IGNORED

The Official Champions V Leeds United Match Day Thread

havanatopia

Is this indicitive of how the second tier has shifted since we went down. It's almost PremLge 2 all in name (not in wealth). Albeit the attitude is the same with more diving and play acting to gain advantage. If so City need to man up. Either that ir were getting a bum deal recently with decisions etc.

We only went down in 2013 dont think it has changed at all.. This is football unfortunately, being on top of games and not getting the rub of the green can happen at any level.

That was tough to take, going in at one down, but please don't over-react if we lose again.

We are in a bl**dy difficult division, yes we walked League One last season but did the people on here who predicted we'd go straight up again truly believe that?!

Working in football brings unbelievable pressure and I'm glad that the views of everyone on here represent a tiny minority of our fanbase. If all our fans had the same views as some on here then our management team would simply break under the expectation levels.

When I'm talking with the chaps and chapesses in the pub a great sense of realism is evident, and I still think, as I've said all along, that we'll finish 17th, and that would be brill!

We'll win a few, we'll lose a few, we'll draw a few - last season was amazing, one of the best in our history.

Enjoy the memories when you can but realise the next nine months will be tough....

Top post.

• Like 1

Harsh. He should have stayed on his feet but why was he out in that situation in the first place? Because of terrible decision making and trying to be audacious instead of a simple pass. Got to blame those who allow a 4 on 1 as soon as we lose the ball!

Wing backs playing as wingers on the edge of the opposition box....your centre defenders better be bloody good or that's what happens. Doubly frustrating when you've undone yourself by crap decision making

it  can't help if the corner doesn't beat the first defender.

He didn't touch the Leeds player, the Leeds player pushed it past him and dived to the floor.

I've watched it 20 times now and it was 100% never a penalty.

So you can't blame the keeper.

Out of curiosity, how and where have you 'watched' this?

Sorry, I have just seen you are watching Sky.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

don't make the signings needed, throw away promotion momentum heads drop then play catch up for the rest of the season.. all points to a woeful attempt at getting players in....

Not surprised at all at what is currently happening

I don't think we are out of place in this division at all, I think we are as good as any team in the division and we should be competing up the top end.

But we aint going to win ANY games if we continue to make the same naive mistakes every game and fail to take simple chances.

I'm fed up of hearing from SC and pundits how well we've played - we can't win games with such naive tactics and poor finishing.

Adam Baker just said "all they have to do is keep playing as they are". That sums it up for me - ignore the fact that we will concede again on the break.

AND THERE WE ARE....................0-2

Its so so predictable.

We are in big trouble.

I don't know how Adam Baker has a job in any form of media, he may actually be made out of wood.
  • Like 1

Guest OneManMob

Punishment for the summer we've had. As I've said before.

Middlesbrough next.

Adapt or die.

3-5-2 was never going to work in the Championship

Adapt or die.

3-5-2 was never going to work in the Championship

I think it can. It's just all the momentum we had was completely eradicated after an inexcusable summer transfer window. The happy clappers refused to acknowledge it, but it was there for all to see.

• Like 3

Guest OneManMob

Simple - higher quality opposition

This.

We were hit on the counter alot last season just the strikers we were up against were shit/slow

Starting to feel like we're back to the "we'll never see a clean sheet again" times. 

I know it's going to be considered "too soon" to give up on 3-5-2 but even with our amazing season last season it looked like it had it's weaknesses at times and now we've taken a step up and are against much better quality. I'm worried this formation and lack of quality in the middle actually could potentially see us get relegated if it's not addressed, not to mention we could do with a CB who will command the back line and lead.

What has happened to make our previously solid defense so leaky all of a sudden?

The defence wasnt that solid, the quality of opposition was poor and after a while our reputation preceeded us and our attacking style became a self fulfilling prophecy.

Out of 11 we probably had 5 or 6 who could actually step up and compete at this level. That was it.

Its been obvious for months and months and months.

Sorry people, ive wanted to scream for months.

• Like 1

There is no other system? What a ridiculous comment.

I think he means there is no other system barely with the squad we have. Everything is so geared to playing 3-5-2 we simply dont have the personnel to play other systems..

Why?

11 goals against (and counting) in 4 games is a start...

Constantly being done on the counter attack so if we insist on sticking to a back three we need to get seriously better at defending or stop giving the ball away so cheaply as it's costing us goals in every game.

Guest ernie goodthing

I live in Ipswich and I have watched 8 - 12 championship games a season at Ipswich for the last 12 ish seasons. I don't think it has got better since City were last relegated. For the last couple of seasons, I would say that there are fewer really good teams and fewer really poor teams which makes for a very competitive league but where any team that can string a few results together can do well ( the Ipswich team that made last year's play offs had some really poor periods) That said, to lose 4 games out of 4 (one against a L2 team even the gas could beat) and say that the team played well but just had bad luck is pushing it a bit