the player and or the agent) apart from the fact that we haven't recruited enough bodies (obviously) what insider knowledge do you have regarding approaches to possible targets?.

it would seem obvious that some the prices being quoted for even lower league players are truly outrageous, however the closer we come to deadline day the said clubs will become far more desperate and prices will tumble and of course the prem teams will soon have to name their squads freeing lots of loaners.

With nobody and I mean nobody certainly not ITK's on here have any idea about our so called transfer activity, I would hope nobody would suggest that nothing has been done to attempt to make signings, so apart from kidnapping players and forcing them to sign, I cannot see what can be done unless of course you want BCFC to randomly sign players until we have sufficient numbers and see if they are good enough at a later date.

Do you have to be ITK to realise that City needed to strengthen for this season and have failed to do so? My gut feeling is that the strategy was wrong, and we have been after the wrong players. Cotterill and Lansdown have both admitted being taken by surprise by the price-tags put on their targets. Surely that is naive? They are both in the football business; they should understand the market and nothing should come as a surprise. Clearly Cotterill has been frustrated in his attempts to sign the player he wanted, so it doesn't take much to conclude that the strategy was flawed from the word go. In most other businesses, this sort of failure would lead to the manager being called to account.

Do you have to be ITK to realise that City needed to strengthen for this season and have failed to do so? My gut feeling is that the strategy was wrong, and we have been after the wrong players. Cotterill and Lansdown have both admitted being taken by surprise by the price-tags put on their targets. Surely that is naive? They are both in the football business; they should understand the market and nothing should come as a surprise. Clearly Cotterill has been frustrated in his attempts to sign the player he wanted, so it doesn't take much to conclude that the strategy was flawed from the word go. In most other businesses, this sort of failure would lead to the manager being called to account.

Naive or inflated because of our owners wealth?.

Again there has to be a place called stop with over inflated fees/wages and the bringing of faces just to make up the numbers is plain stupid, we have been down both of those routes before.

Although we have only made 4 signings they all appear to be of a good quality, why change that now?.

it's not ideal and I am as frustrated as anyone else, but changing a strategy and making panic signings at the first sign of trouble won't help in the long run. of course IMO.

I am no happy clapper but most things at the club are slowly improving for once and so will this situation. Again IMO.

Archived